City museum .... The best thing at transworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City museum .... The best thing at transworld

Ok we got invited to go to city museum by a devilino and the boys from scare factory had mentioned it. It was the single best idea of transworld, met up with the boys from headless horseman and House of torment. Half the crew from Disturbia went, and saw a few other haunters Ben, Allen H, Dan faupel just to name a few

first off
    How was this place legal ? After all the stuff us haunts go thru ?
    If that place caught fire everyone would die ......

second
    The best way to describe this place is that tim burton and willy wonka had a love child right in St louis.

So besides buying a bunch of stuff at transworld, this place really made the trip

Did anyone else go ?

Chris

I agree that was the coolest place I have ever been and I am well traveled. I was just pissed we only had three hours there. Why had Larry never mentioned the place?
    Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

I Think

Larry or somebody did mention the museum last year. I have had people coming to see my place from St. Louis tell me about it too. They didn't mention the fear of fire there though. Maybe it makes a big difference possibly being well lit? Natural light?
      Some people say my house reminds them of a museum.. then I move and scare them as "King Tut" just came alive!
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Been to DC twice and nothing like it. It is a work of art, museum and adult playground all in one. With a bar!

Comment

Sounds cool! We are checking out the Spy Museum in DC this summer. I hear there is an awesomely cool geocaching type hike and seek the city game you can play. My kiddos would soo love that!
          Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

Dark,
            have you been to city museum? When I was there I saw Eyeore and he was having a blast. Aside from Jims place, and Bishops castle in CO, and the Jurrasic playground at Universal studios FL- I have never seen or been anywhere like it. Its a really cool place If you went and didnt have fun Id be shocked.
            I understand the devils advocate position you often take, but City museum is awesome no matter who you are....unless your in a wheelchair...or have no arms...then it would suck. But for fat middle aged me-It was awesome!
            Allen H
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I didn't hear anything about it until the night you guys were there. What is it exactly? I'd love to check it out next year!
              Zach Wiechmann
              www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

There is NOTHING like this place. It is pretty amazing and we really only got to play around for like 15 minutes, then just didnt have time to go back. This is a must see piece of art. Cant wait to go again next year and actually have the time to see the whole thing. Everything inside is reclaimed/recycled...and is just plain insane to wrap your brain around it all.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

I have mentioned the place many times... I've talked to other museums around the country and they all say that they travel from all over the world to see this place. St. Louis even hosted some sort of museum show or something just so other museum people could see it... now I've met the creator he's been by the Darkness and we've talked with them many times. Personally I find the place to be somewhat dangerous they have a lot of stuff that is hard to believe they get away with. I've heard they've had some serious injuries there in the past but I don't know. I know everyone who goes there is really blown away by the place. Its one of the biggest tourist attractions here... we are planning on taking our kids again here soon. Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I know the place has had something along the lines of 22 lawsutes in the past. We (the USS Nightmare) crew went last year and I must say we were very sore the very next day. Remembering that, it was kind'a funny to see some other haunters we know feel the same way we did the next morning.

Comment

I definitely plan to give this a go next year as I had alternative plans during TW this year. Everything I heard about the museum was that it was awesome...
                      http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                      http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Were Those "Injurys"?

For physical or mental?
                        People seem to want mental/injury to pay off bigger, usually because it impedes their sexual performance or something akin to that. (I'm serious here!)
                        There was the 3 million dollar lawsuit against the Minn. JCs because "They scared her!" Although this existence on this planet keeps getting scarier everyday for all of us, so any jury might be fairly numb to most sort of "silly" complaints.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

We had a great time there, but definitely left feeling sore.

I was also amazed that it isn't considered a fire trap; once you start climbing in and out of tunnels, it takes a long time to figure your way back out.
                          Katie Lane
                          Partner/VP
                          Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                          sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel
                            Maybe going with other haunters or your staff or possibly mixed with some adult beverages, it made it much more cool?

DA = Debbie Downer.

debbie_downer.jpg

I still love reading your posts, though!
                            Ryan

Comment

I have been to disney several times and not had that much fun. I felt like I was 12 again. I guess I also have a big love of art and architecture. The whole friggin building is art.

Comment

Working...
                              X