Facebook Help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Help...

Hi all! Can anyone direct me to a good online article explaining the page options on Facebook and the use of the "Like" button? I've had several people contact me asking for my help with this and I have yet to find a good source that I can share and one that helps me to completely get my head wrapped aroung it.

I have a "Group" page "Fans of Raycliff Manor"
    I have a Raycliff Manor Profile
    I've also set up a business page for my newest (non haunt related) book

I know the "fan" option was replaced with "like". Again, if anyone can direct me to good article/s explaining the page differences and the benefits of each, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've searched the Internet and I'm finding a lot of outdated information. Please feel free to either share in a reply or email me at info(at)racyfliffmanor(dot)com. I'm sure there are others here who would be interested so posting is probably the best. Thanks so much!

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

Did you try here??

http://www.facebook.com/help/

Comment

Yep, that's the first thing I tried and didn't find it very helpful.

Kel
      sigpic
      Kelly Allen
      www.RaycliffManor.com
      www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Hey Kel,

Maybe I can help you out. What exactly are you wanting clarification on? Why some would want a Page vs a Group?
        News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
        Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Kel Buddy

As i figured this out....If you have a character DO NOT! make them a fan page...make them a profile page...that way you can interact with the people alot more and its 20x simpler.
          Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm really trying to better understand, and share, the various options and their individual benefits.

I know with a group, an advantage is that you can send a message to all members of the group. I also understand the groups do not have a "Like" button; however, you can invite people to join the group or they can visit the page and click the "join" button. Others, once they are a member, can also invite their friends to join your group.

I also understand the business pages have the "Like" button and you can encourage people to "like" the page. There is also the added benefit of being able to purchase ads to promote the business page.

I also understand that a profile allows you to invite people to be your friend, or they can visit your profile and click the "Add as Friend" button to become your friend.

What I'm trying to better understand is which have limits: I've heard of a 5,000 limit, but I'm not sure if this is for a group or profile or something else???

I'm also trying to better understand if there are other page types, or if the "Like" button be added to page types other than business pages... and ... I'm interested in learning what the pros and cons are for each type and what people's experiences have been in any or all of the above.

I know there are those who are utilizing the apps in Facebook to promote through their websites. Is this done through a particular page type? Any and all insights and feedback are appreciated!

Kel

P.S. Charles, I'm definitely going to be connecting with you to discuss your Haunt Apps services!
            Last edited by Raycliff Manor; 03-20-2011, 12:23 PM.
            sigpic
            Kelly Allen
            www.RaycliffManor.com
            www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Hi again all! I just finally found a VERY Helpful article on Facebook. Here you go...

http://www.squidoo.com/facebookpage

Kel
              sigpic
              Kelly Allen
              www.RaycliffManor.com
              www.HauntBook.com

Comment

One more thing...

Another point of interest...

It appears to me that you can link a page to Twitter so that your Facebook updates auto-populate Tweets. However, you cannot link a profile to Twitter, unless I'm mistaken and, if so, please correct me and provide the steps to do so. Thanks again and I hope this shared research is helping others.

Kel
                sigpic
                Kelly Allen
                www.RaycliffManor.com
                www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Great link Kelly!
                  Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

I run several pages for various projects of mine and for my clients. With "Pages", you don't have a limit on the number of people that can follow up. With a "Profile", you can only have 5,000 friends. They assume if you have more than that, then your a celeb and need to be a "Page". Also, with a "Page" you can send a mass email to all your Fans if you have an update for them. Also, with a "Page", the wall updates also provide you with some impression information, so you'll know how many people are really seeing your updates. Plus, they also provide more statistical info so you know what your fan retention is and how active people are with your content. You wont get that with a "Profile" and I don't think you get that with a group. Plus, another benifits of having your site as a "Page" is that you can add FBML markup to it. You can add some seriously cool stuff to your page for visitors. Just something for you to consider.
                    News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
                    Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Thanks BB, it took a lot of data mining for me to finally find that link! LOL Thanks for the insights Charles! So, is it possible to convert a profile to a business page? Our Raycliff Manor profile is nearing the 5,000 limit. Talk to you soon my friend!

Kel
                      sigpic
                      Kelly Allen
                      www.RaycliffManor.com
                      www.HauntBook.com

Comment

As a matter of fact, yes you can. Visit http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php?migrate and your profile will be upgraded to a Page based on your need.

Comment

Thanks Charles and Nick! I have one more question regarding upgrading the profile to a page. Will I lose all the "Friends" in the upgrade? Is there a way to bring them over as fans? Thanks again for all the insights and assistance!

Kel
                          sigpic
                          Kelly Allen
                          www.RaycliffManor.com
                          www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Yikes, I just migrated the profile to a business page and I lost all my previous posts, uploaded videos and pictures and the private Fright Team group I had created. I'm just sharing this in case anyone else is thinking about migrating their profile to a page. You might want to be aware of this. The good news is that the friends of the profile did convert over to people who "like" the page.

Kel
                            sigpic
                            Kelly Allen
                            www.RaycliffManor.com
                            www.HauntBook.com

Comment

I'm back with another question. I don't see birthday announcements since migrating the Raycliff Manor profile to a page. Is it still possible to view the daily birthdays? The only info I've been able to find regarding this is related to a profile and not a page. Thanks again for all the assistance!

Kel
                              sigpic
                              Kelly Allen
                              www.RaycliffManor.com
                              www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Working...
                              X