• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

funny

Originally posted by Novus View Post
    DA = Debbie Downer.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8670[/ATTACH]

I still love reading your posts, though!
    Novus that is some funny stuff!

Comment

SO I'm kinda on the fence about this topic. Did I greatly enjoy city museum? yes. Was it the best? no. BUT that's because I'm claustrophobic and almost had a panic attack in the caves... so I went to the museum part and explored, which was fun. (especially since i got to flirt with one of the workers) ... Then I had a couple drinks in the bar and the bar tender ended up buying me a third drink and a shot of jager... so I was toasty when I left. so yes, it was a great time. And I know that if i had a great time without getting to experience the cool part of the museum, i can only imagine how yall felt! Jealousy!

As for the Disney comment, i just don't think you can compare the two... That's like comparing a 3D clown haunt (Let's just say TerrorVisions) to Netherworld... you just can't do it. but they are both awesome. There doesn't ALWAYS have to be a pissing contest when someone says "i liked this best", "well, mine's bigger" ... Just sayin.

I look forward to the museum visit next year (if the convention is in stl again)
      sigpic
      Catie Mahfouz
      Blood Ink Writing Service
      www.hauntwriter.com

Comment

I LOVE City Museum! I'm pissed I wasn't able to go with you guys this year. Next year, it's a must on my list. My graduation party was there last May and everyone from my 16 year old brother to my 70 year old grandma had a blast! Each time I go, I discover something new. And I get a good work out - not to mention some cuts and bruises, too. Haha!

As far as the safety issues go... that place is perfectly safe as long as you are not an idiot. It is NOT idiot proof. Everything will hold up. Nothing will fail. But if you try to climb on the outside of one of the wire cages and you fall to your death...well that's your fault. Not the City Museum's fault. That wire cage held up just fine (and so did the concrete pavement). We expect places to be idiot proof so that we can be careless and blame someone else, and that is due to the numerous lawsuits that have been filed by people with that mentality. Don't be stupid and you won't get hurt. I've been stupid and I have gotten hurt. Simple as that. I have a friend that works there. Rumor has it, they can't hold insurance for more than a year at a time and yes, serious injuries do happen. But play smart, and you'll have a great time.

Or drink enough so that you don't feel the pain... LMAO.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by All American View Post
          first off
          How was this place legal ? After all the stuff us haunts go thru ?
          If that place caught fire everyone would die ......

second
          The best way to describe this place is that tim burton and willy wonka had a love child right in St louis.
          Love your comments, All American:-D Sounds like a neat place to visit.
          sigpic
          http://www.cafepress.com/Darksydesigns
          Wide variety of products, including clothing (from child to adult-sized), jewelry, wall clings, dog items, and much more. Many perfectly-suited for Halloween.

Comment

I'm about to reply to like half of this thread, sorry haha

Ok we got invited to go to city museum by a devilino and the boys from scare factory had mentioned it.

second
            The best way to describe this place is that tim burton and willy wonka had a love child right in St louis.
            The night before I went WITH the scare factory crew [I think...i know some of them were lol] and had a blast. That's why I demanded we go Saturday xD and I have been describing it the same way plus a few discovery zone references

Originally posted by Darkangel
            If you like museums and traveling come to DC there are cool museums all over town of all kinds. The spy museum is pretty new and very interesting.
            I've been to a good number of the museums in DC and none of them came close to how much fun CM was.

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
            Dark,
            have you been to city museum? When I was there I saw Eyeore and he was having a blast. Aside from Jims place, and Bishops castle in CO, and the Jurrasic playground at Universal studios FL- I have never seen or been anywhere like it. Its a really cool place If you went and didnt have fun Id be shocked.
            I understand the devils advocate position you often take, but City museum is awesome no matter who you are....unless your in a wheelchair...or have no arms...then it would suck. But for fat middle aged me-It was awesome!
            Allen H
            Allen the afterthought for why it could suck made me laugh out loud. I think if Jurrasic Park's playground was as big as City Museum it could definitely be the same degree of awesome, but since it's way smaller they don't really compare lol

Originally posted by BruiseMuse View Post
            We had a great time there, but definitely left feeling sore.
            I'm STILL sore. I went Friday and Saturday after the haunt tours until it closed [and then walked back to the hotel both nights :shock:] so it was like 9 hours total time spent crawling around hahah

It's for kids, and great for them but you guys are making it sound like Disneyworld or better where it's no where close! It's a lot of crawling, there is a system of caves that you go through and you make your way up a steep and very dangerous, not to mention narrow stairs and go down a slide that was very dirty with tons of rust stains. It was all metal, and some of the welds had frayed ends. I agree with whoever said it was dangerous I would not take my kids there and let them run free like many parents did it's not like falling on foam padding or anything you fall on METAL rebar or rough textured cave walls with jagged rocks. The net system outside was pretty cool but again it felt way more like a huge kids playground than a museum. There was an area with insects, and gargoyles and cool plaster cast lions heads and other architecture elements but again you call all of this TIMES 100 in DC where the Smithsonian museums are, dozens of them, and they make the St Louis museum look average. Anyone who has been to DC knows how great the museums are up there. Maybe going with other haunters or your staff or possibly mixed with some adult beverages, it made it much more cool?
            It's for kids, but you wouldn't recommend taking kids there? Which side of that are you on, DA? I think the best way to describe it would be a huge playground for big kids...like teenagers and adults who still have fun doing kid stuff [oh, and haunters.] And nobody ever compared the actual museum content to any other museum. I'd give it like a 2/10 as far as actual museum stuff goes [the old signs and carnival stuff was awesome though], but a 20/10 as far as how much fun it is goes.

Originally posted by Novus View Post
            DA = Debbie Downer.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8670[/ATTACH]
            I laughed out loud at that picture.

Comment

one more reply!

Originally posted by Fear Unfathomed View Post
              I LOVE City Museum! I'm pissed I wasn't able to go with you guys this year. Next year, it's a must on my list. My graduation party was there last May and everyone from my 16 year old brother to my 70 year old grandma had a blast! Each time I go, I discover something new. And I get a good work out - not to mention some cuts and bruises, too. Haha!

As far as the safety issues go... that place is perfectly safe as long as you are not an idiot. It is NOT idiot proof. Everything will hold up. Nothing will fail. But if you try to climb on the outside of one of the wire cages and you fall to your death...well that's your fault. Not the City Museum's fault. That wire cage held up just fine (and so did the concrete pavement). We expect places to be idiot proof so that we can be careless and blame someone else, and that is due to the numerous lawsuits that have been filed by people with that mentality. Don't be stupid and you won't get hurt. I've been stupid and I have gotten hurt. Simple as that. I have a friend that works there. Rumor has it, they can't hold insurance for more than a year at a time and yes, serious injuries do happen. But play smart, and you'll have a great time.

Or drink enough so that you don't feel the pain... LMAO.

I got a good workout and VERY dirty hahah ..... yellow pants vs city museum? pants lost for sureeee

I think that the fact that it's not idiot proof is part of why I liked it so much...everywhere has so many regulations that cover EVERYTHING that could ever possibly happen. It takes the fun out of a lot of things for people who aren't going to be idiots. People should take the blame when they do something dumb and hurt themselves so that everyone else can still enjoy a slightly questionable place....because there were definitely some questionable parts of city museum. lol

Comment

DA, I don't think anyone on here is trying to compare the City Museum to any full blown museum in DC or anywhere else. Yes it does have some museum elements to it, but that's maybe 1/10th or less of the entire place. So don't compare those 2 and try and bring all of us fun loving people down with your negative outlook anymore. So you didn't have fun crawling around? Neither did Catie with her claustrophobia, but she's not complaining very much.

When I go there, I'm not there to "oohh" and "ahh" at the actual museum display areas, although it is nice to settle down for a bit. I'm there to be a kid again! I feel like I'm 12 again, and I want to explore every little tunnel and crevice I can find! The thought and ingenuity and engineering that goes into it blows my mind!

And as far as the safety and condition of the place: I am an industrial and structural weld inspector as my day job. When I first saw this place last year and was really nervous about the structural integrity of this place. Especially outside where it's affected by weather. But it's all safe and good to go. I even had me and 2 other big guys in a tunnel with me and not one instance where I was uncomfortable about it. And as far as the big spinning slides having rust everywhere and frayed welds, I saw nothing of the sort, and I went down 2 slides. Sounds to me like DA is just trying to find something to complain about as usual.

Other than that little rant, I had a blast and am so jealous I couldn't make it on Saturday night!! I will deffinately get with you guys next year, and play around for several hours!
                Brad Bowen
                Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
                  When I go there, I'm not there to "oohh" and "ahh" at the actual museum display areas, although it is nice to settle down for a bit. I'm there to be a kid again! I feel like I'm 12 again, and I want to explore every little tunnel and crevice I can find! The thought and ingenuity and engineering that goes into it blows my mind!

And as far as the big spinning slides having rust everywhere and frayed welds, I saw nothing of the sort, and I went down 2 slides.

Other than that little rant, I had a blast and am so jealous I couldn't make it on Saturday night!! I will deffinately get with you guys next year, and play around for several hours!
                  I actually forgot there were supposed to be actual displays of things about 30 seconds after walking into the building. haha I immediately went into little kid mode. The 10 story slide was pretty dirty, but who the heck wants to clean that much slide? The wire tunnel things outside had some questionable welds on them for sure, but at no point did I ACTUALLY expect anything bad to happen. I was just joking about it to try to calm myself down [I hate heights in that kind of situation. My acrophobia is really picky.]

You definitely have to go with us next year.

I've been on a field trip [in like 5th grade lol] where we stayed the night at a museum....I think it would be awesome [at least worth a phone call] to see if we could work it out to do that there if enough people are down. Like rent the museum for a night or something.....however they'd have to word it to make it OK. haha

Comment

Photos of the City Museum

Ok we got invited to go to city museum by a devilino and the boys from scare factory had mentioned it. It was the single best idea of transworld, met up with the boys from headless horseman and House of torment. Half the crew from Disturbia went, and saw a few other haunters Ben, Allen H, Dan faupel just to name a few

first off
                    How was this place legal ? After all the stuff us haunts go thru ?
                    If that place caught fire everyone would die ......

second

So besides buying a bunch of stuff at transworld, this place really made the trip

Did anyone else go ?

Chris

I love the City Museum as well --- it is truly a unique work of art, and I've never seen anything else like it. My wife and I have been there twice, there's a 10 STORY SLIDE in the building that spirals all the way down! We're friends with the owner and the art director and they tell us all the "wonderful" things they have to deal with when there are that many children and adults running around on a daily basis. They host over half a million guests every year... just absolutely, amazing (or amazon).

I'm also really happy to say that they're using our spotlights to replace many of the Par-Cans they were using =)

More in this album: http://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie...7625524385717/
                    Last edited by thrilltainment; 03-16-2011, 05:49 PM.
                    sigpic
                    The world's SMALLEST and BRIGHTEST LED spotlights! Built for haunters.

Comment

Best part of T.W? It doesnt have anything to do with Transworld. It is an attraction in St. Louis. Its not haunted house related! It looks like somewhere I would like to bring my kids someday?. It doesnt look all that great from what I've seen for an adult. Just my opinion.
                      Damon
                      Damon Carson

Comment

A "Dirty" Slide?

How is this possible. All those sliding down it would be automatically, perpetually "Cleaning" it.
                        Right?
                        Although air currents whipping upward could possibly deposit dirt in unordinary locations.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I did not find the giant slide. My brother went back the next day and found it. I will go a day early next year and explore more. Someone told me they played paintball there too. Sounded like fun. I feel like I only scratched the surface.
                          Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
                            How is this possible. All those sliding down it would be automatically, perpetually "Cleaning" it.
                            Right?
                            Although air currents whipping upward could possibly deposit dirt in unordinary locations.
                            there are SEVERAL slides in the building, i haven't counted but I think at LEAST 6, of various sizes and shapes... I've also heard stories that kids poop on it once in a while... so you CAN have a dirty slide.
                            sigpic
                            The world's SMALLEST and BRIGHTEST LED spotlights! Built for haunters.

Comment

Coolest thing about Transworld or coolest place you've ever been? Transworld convention is coolest thing about Transworld. It's ok for young kids, a couple playground slides and climbing areas and a little history and architecture I'm sure there are museums like that all over the country. If you like museums and traveling come to DC there are cool museums all over town of all kinds. The spy museum is pretty new and very interesting.

DA
                              DA don't be mad no one invited you to go ...
                              I live close to DC and yes the museums there are world class for sure, Tho the spy museum doesn't live up to the hype ( in my opinion )
                              I have travled all over the country and have done many many different things
                              This place truly brought me back to when I was a kid... And aren't all us kids at heart I mean hell we do haunted houses lol
                              And yeah it really has nothing to do with transworld itself just kind of added it in as part of the whole st louis transworld deal
                              either way seems like everyone else enjoyed themselves and I look forward to going next year

Btw I went to disney for a week and hated it, I went to city museum for a 5 hrs for $12 and had the time of my life of course the ppl your with helps

Chris

Comment

A Great Many

Ravens Grin patrons seem to also revert to childhood, the only difference is they are sometimes children with perverted minds with sexual overtones.
                                Children coming here see a 61yr. old man showing them it's OK to dream child-like dreams and even to build them for everyone to enjoy playing in them.
                                I really like inspiring others to do or to return to doing their own art, whatever it was.
                                Sometimes I feel some customers can't help but have a really fun time here because I am having so much fun giving them the house tour!
                                Fun is contageous, if they arrive in short supply, I more than gladly share mine with them.
                                I think I might have done a full hour routine in just the front/first room a few nights ago. Almost half of it was spur-of-the-moment adlibs which had us all laughing to the point of passing out for lack of inhaling! (Much of it had to do with a customer's cane, I re-named it and gave it a whole new possible personality! A "dark" personality)
                                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                                X