Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midwest Haunters Convention Features Haunt Education

Midwest Haunters Convention Features Haunt Education

March 23, 2007 Columbus, Ohio The Midwest Haunters Convention (MHC) is a weekend event planned for Haunted Attraction Producers, Actors, and Home Haunters on July 13-15, 2007 in Columbus Ohio. The Midwest Haunters Convention goal is to provide haunted attraction industry professionals and enthusiasts with educational seminars and workshops as well as a place to socialize with others in the industry during our fun social activities. New for this year, the Midwest Fantasy Show will be held in conjunction with the MHC.

The Midwest Haunters Convention, and Midwest Fantasy Show will offer over 45 classes of Weekend Seminars and pre-convention Extended Workshops from some of the top people in haunted attraction, artist and family entertainment industries. Weekend Seminars have been updated on our website and include several more classes with great instructors. The Midwest Haunters Convention offers seminars in Makeup, Acting, Business, Haunt Design and Props.

Classes range from Quick and Effective Makeup Applications to Team Scaring and Giving Great Customer Service. Want to learn how to detail props and sets? Use the latest in marketing techniques? Create effective scary scenes? Want to learn how to apply makeup from beginner to master levels? The Midwest Haunters Convention is the place to be in July; 100 days prior to Halloween, for industry professionals to prepare for the upcoming haunted attraction season.

For those desiring intensive training: pre-and Post Convention Workshops are available with separate registration and cost. Workshops will include Best Haunt Practices: A Producers Workshop, Sponsorships, Friday 13th Face Painting Workshop, Airbrush Makeup, Family Entertaining and Henna. Please check our website for workshops, show fliers and more.

The Midwest Haunters Convention and Midwest Fantasy Show feature nationally recognized industry speakers. The shows will bring top talent in from around the country to Columbus, Ohio for a sharing of artistic and entertainment interests and for unique educational, social activities with great shopping opportunities.

Midwest Haunters Convention and the Midwest Fantasy Show will be held concurrently July 13-15, 2007 at the Holiday Inn (soon to be remodeled Doubletree); conveniently located off North I-270. The MHC/MFS room special is $99 per night. The Midwest Haunters Convention is sponsored by Scareparts. The Midwest Fantasy Show is sponsored by the U.S. Body Painting Festival. The weekend Vendor Trade Show is FREE! The public is welcome.

For more information please visit www.MidwestHauntersConvention.com contact Barry Schieferstein at Barry@MidwestHaunters.com 614-361-1466; or www.MidwestFantasyShow.com contact Neena Collins at Neena@MidwestFantasyShow.com 614-433-9343. The Midwest Haunters Convention is a member of the International Association of Haunted Attractions.
    Neena Collins | MidOhio Productions

Midwest Haunters Convention
    June 3-5, 2011 Columbus, Ohio
    www.MidwestHauntersConvention.com

You go Girl!!!

Wish i could make it out for sure now but my summer booked solid !!

You could stop in and chat with us a little more often though Neena!
    You do have fans here,me for sure!

Comment

MHC

Hello Mon Cherie! It was a pleasure seeing you briefly at TW! You really won't want to miss the Masquerqade party 100 days out from Halloween! You'd fit right in (not that you're a freak or anything; guffaw!) lol. Neena
      Neena Collins | MidOhio Productions

Midwest Haunters Convention
      June 3-5, 2011 Columbus, Ohio
      www.MidwestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

This is such a fun and well run event. I'm proud to be part of the programming here again this year.
        Gravely MacCabre
        aka Ricky Dick
        Castle Blood Haunted Adventure Tour
        and
        Midnight Monster Hop
        Horror Host Show

Beallsville, PA 15313
        www.castleblood.com
        www.midnightmonsterhop.com
        www.myspace.com/midnightmonsterhop.com

Media Director for National Halloween Convention

http://www.halloweenshow.com
        Lifetime achievement award winner
        International Costumers Guild

Comment

I have been to MHC every year since it started (with Screamline Studios in 2004 and with my own company Shutter Productions in 2005 and 2006) and have to say this a convention no one should miss! There are lots of seminars covering makeup, acting, and business tips for haunted attraction owners! The events are a lot of fun too like the monster makeup wars and the costume ball. Where else can you see over 200 people dressed like they are at a halloween costume party in july? So, if you are looking to have great time in the middle of summer, or just want to pick up some more items for your haunt and brush up on your skills, I guarantee you will be glad you attended this convention.
          Also, I wanted to mention that I will be doing a 2 hour seminar on how to do quick and efficient makeup jobs that your makeup crew will benefit from. This seminar will prepare them for the busy nights of the season where they are faced with cranking out anywhere betwwen 40-60 makeups a night. I have worked as the acting and makeup coordinator for the Nightmare in Painesville, OH and will have this roll again at Morgan Manor, WI this year. I have teamed up whith the coordinators of this convention to offer to the first ten people who register for this class a free copy of my recently released 3 hour DVD HAUNTING MAKEUP VOLUME ONE! Check with Kelly Colins or Barry Scheiferstein for further questions. I hope to see you at the convention!

Geoff Beck
          Geoff Beck is an acting and makeup veteran of 13+ years who has been involved in educational seminars and has worked as a coordinator for many different haunts. He has directed PLAYING WITH FEAR, and HAUNTING MAKEUP VOLUME ONE.

Comment

Just to clarify Jeff's offer, since we no longer have anyone register for specific classes on the weekend, we are still determining how to do the DVD giveaway. Details coming soon!

Comment

Working...
            X