Animations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animations

Hello Everyone I’m pretty new at running my own haunt (2 years in fact) and this year I’m looking at starting to put animations into my haunt..... Does anyone know of a place that tells you the ins and outs of rigging up such devices... like what are the advantages of a pic a boo box and what kind of sensors work the best (pressure pads/motion sensors/ or even the hand trigger) and how do you get the animation to work from someone stepping on the pad? I pretty much know nothing about electrical so all the help i can get would be appreciated.... Thank You All!

A good place to start: http://www.frightprops.com/support/
    Kevin
    MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Animations

I would recommend that BEFORE you try learning all the in's and out's of animatronics begin with what you are trying to achieve. Example: I want the lights to start flickering, bring in some audio, and the door starts to open and close on it's own. Then once you have that figured out look at the multiple vendors and visit with them on what you are trying to acheive. You will save ALOT of time and MONEY if you have a plan before you start calling vendors. Fright Props is great. I have also had good luck with haunted Enterprises. However this year when we start to build our elevator I think that Gilderfluk controls will work best for that particular application. I want to just build also but I need to pull myself back and plan first. That lesson cost me some good money. Hope that helps

Buck
      Capt.Chaos
      Fear Asylum Haunted House
      Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Efx-tek

Just to throw my two cents into the ring, Dont forget to look at EFX-TEK. I was a little intimidated with their products when I first looked at them but they are top notch and VERY easy to operate.
        Our elevator runs off of an EFX-TEK easy 8 and it does a fantastic job.
        The name easy 8 if perfectly fitting. Its easy to use and very affordable.
        I HIGHLY recommended their products.
        I was a firm believer in the picoboo controllers until Kip from Pale Night turned me on to the efx-tek and how simple they were to operate. With 8 channels to operate 8 different events they are hard to beat for the price.
        Take a look at their website and NO I dont work for them! lol

www.efx-tek.com

Greg
        Fearfest
        Last edited by N2SPOOKINU; 03-17-2011, 09:54 PM.
        Greg Allen
        scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
        www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Style Of haunt=style of displays

I lead people through here (not chase them or ignore them) so I activate my displays when I think the moment is optimal for the effect's best response-making.
          Some will be more startled if something seems to be coming at them when they are not quite looking in it's direction.
          Mere switches can't tell which way a customer is looking, standing, but a human sure can.
          If a terrified customer walks passed a display I don't want it to activate, once again a mere switch won't be holding -off on this.
          The Ravens Grin is a tourist attraction, open all year long, familys, little kids, Grandmas come here, so I need more control over every aspect of the show I decide to give them.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim,
            How does one person activate several different rooms while he is walking through with them? Do you use some kind of remote or a trigger in each room you physically throw? I like your system.
            Todd

Comment

Working...
            X