Haunted House Polls on State Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted House Polls on State Pages

I just wanted to say that we are STILL revamping Hauntworld.com and yet to come within the next 30 days is a CITY FINDER, the site will be able to help peopel find haunts by city, which will appear on the tops of all state pages. It will be cool trust me. We will also very soon replace our blogs, with a new version. We have other features in the works as well...

However if you check out the STATE pages... you will find a POLL and now we are listing in those polls advertisers to take our guests opinions of who has the best haunt in the state. What I've noticed is some haunts already have like 25,000 votes... OMG!

LOL

Look I wanted to let you know its all for nothing... we are re-setting all of this once we upgrade the poll so you can only vote ONCE A DAY... if you want your customers to vote for you that is easy simply post a link to your facebook and ask them to vote for your haunt but voting over and over and over again will not work as the poll will be re-set once the new spam voting code is added.

Just letting you know... but anyone now it won't be up to some idol person to say who has the best haunt in YOUR STATE now its UP TO THOSE who attend haunts IN YOUR STATE!

DO you want to be named the best haunt in your state... I will let you know when the poll is re-set and then you can promote the poll on your website or your facebook or whatever or simply just let the people who come to our state pages vote for themselves.

So please stop spamming the vote it will change here really soon!

Then it will be legit vote for who has the best and scariest haunt IN YOUR STATE!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Poll sounds better

The polling system you are implementing sounds way better than what has been..."vote early..vote often" and jam ballot box. Now understand I am not bitchin; I know I will not be voted high. I do not generate mass numbers. I actually shut ticket line down at 10:30 on prime nights...I know pure lunacy! But I fill to capacity I want, put on a good show, and space people out, no congo lines and let a max of 6 people go together in a group. I'm doing double duty that time of year harvesting crops through the night AFTER closing down the haunt & maze each night. So our system is geared around quality experience for less people who loyaly come back as we change our props yearly by trading (Gargoyle Shock looking for a home for 2012..1 year trade) I do not generate the numbers to poll high in a most votes = best haunt. But I would LOVE to have instead what Zioptis (group that rates haunts in Michigan) says about us there if possible.

Wickedfarmer

Comment

Georgia is a sight to see right now...
      Ben Armstrong
      NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
      www.Fearworld.com
      www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Hey Larry,

For those that paid the extra money for a leaderboard, can you at least move the leaderboards back to the top of the page above the polls? I think the polls should be at the bottom below any and all the paid advertisers spots.

Allan

Comment

I'll just toss this out there to chew on. Doesn't really matter to me; but I think paid ads on polling page would slant poll. Same reason political signs are not allowed on property of polling places during elections.

Wickedfarmer

Comment

Only advertisers will be included in the polls because those are the haunts who support the system. Remember we are helping support ALL haunts because thousands have FREE listings... we will do EVERYTHING we can to support the haunts who support us. We spend basically every dollar we take in here on the website, improving the website, upgrades, server fees, SEO work, you name it... I think the advertisering we will provide this year is worth 5 times we we are charging. Heck I know what our local radio stations want for some banner like $2500.00 on Clear Channel and guess what ... the one year I bought it they sent us 350 click throughs. You can imagine I no longer buy radio station banners ... they are worthless.

Anyway... I saw the poll in Georgia and I think that is very interesting! LOL

Like I said within the next month we will reset states like Georgia then the poll will only allow you to vote once a day... so if you want to pump up people voting for you you'll need to send out tweets or facebook hits asking people to vote. Otherwise just let our guests vote... because our guests have told us they want to share their experiences.

So we are going to let them!

Everything we do is a learning experience and if it doesn't work out oh well... we'll do something different next year.

Again as for GA that will be changed TRUST ME!

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Could we get the articles OFF the bottom of paid listings? The way I see it, that's OUR space...NOT another haunts! I don't mind it on the home page of each state, but on the individual HAUNTS page...that's bad business! -Tyler
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Thank you Patti! -Tyler
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

polls

Hey if someone is voted scariest in their state are they going to be featured in HW mag? That would really be cool!!

Comment

Working...
                  X