How to Paint 3d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Paint 3d

I'm planning on making my haunt 3d this year where patrons will wear 3d glasses and walk through. I've been having trouble finding instructions online however of how to paint in 3d. Does anyone know of a good tutorial website or know a little about 3d painting? Thanks!

-N

There is painfully little out there as far as 3D info. three years ago I had to teach myself to do it- I had John Burtons book but that was it. Terra's tutorial is actually a pretty good one. Its in a few parts but you can find the rest from this link.
    Allen H
    http://www.hauntersdigest.com/2010/0...ing-the-walls/
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

After finally going through a 3-D attraction this past season (Shady Brook's Alien Invasion, Yardley, Pa.), I'm considering 3-D for part of my haunt. From what I could tell during my walk through with the chromadepth glasses, it appears as if the paint is on sheets of glass standing vertical about an inch or two from each other. Hotter colors up close (red, orange, yellow), cooler colors (blue, green, purple) toward the back. If you can establish the progression of paint colors (cooler to hotter shades), you should be able to pull it off without too much trouble. Experiment on a smaller scale. Play around with colors and textures to see how they work together. The colors seem to literally float off of the walls, props, makeup, etc. Phenominal.
      UptownHaunts@aol.com

"Follow the Bloody Brick Road to Nightmare Village"

Comment

DIY Fright House- Secrets Revealed

I would check out the DIY program where they rebuilt Casandra's Lair in 3D. Dan Faupel did an awesome job:
        http://www.diynetwork.com/halloween-...how/index.html

It is also on Hulu.

You WILL need the Chromadept glasses. Best to actually paint it with the glasses in black light especially if you are new to the process.

Rich
        R&J Productions
        Las Vegas, NV
        www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Im going to amend that Rich,
          Have a pair of glasses with you while you work and put them on to check often. Wearing them while painting sucks! After a week or so of painting I could completely see the 3D with out glasses. One night I was actually driving home and the orange road cones were leaping off the road at me. Luckily hat went away after a few weeks.
          Allen H
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

3D panels

Nate,

I have about a dozen 3D panels painted by Stewart Smith I'll be getting rid of soon. Majority of the panels are 8' x 16' in size.
            I also have a large amount of the Chromadepth 3D glasses.
            Scenes include:
            Forest, spiders, swamp, graveyard, dungeon, monsters.

You can see just a few of the panels on www.bricktownamusement.com and
            http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/g...tnight_photos/

Get with me if interested.

Thanks,
            Tom
            Tom
            Creator of the Dungeon
            WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

3D attraction services

Nate,

I have done many cutting-edge 3D attractions over the last few years...intense haunted house walk-throughs, family-friendly funhouses and interactive attractions. Please view the TV show in the link Rich posted to see an example of my work from last year at Thrillvania. Thanks Rich!

I have also traveled out to several attractions to do Chromodepth 3D consulting and/or concept design work for them (just got back from doing this in Poland)...having me come out to show you how to do it yourself is very affordable, and will help you avoid many mistakes that could cost you serious time and money. Send me an email offlist to Dan@ThemedAttractionDesign.com if you are interested in learning more about how I can help you create a successful 3D attraction with consulting, design or project management services.

Hope to talk to you soon!

Tom,

How are you man! I am working with a client right now who could take those glasses off of your hands pretty quickly. Can you send me some info on the quantity, style and price you are wanting for them? Hope all is well!

Thanks!
              Dan Faupel
              www.ThemedAttractionDesign.com
              www.HauntCostumes.com

Comment

Our company has built more 3D haunted houses and attraction than anyone... we can simply paint you panels or build the entire attraction from scratch. More or less we are the company that made 3D popular building them for multiple theme parks all over the WORLD. We just built a 3D haunted house in Thailand and right now we are creating a 3D Saw haunted house for ourselves and other clients.

Check out our NEW website which we've been updating at www.halloweenproductions.com
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Hey Dan,
                  I'm doing okay under the circumstances.
                  I prefer to sell the glasses with the 3D panels as a package. Will be listing on ebay pretty soon.
                  If your client wants the whole thing, please let me know.

Thanks,
                  Tom

Originally posted by Dan Faupel View Post
                  Tom,

How are you man! I am working with a client right now who could take those glasses off of your hands pretty quickly. Can you send me some info on the quantity, style and price you are wanting for them? Hope all is well!

Thanks!
                  Tom
                  Creator of the Dungeon
                  WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

3D panels for sale?

If anyone has any blacklight 3D painted 4x8 panel murals for sale, I'd love to know how much you want for them. I'm not much of an artist myself unfortunately. Plus, any idea of how much shipping would cost? Our Haunted Nightmare Haunted House is just north of Seattle (http://www.hauntednightmare.com). Feel free to e-mail me offline if you'd like at jody@hauntednight.com. Thanks!
                    Jody Bossert
                    Bothell, WA
                    http://www.hauntednight.com

Comment

Working...
                    X