Dream Scape Studios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again

Your compairison is way off! They have a skeleton horse and Scarefactory has more of a haunted real horse. So again the point I made is the better point. No one said that products want cross but they are not alike! YOURS LOOKS JUST LIKE GORE GALORES! Your trying to play dumb and make me look stuipd when you know the point I am making. Look good luck and I am going to let this go. That way your want have a reason to make more ghost names. Yeah I can see that I bet you did not realize that did ya? LOL anyway like I say good luck and when you make something thats your own and not a complete knock off. I, and others will support it. Shane and it's lay off the ghost names. Shane

One other thing your hits have went up because people know how protective I am of others and this Industry. I am sure your not gaining a fan base. Your numbers are going up because people are watching this and agreeing. Many don't post because they don't want to get drug into a mess. I however have made my name for this very reason. I LOVE THE INDUSTRY AND IT'S PEOPLE. There is still time for you to make a difference and as I said time will tell.
    Last edited by graystone; 03-21-2011, 09:04 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

I can't believe you guys are feeding the troll.

When you feed trolls they don't go away.

Comment

How enlightening!

It's best that you bow out as you haven't made your point at all, the only point you have made is that you think your the "man" in this industry. We are humans and can decide for ourselves, so opinionated as you may be and as knowledgeable as you wish others to think you are, ghost names, copies and knockoffs please. Get back on your fancy bus and take a trip so we can all get some peace,

Comment

This is the haunted house industry, and we love trolls of all sorts! Feed'em!
          sigpic
          Louis Brown
          Owner, operator, and dish washer
          at
          DarkWood Manor

Comment

One last point.

That fancy bus was bought and paid for by honest hard working work ethics something you dont have. Don't be jealous I am the " man " of honesty and doing people right! That my friend will buy you a " big fancy bus" too! I have made my point and all you have done is came up with excuse after excuse. Even your own employees from the show has made mention you did not pay them. All I have tried to do is say you have a chance to make a difference with your company now all you have done is made me realize maybe it was not as much the twins but your own greed. I am now done if your at MHC we can talk there or at TW if your there next year. Remember don't be jealous of what others have because you too can have nice things when you treat your customers and your brothers and sister vendors the same as you would want to be treated. Shane and it's for the record I have 6 of those fancy buses! Shane
            sigpic

Comment

La-di-da Shane, aren't you special with your fancy buses. I piss beer and shit chocolate. Beat that Mr. Dabbs.
              Spooky Wishes
              Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Noah

Sit down before I run over ya! LOL and troll food is on sale this weekend at Wal-Mart! Shane and it's I need a blood pressure pill! Shane
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fear At Its Best View Post
                  Just off the top of my head unit 70 has an animatronic horse as well as scare factory, you said name one thing!1) Point is your only making points that are helping create drama and talk/buzz and our hits and inquiries have gone up again. So again thanks for supporting us! 2)Your take is far from the truth, we did our research and supplied a product that is better at an even better price. Our research was conducted from those that have or had "these costumes" and with this information we designed our own version of what customers want. They look similar because the same sculptor sculpted ours and gore galore., this is his style or his signature and trust that there will be many more to come. 3) You say have him change his style or technique, are you serious what an idea that is wow! Maybe now that the talent behind gore galore is gone you will see their "style/technique" change when they bring on a new sculptor. Till then get used to it as our improved designs are what's underneath the costume along with the "original artists" work on the outside. Truth be told here the problem is there is a better costume for a better price thus forcing the competition to either lower their prices and address the issues with why they can't be worn by but a Few people for a given amount of time. This is just what the industry needs it forces better prices with netter products, get over it!
                  Ok so lets look at this from the top down. I even put numbers up so you can follow along at home.

1) First everyone knows Hits dont equal orders, its the quality of the stuff and the people...and right now your arent doing yourself any favors.

2) Not only did you take Kevins people you also called the clients who owned Kevins stuff and asked them questions....how did you get that information to know who to call...did they steal some info from Kevin so you could call them?

3) Sure they artists could sculpt anything....im sure but you chose to have your guys make the same damn thing that GG sells....by the same guys...then they chose to wear GG jackets outside..as if they were adding salt to the wound or just being really childish, either way it doesnt look good. Sure you say that yours are cheaper...but are they as well made...will they hold up...do you have the customer service behind the product that Kevin does. Sure someone might be tempted to buy one of your new costumes...but I would much rather spend alittle more get better service and a better quality of product then take a chance on an rip off Kmart brand

Comment

Troll food is tasty. Makes me grow big and strong like ox.
                    Spooky Wishes
                    Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Jealous?

No where in our comment did we convey we were jealous especially not of your bus(s). The point was its easy for you to bash and pass judgement on others as many of your post seem to reflect and at end of the day get on your bus and drive or ride away. Sure you can talk to us at MHC and Transworld as we will prevail and you will see just how much better we are with or without your support! Trust in the fact that we are ok with who we are and for what we have achieved and will always look forward knowing there will always be someone like you that thinks they know it all!

Comment

Thoughts

It's called a survey among our current customers who happen to purchase items from gore galore as well. In a nut shell Jake and Ben were fired and came to dream scape looking for a job, knowing their skills and past we discussed what they could add to the company and of many things costumes were one item that they showed was an untapped market as far as doing it the way they had envisioned them being done. With this information we put together a tougher, lighter and more comfortable costume with options of animatronic head movement and are able to sell it at a lower price. How is that greedy in any way, hmmm selling a better product for less??? Don't see the greed there guys and gals!

Comment

There is so much copying going on and its NOT just vendors copying other vendors but we have vendors copying haunts, and haunts coping other haunts, and the list goes on and on and on and on...

Gore Galore is selling a puppet a push out puppet... okay let me go back in a time machine here. We had a push out puppet with sound and everything back in 1989 and it was one of our best scares. We loved it so much we made another one for the first year of Darkness and called it SLIMER!

Okay I've never seen any vendor sell a push out puppet in the industry, then I saw Netherworld bought one from Scareparts, it was even featured in the movie Zombieland.

We also have one from Scareparts, and it was upgraded a TON by us... now it will last forever!!!

Either way NOW Gore Galore is selling a push out puppet... who are they ripping off here or are they? They look different but they are still the same basic idea. Is that copying? Is that original? I can tell you someone will come back and say exactly what I said 'oh back in the day we did that...'. Well I do know this you are NOT the first to bring it to market at least this market... that was Scareparts.

I'm just making an example. Who was the first to sell rotted zombies, I know it wasn't Gore Galore, and guess what else it wasn't Gore Galore who sold the first walk around costume because I remember Silo-X had them and I'll be honest probably the most advanced ones I've ever seen... someone stole mine. I know Netherworld still has them to this day...and this goes back as far as 1990's. How many movies have we seen from the 70's or a Parade with some large over sized costume worn on someones head. Is this original? Is an animation original when Haunted Mansion was filled with them long before any of us where born??? Who did we copy or find inspiration from? Who made the first car, how was anyone else allowed to make a car did they copying the idea or was Ford just the first to market? Who knows who cares.

Gore Galore sort of made a name for themselves selling these walk around monsters, so did Exmortis in fact it was Exmortis who REALLY made them popular FIRST! Look I'm NOT picking on Gore Galore they are a great company, I'm just saying...

are they copying, is creating a walk around costumes totally original, is making a zombie totally original? WHAT IS ORIGINAL is Gore Galores idea's of what they look like, the simple invovations he makes to make them function or look better. Those are his original idea's... and they belong to him however the concept of a walk around monster is NOT! And I'm sure he'd be the first to tell you this... with that being said did they copying the entire look or just the concept of a walk around costume. There is a difference here.

How about one company maknig a black hole and look at all the other companies since who sells them... I first saw this on the 6 Million Dollar man back in the 70's and at Universal Studios and then at Riply Believe it or Not then bang at the Halloween show... then 10 other sold them.

C'mon now...

I am NOT picking on ANYONE... I'm just stating FACTS here... that it seems in this industry there is a lot of people doing a lot of either copying or inspiring, or two people had the same idea or whatever.

Scarefactory was NOT the first animation company... who sold the first air cannon, who sold the most popular air cannon, who sold the first all air driven animation, blah, blah.

DO you know how many knock off electric chairs there where after Distortions??? Is an Electic Chair all that orignal ???

How far do you want to trace a lot of this stuff back here??? We can do it for most things for most companies... or I can tell you a haunt that made this effect then a vendor knocked it off and tried to sell it.

If I start letting loose on some vendors there would be a lot of pissed off people... I don't think MOST vendors try to copy, and sometimes it looks like they do but they arent' really, just same idea's but they've mostly all already been done.

As for this new company ... I didn't really see their booth, or their product line, let me chime in on what I think. Provide a link to their website and let me look at their product line. I will offer my opinion if they went out of their way to copy.

Lastly, I just wanted everyone to know its not really fair to jump on one company or one haunt until we really look at the bigger picture.

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President
                          www.HalloweenProductions.com
                          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

The costume Larry refers to is the Reaper - When I worked for Silo X I had about 10 or so commisioned maybe 17-18 years ago and it was made by a Special Effects artist named Bruce Larsen. It still Rocks! ( Cannot find a photo now will post later...)

The Biting Head is the Mega Mouth, was made by Keith Korner and Sam Horner. We have totally rebuilt and rethemed ours several times. The major credit belongs to EREBUS however who created the biting puppet mouth first as far as I know.

We also have another giant biting head called PUG created by Haunted Hootchie Artist David Basham.

We also have other things like a giant hand we made in house ( Seen with RED HEAD by Basham from the Hoochie)

I think Gore Galore did a great job on the Goat head ( designed for House of Shock) and now the giant biting puppet will become mainsteam. We would have gotten one but no space ( We are Hoarders!)

Thanks!

456.jpg2010 Pug.jpg2010 Red Head.jpg
                            Ben Armstrong
                            NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                            www.Fearworld.com
                            www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

I have written and deleted three messages, but I know my position will fall on a deaf ear with this crowd. That said, I feel compelled to say something.

This industry, in a lot of ways, makes me sick. The extent to which we will circle the wagons to defend sleazy business practices and underhanded individuals is beyond comprehension.

Anyone who saw those two products knows it's a blatant rip off... end of story.

Why do we all take these silly positions.. is it because we all feel we're in glass houses due to using scene ideas we see in someone else's haunt, etc? That's going to happen.. just make sure you put your own twist on it and improve it. Same with products.

If your products look so much like an established vendor's products that it's obvious you either stole the molds or put a lot of effort into making an exact duplication.. you're a sleazebag douche...

That said, this dead horse is now fully beaten. Let's move on.
                              Brett Hays, Director
                              Fear Fair
                              www.fearfair.com

Comment

My hit counts were just that...just hit counts

Now that the dead horse is beaten and we are moving on. Yes hit counts are going up for the accused. I myself have tried to see first hand how close the accused material looks to former employer of the artist. Yes I understand artist moved on, fired, left what ever. We will never agree on what is right as far as where artist should leave old look ...with former employer or free to take it with them. I look every year at Gore Galore...like them but to heavy for my use. Call me old fashioned but I would not buy the new lighter better built supposedly costume if it looked same as what Gore Galore paid artist to make. Give me a new monster look with the newer lighter frame and maybe my multiple hit counts on the website will actually turn into a sale.

Comment

Working...
                                X