HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Facebook Help...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Facebook Help... 
    Hi all! Can anyone direct me to a good online article explaining the page options on Facebook and the use of the "Like" button? I've had several people contact me asking for my help with this and I have yet to find a good source that I can share and one that helps me to completely get my head wrapped aroung it.

I have a "Group" page "Fans of Raycliff Manor"
    I have a Raycliff Manor Profile
    I've also set up a business page for my newest (non haunt related) book

I know the "fan" option was replaced with "like". Again, if anyone can direct me to good article/s explaining the page differences and the benefits of each, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've searched the Internet and I'm finding a lot of outdated information. Please feel free to either share in a reply or email me at info(at)racyfliffmanor(dot)com. I'm sure there are others here who would be interested so posting is probably the best. Thanks so much!

Kel

Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

2. Default  
    Did you try here??

http://www.facebook.com/help/

3. Default  
    Yep, that's the first thing I tried and didn't find it very helpful.

Kel

Kelly Allen
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.HauntBook.com

4. Default  
    Hey Kel,

Maybe I can help you out. What exactly are you wanting clarification on? Why some would want a Page vs a Group?
    News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
    Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

5. Default  
    Kel Buddy

As i figured this out....If you have a character DO NOT! make them a fan page...make them a profile page...that way you can interact with the people alot more and its 20x simpler.
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

6. Default  
    Thanks guys! I'm really trying to better understand, and share, the various options and their individual benefits.

I know with a group, an advantage is that you can send a message to all members of the group. I also understand the groups do not have a "Like" button; however, you can invite people to join the group or they can visit the page and click the "join" button. Others, once they are a member, can also invite their friends to join your group.

I also understand the business pages have the "Like" button and you can encourage people to "like" the page. There is also the added benefit of being able to purchase ads to promote the business page.

I also understand that a profile allows you to invite people to be your friend, or they can visit your profile and click the "Add as Friend" button to become your friend.

What I'm trying to better understand is which have limits: I've heard of a 5,000 limit, but I'm not sure if this is for a group or profile or something else???

I'm also trying to better understand if there are other page types, or if the "Like" button be added to page types other than business pages... and ... I'm interested in learning what the pros and cons are for each type and what people's experiences have been in any or all of the above.

I know there are those who are utilizing the apps in Facebook to promote through their websites. Is this done through a particular page type? Any and all insights and feedback are appreciated!

Kel

P.S. Charles, I'm definitely going to be connecting with you to discuss your Haunt Apps services!
    Last edited by Raycliff Manor; 03-20-2011 at 11:23 AM.

Kelly Allen
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.HauntBook.com

7. Default  
    Hi again all! I just finally found a VERY Helpful article on Facebook. Here you go...

http://www.squidoo.com/facebookpage

Kel

Kelly Allen
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.HauntBook.com

8. Default One more thing... 
    Another point of interest...

It appears to me that you can link a page to Twitter so that your Facebook updates auto-populate Tweets. However, you cannot link a profile to Twitter, unless I'm mistaken and, if so, please correct me and provide the steps to do so. Thanks again and I hope this shared research is helping others.

Kel

Kelly Allen
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.HauntBook.com

9. Default  
    Great link Kelly!
    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

10. Default  
    I run several pages for various projects of mine and for my clients. With "Pages", you don't have a limit on the number of people that can follow up. With a "Profile", you can only have 5,000 friends. They assume if you have more than that, then your a celeb and need to be a "Page". Also, with a "Page" you can send a mass email to all your Fans if you have an update for them. Also, with a "Page", the wall updates also provide you with some impression information, so you'll know how many people are really seeing your updates. Plus, they also provide more statistical info so you know what your fan retention is and how active people are with your content. You wont get that with a "Profile" and I don't think you get that with a group. Plus, another benifits of having your site as a "Page" is that you can add FBML markup to it. You can add some seriously cool stuff to your page for visitors. Just something for you to consider.
    News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
    Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Thread Information