Glad I Didn't Miss the Parade Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad I Didn't Miss the Parade Today!

Drove 25 minutes to get to little Shannon, Ill. where they always have a large Labor Day parade.
    I just finished applying the new light green snakeskin patterned vynl to the hood and the roof of my Spookmobile, even added a large shark fin on the roof, covered with green vynl too!
    It's The Corn-Fed, Illinois Land -Shark!
    It has moving arms going up and down from the hood, right beside the eyes , right above the large open mouth full of teeth where the grill used to be.
    To have missed the amazing opportunity to drive my car passed 1,ooo's and 1,ooo's of smiling, laughing , friendly faces, all now talking about my house, my car, the experience of having a fun time visiting my house, would have been quite a loss.
    Last night we were very busy here and at bedtime (2am), I felt very, very tired and physically beat down, but I woke up intime to get to the parade!

The Lena, Illinois JCs had three hearses in the parade, one pulling a small trailer with an antique organ on it with a furry-suited walking critter too advertising their haunted house too.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Sounds like a lot of fun!
    "To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Land Shark. *giggle*
      ------------------------
      The child is grown, the dream is gone.
      I have become comfortably numb.

Comment

The painted words on the car's fender were barely dry when the national news story was quoting the Lt. Gov. of California talking about a pervert trying to pick up little girls from his car as being a "Landshark"!
        I was the victim of totally imperfect timing, once again!
        At least mine is "The Illinois Corn-Fed" land shark.
        The spaces between the teeth on mine aren't quite wide enough, little girls would require flossing, too much flossing to suite me.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
        X