A haunted house maze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A haunted house maze

What is the best way to get the maze in your head on paper. I have a good idea of the haunt but suck at coming up with room space etc. I want to have between 15-20 rooms.

A pen/pencil and some graph paper! -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I use a pencil and graph paper. Think about a room in your place and then measure it. i used one square on the graph paper as one foot. this was for the maze layout. use a full sheet of graph paper for each room after you get the size of the rooms on the first maze layout. use the single sheet to plan placement of props and furniture. in each room to scale.
      In Darkness they hunt the living
      http://www.DarkMatterScreamWorks.com

Comment

if you have the ideas then you are half way there. Im doing a class that would really help you with this at MHC. Check it out on their site.
        First list out the ideas for rooms you have- then put the rooms in logical order. Try to save a good scary room for the end.
        decide ahead of time how much space you need for each room. then lay the ideal rooms out on a sheet of graph paper.
        then start laying out the haunt based on the building, mark the fire exits and fit in as many rooms as you can. Dont forget actor short cuts and unless you have another space dont forget to add in a make up room and costume area. Alot of folks forget these necessary rooms and then have issues. Another thing to keep in mind is the flow of patrons through the show and the flow of the actors inside. Make sure to give them short cuts from area to area.
        Dont be afraid to leave yourself a bit of storage space.
        Allen H

This site might help-

http://www.printfreegraphpaper.com/ lots of great styles of paper.
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I've found it to be true the same as everyone else.
          I'll actually take the time to make my own graph paper with pencil (then copy that so I can make multiple ones as I like to use a pen or marker to go over it and don't want to redraw the graph again) so the squares are to my liking and each one is a 4' wall panel. I frame out the layout of the building and go from there. Put in the fire exits, actor hallways, etc. and you are set. It's actually quite fun!
          Kirk Boemmel
          Dark Ghost Manor
          www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Maze

I’m actually thinking about putting a maze up this year in my haunt..... But the only thing is I’m nervous that it will cause a back up through the haunt because it’s a free flowing haunt. Any ideas?

Comment

Maze Throughput

A maze could slow down your throughput depending on how it's implimented, number of switchbacks, etc. Think of it like your overall haunt but without scenes and scares. Look at the path your patrons take through your attraction. Trim off the expanded parts of the rooms they walk through or scenes they pass. Add a few extra turns and you're on your way. Lower levels of light will slow down the crowds big time. If they can see where they're going, even if it's really dim, your throughput shouldn't suffer too much. Add some textures to your walls; foam, plastic bugs, lengths of garden hose, fur, etc., and you're set.
              UptownHaunts@aol.com

"Follow the Bloody Brick Road to Nightmare Village"

Comment

Working...
              X