Dream Scape Studios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shane is as real as it gets!!!

I just want to chime it and say that Shane is as real as it could possibly get on this forum. I have personally done business with Kevin at Gore Galore and can personally vouch for his ethics and business sense. I ordered a Freakenstein from Kevin at GG and had a few questions about how everything worked. Kevin is the quintessential customer serivice rep. He would answer his phonre at any given time amd always took care of me as a customer. Hell, he still knows my name!!

Shane tells it like it is!!! No half-truths or fairy-tales. Shane will let you know when your in the wrong/why and how.

I say, do what you want DS. Keep it up. Anyone within this industry will form there own decision based on experience and friends' opinion(s).

I'm with Shane!!!
    -Grant

Comment

Couple things...

Allen

NO MY cap lock wasn't on it was so they could make out the difference between my post and his posts. I do it all the time.

Spookhole and basically everyone crying about this subject...

I'm calling it the way I see it and I'm saying point blank Gore Galore as NOTHING to complain about from where I'm standing unless they did some of the things he's claiming which are all hearse. Exmortis introduced these type of things FIRST to the haunt industry on the mass level. I heard NO ONE saying crying copy cat. Second Scarefactory even at one point came out with their own version of a walk around monsters after Exmortis made them popular.

Fact is a fact... Gore Galore came AFTER Exmortis, and Exmortis came AFTER the company we've already discussed who in my opinion made the best one still to this date. Mouth moved, heads moved in all directions, easy to wear, durable and everything between. And lets be honest that company came after seeing theses in parades for years. THIS IS NOT A NEW IDEA... NO ONE RIPPED OFF ANYONE!

And if someone RIPPED off ANYONE it was Exmortis who made the WHOLE thing something popular. However I"m just going this out there... I don't buy these things because my actors don't like wearing them, and I have a hard enough time finding enough actors to scare people much less walk around the crowd. So I don't even see the big deal here... this whole thing is non-sense.

Beating up on this company is total bull... Gore Galore fired the guys that is his problem. So the guys go out and make their own company good for them... that is their business. Had Kevin made them sign a non-compete we wouldn't even be discussing this right now. I've had guys I've fired go out and start their own business... good for them!

Kevin in the future like myself as well should consider making all employees sign NON-COMPETE PERIOD!

Additionally let me say another word to the wise... this isn't even close to the first time anyone has taken another popular idea or at least percieved popular idea and run with it... case in point GORE GALORE from EXMORTIS! But you can trace back all the black hole tunnel companies, animation companies, making zombies, to basically EVERYTHING between.

Lastly if a company is pissed that one company said theirs is better... what ever everyone says that. Its for the customer to decide which one is better. That goes in one ear and out the other...

PERIOD!

So cut the non-sense!

Lastly though I will AGREE with ONE thing Spookhole said... I do agree that they kinda hung themselves arguing about this over and over and over again... they should have made their point and left it at that. Had they made the same point I'm making and pointed out the obviousl this conversation would have ended 10 pages ago. I agree they have hung themselves on this issue. I agree if they wore gore galore shirts or jackets that was stupid. And as I pointed out in a previous post, if this was true Kevin should have walked right over there and put an end to it. So because he didn't I question it...

Last but not least at least in my opinion their walk around costumes don't look that great and Gores looks way better so who cares... people will buy what they think is best and leave it at that. The idea doesn't NOT belong to Gore Galore not by a long shot, however what does belong to him is his inovations and or his creative and if they copied it line for line, word or word Gore Galore should stop talking about it and SUE THEM!

And outside of that lets drop the subject its out of hand, and not accurate anyway.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by creep house View Post
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0

Casey .................................... CREEP HOUSE
        lol, I was thinking the same thing while reading this thread

Comment

[QUOTE=Fear At Its Best;115529]... Your memory must be as short as you are hmmmm, thats funny you have pictures of our donation sitting on a table in your own photos that were posted from your party, i would like to see where you aranged to have that picked up by the "deadline" QUOTE]

Not to get involved in the big argument here but I don't recall Shane being short. I believe he is of normal height.
          Jared Layman

Comment

DreamScape: "Your memory must be as short as you are hmmmm"

Trying to insult somebody is not going to help this situation, it just makes you look like even more of a dick.

I have seen a few of your products before and actually liked them and thought about purchasing one, but reading this kind of thing makes me ask myself "Why would I even want to give him my money?"

Comment

Scary goat sorry you feel that way, and my comment on his height wasn't an insult as in all actuality he is about two feet shorter than myself.
              Larry thought was given before doing our own line of costumes, our armature is our design, ours are an animatronic puppets utilizing electronics and servos, ours is lighter, ergonomic and professional looking on the inside without the look of a bunch of straps and belts, plywood and fasteners of all sorts.
              GG as well as others have items we made prior to all of this and you didn't hear us complain, it's free enterprise and not one idea that anyone has done hasn't been done in one fashion or another. The only problem here is here GG fired me and I moved on to another business and am still creating what I love to do!
              I sculpted the new costumes to be more human like and less monster and creature like as that's what I sculpted at GG, however I promise to sculpt more and they will look even less similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Fear At Its Best View Post
                Scary goat sorry you feel that way, and my comment on his height wasn't an insult as in all actuality he is about two feet shorter than myself.
                Larry thought was given before doing our own line of costumes, our armature is our design, ours are an animatronic puppets utilizing electronics and servos, ours is lighter, ergonomic and professional looking on the inside without the look of a bunch of straps and belts, plywood and fasteners of all sorts.
                GG as well as others have items we made prior to all of this and you didn't hear us complain, it's free enterprise and not one idea that anyone has done hasn't been done in one fashion or another. The only problem here is here GG fired me and I moved on to another business and am still creating what I love to do!
                I sculpted the new costumes to be more human like and less monster and creature like as that's what I sculpted at GG, however I promise to sculpt more and they will look even less similar.
                I didn't think you were being insulting and wasn't trying to start anything, but isn't Shane like 6 foot? Its just I am about 6 foot and I thought about Shanes height and didn't want to be called short . Are you trying to say your 8 foot tall? Are you one of your costumes, lol? Are you sure you know who Shane is, lol? I have only ever seen one really tall person at Transworld and usually he is standing right behind me.
                Last edited by mindtumor; 03-30-2011, 07:07 AM.
                Jared Layman

Comment

Originally posted by Fear At Its Best View Post
                  Is this actually Jake? If so hey man keep up the cool work, hope to see more cool things from you in the future. I say that without taking any sides in the situation.
                  Jared Layman

Comment

Just because it's true (or you say it is) doesn't mean it's not an insult.

And I'm not saying it really matters, I bet Shane could care less, it's just it doesn't make you look that great with the situation you are already in.

Comment

Everyone is usually taller than me. I'm like 5"7 which is only a little shorter than average height for a male and people tower over me at Transworld. What the hell are they feeding kids these days?
                      Spooky Wishes
                      Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Kevin emailed me and said flat out he was glad this issue was discussed but would rather the silly thing stop... its really beaten into the ground like a steak turned into soup. Its very non-productive just as much as the 13th Hour thread... lets give this thread a break.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President
                        www.HalloweenProductions.com
                        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry, Kevin

I agree! I am moving on I said what I had to say and I said it in 40 different ways!!!!!!! I really was offering my help in alot of ways and I don't think they seen that. I wish him the best and hope at some point to do some business with this company in the future who knows?. I only wish to see something that no one else has done. I never realized till 3 vendors told me yesterday on a conference call I was having with them. They said Shane do you not realize that this is the same company that has followed GG before? I said no and they said here ya go!!!!

Gore Galore= Pet Zombies with Death Certificates ... Now you got... DreamScape= Dead Buddies with Death Certificates
                          Gore Galoer= Head On a Plaque... Now you got... DeamScape with Heads on a Plaque
                          Gore Galore= Oversized Costumes... Now you got... DreamScapes with oversized costumes
                          Gore Galore= Giant Actor Controlled Goat Head...Now you got... DreamScapes _______? i wanna see something that is all DreamScapes idea so I can like it and buy it? Is that to much to ask for? Shane and it's 6'1" Shane!
                          Last edited by graystone; 03-30-2011, 05:28 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Comparisons...

Originally posted by graystone View Post
                            Gore Galore= Pet Zombies with Death Certificates ... Now you got... DreamScape= Dead Buddies with Death Certificates
                            Gore Galoer= Head On a Plaque... Now you got... DeamScape with Heads on a Plaque
                            Gore Galore= Oversized Costumes... Now you got... DreamScapes with oversized costumes
                            Gore Galore= Giant Actor Controlled Goat Head...Now you got... DreamScapes _______?

Hahaha I love how you make comparisons, Shane..... okay let me hold you hand and walk you through this........

Gore Galore- Pet Zombies with Death Certificates These are static zombies that have rods in them to bend into shape. You can also get them attached to a BUNRAKBOO frame, which is then attached to a human and is able to walk around. Other than that you cant really take them with you cause they weigh a bit, and aren't flexible enough to sit in a chair nor a car.
                            Dream Scape- Dead Buddies with Death Certificates These static zombies have jointed elbows, waist, and knees. They are light weight, and you can take them anywhere.http://www.youtube.com/user/dreamsca.../3/aUheQPNF-v4

Gore Galore- Head On a Plaque Gore Galore didn't start doing those until 2010, look at the catalogs....
                            Dream Scape- Heads on a Plaque Check out this video that was posted in 2008..... look above the doors and you will see the plaques they have been doing since then... http://www.youtube.com/user/dreamsca.../4/E7mKI63HY2M This should also clear up other rumors about how we stole this and that from GG.

Gore Galore- Oversized Costumes You all know, so why say anything
                            Dream Scape- Oversized costumes ours is completely different from the sculpts, paint job, to the armature inside, to the way the head moves (animatronic with a joystick!!), to the way the outfit is sewn together.

And remember, since Jake is not with GG anymore, the painting/sculpting style will be different this season for them. So what you have seen in GG catalogs for the past few years will not look like that because Jake is no longer the painter.

And then you got the Goat Head.... You know Jake originally sculpted that whole thing right?? The top, the jaw, the horns.... I got photos to prove it all. The only thing he didn't do on that creature was the rig the item sits on. Thats all I have to say about that..... funny you would mention that though..... but thanks for taking an interest in Jake's Goat Head!!

Remember, no matter how many jobs an artist will encounter, they will always have one thing that sticks with them forever... their style!!
                            Last edited by Ashley Whetsel; 03-31-2011, 10:13 AM.
                            Chris Riehl
                            Sales@spookyfinder.com
                            (586)209-6935
                            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originality

Hasbro=Cabbage Patch Kids with birth certificate… then GG with pet Zombies with death certificates Now that’s originality in its finest!
                              Fright props= Human heads and animal heads on plaques….then GG with heads on plaques Wow look at that another great original idea!
                              Exmortis=Stalk Around Costumes….then GG with giant costumes Would you look at that wonder how many others do that too!
                              The Darkness Haunt= actor operated pop out creature (as well as other haunts)…. Then GG with actor operated pop out with goat head hmmmm where else have I seen that!
                              Where is the originality Shane where are the ethics, the only person you can rip off in this industry is the customers and that’s all the should concern everyone because none of the these ideas belong to any one individual as they came about from many ideas be it from others failures or spin offs! Talk amongst yourselves I am Feclemped!
                              This is freaking ridiculous, not one item that you present can’t be found made by another vendor besides just GG. Your like a bunch of women who have nothing to do but gossip and cause drama! Did you hear about Dream Scape Studios and what they did, Oh my gosh they made a cheese burger, call McDdonalds and Burger King! WTF you think maybe that’s why we don’t have just one auto maker? Free enterprise equals competition for better products and price competition! Now let me back to making our own version of an actor operated pop out creature!

Comment

Ohhhh my gosh!

Did you see that in the video Dream Scape is also doing flat back bodies too! Shut your mouth, somebody call GG and tell them they stole another idea!

Comment

Working...
                                X