Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abandoned haunt in FL

Hey guys,
    I was browsing youtube on haunted houses and come across this video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBwvc5T8qn8
    ~Bill Mlinac
    The Deadland Haunted House
    www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
    www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Hehe I saw this while looking at the related videos of the Six Flags Park!

It's too bad they weren't able to get inside... It'd be WAY cooler!
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Haunted Mansion-invasion

Funny story....IAAPA maybe 5-6 years ago. We go find this place. A couple others show up. We check the west side doors and it was open!!
      It was dark so what the heck we go in!! We only had one small flashlight. Everything was gone down to the walls, some still decorated. There was a winding ramp up to the second floor. The elevator was there and still working, a couple of the guys went down in it. We're trying to walk back with the one small flashlight in the pitch black and someone thinks they hear something so Jim with the flashlight takes off running !! I'm left in the pitch black trying to find my way out!!
      I had a cell phone, but it didn't have much of a lighted face so I walking in the black. All of a sudden I just stopped!! Took out the phone, tried to see, inched my foot forward and found a drop off!! They had a vortex tunnel and it was installed so you just walked straight into it. So I just stopped...right before a 4 foot drop into a 20 foot long pit!! I was one step from probably falling and breaking something!! I called out on the phone and said "dam it come back and get me!!"

It was really funny to everyone but me...the guy left in the dark!!! Sorry I didn't have a camera...if I did I might have got a couple cool pictures and been able to "flash" my way out!! One of the people who had actually gone through the mansion said our "tour" was probably a lot scarier!!
      R&J Productions
      Las Vegas, NV
      www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

EVERYONE needs to learn HOW to add a youtube video because its so easy it is stupid. Just click on that film clip and post the entire URL of the video adn boom you are done. Larry

Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Couple things... I could tell you all about this attraction because we helped open it. It was a complete disaster and the guy who built the thing made so many mistakes I can't even count. I warned him, preached to him, everything between to get him to listen to me... but he didn't and look at where he is now. When I offer advice on how to get something done right he should have listened... I know what I'm doing in any town, any city, tourist area doesn't matter. This guy took all of his advice from some company called Jets Productions and they screwed up EVERYTHING.

I can tell you funny stories about this place... I share one quick one! So I'm talking the owner (Tom) and he's letting me have it over the phone telling me how this place has to open, its going to be all my fault, blah, blah, we better jump on the next plane down or else... so I round up my ENTIRE Crew like 8 people, we buy plane tickets at the last second. We fly down we go into the building and its all dirt floors, you can't see anything because there are no lights, Jets had strung up some rope lights so you can walk. There are no walls, no lights, no concrete floor, no doors, no electric, NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm like WHAT THE F*CK IS GOING ON... now I'm FREAKING PISSED!

His guys take us over to his house and he says 'oh sorry guys I didn't know I thought it was going to be further along and I realize you can't work... and I'm like DUDE HOW IN THE HELL can you demand we catch the next flight and you don't even have a F*CKING FLOOR on the place... what hte hell! We could have stayed in St. Louis and continue to work on stuff for you rather than waste our time down here... you said COME DOWN LIKE YESTERDAY.

So he apologizes gives us free tickets to MGM Studios, and invites us to hang out for a BBQ and ride jet skies. The entire crew from Jets was doing NOTHING but riding Jet skies... I was pissed. I didn't stay I went back home to St. Louis.

I coulldn't believe what I saw... it took months upon months for this place to ever open. There was a retail store and game room in the middle of the haunt and that was way weird.

Here I'll tell you ONE MORE STORY... so I get a call from the guy and he says HEY I want you to go over to this guys house in St. Louis and buy this REAL SHRUNKEN HEAD ... he says go pay the guy and I'll pay you back. I'm like are you serious... he says yeah.

So to make a long story short we send one of our guys over to pick up this thing and he paid the guy. Later that day I see this thing and its a shrunked head from Morris... Tom had us pay the guy like thousands of dollars for it. When I saw it I was like dude you just got scammed... I called the dude that sold it and told him I know you paid $50.00 for this and if you don't give me that money back I'm coming over there with my guys and we'll beat it out of you...

And Tom calls me says 'oh my mistake don't worry about it I'll keep it anyway... I'm like TOM this guy just ripped you off trust me we know where he lives and we're going to get that money back one way or the other, and he's like 'oh I feel so bad about it just let the guy have the money'. So we did... I was still pissed that he got suckered, I wanted to beat that dudes head in but Tom said let it go...

This was how this thing happned... money just flying everywhere.

Okay one more... I have millions btw. So I get this guy who wants to open a haunt in Tampa area, he wants to drive to Orlando and see this thing in operation. So we go and in the retail store he's got a REAL rattle snake inside a walmart style aquarium sitting on a ledge not even as wide as the aquarium and this thing was PISSED! They also had a black widow spider in a jar with a lid on it with holes punched in the top... I was like R U KIDDING?

Someone is going to get killed in here... I never talked to them again and shortly thereafter they closed and Tom had the biggest auction that EVER happened and hardly NO ONE showed up. He put the whole thing in Crazy Bob's hands and Crazy Bob was like the sole promoter and well I just know the biggest auction that should have ever happened was a flop. YOu could walk out of there with a REAL stuffed liion this guy paid thousands and thousands for for like 800 bucks.

We bought a Pycho House through Rodney for pennies on the dollar or what Tom paid. He had the most awesome real stuff you've ever seen in his museum... and it all went one day without so much as a glimmer. ALL GONE!

I know he had bought this building but don't know if he still owns it or what.

I wished Tom would have listened to me from GO and I know that place would still be open today... or at least I feel it would.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Yeah Bill your stupid. Learn to add videos. Its not complicated like painting the bottom of a wall brown, lol.
            Jared Layman

Comment

And I was told..

The failure happened because of one of the hurricanes that went through that area. Hard for a hurricane to access your bank account though, at least directly.
              I can imagine that place opening with a dirt floor seeing all kinds of critteres boring up through the "floor" just to say, "Hi!"
              I have seen some local taverns that would have used a dirt floor for the sewage evaporator instead of hooking up sink and AC condensate drains= quite a mess! Yup! I saw it.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by mindtumor View Post
                yeah bill your stupid. Learn to add videos. Its not complicated like painting the bottom of a wall brown, lol.
                no one showed me before jared layman
                ~Bill Mlinac
                The Deadland Haunted House
                www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Motograter View Post
                  no one showed me before jared layman
                  That's no excuse. You just do it.
                  Jared Layman

Comment

I think I know how

To put videos on here, but I haven't because I seem to have misplaced my sledgehammer.
                    As soon as I find it...
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I remember this!
                      I went to Disney for spring break in 98 and stayed offsite just down the road at the Econo Lodge.
                      I took a day off from the parks and my friend and I drove up and down the strip there and visited Old Town (Grimm House was there) and stopped here. We looked in the gift shop. Nobody was there. I thought it was called the Haunted House, not the Haunted Mansion. But anyway, we thought it seemed cheesy and left. Everything seemed overpriced in the gift shop and we kept hearing from the exit "Braiiiins...braaaainsss..."
                      Weird since I haven't seen it for over 10 years!
                      Kirk Boemmel
                      Dark Ghost Manor
                      www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

probably take a million to fix that place up and re open it.

too bad, it's a large property and the facade still looks pretty useable. would love to see the inside anyway. hey, larry, do you still have the inside photos of DR. BLOOD'S in wildwood ? I never saw those. that was one of my favorite dark rides when I was a kid in the 60's. thanks!

Comment

His location was awful. It was weird since he was by a lot of things, but it was difficult to get to. We drove by more than once and never went. It was a bad enough event from the parking lot you couldn’t force yourself to spend the cash to go in. I kind of wish I would have gone through once….
                          http://www.innerfears.com/
                          http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

for sale

last time google maps updatedhttp://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...264.03,,2,-1.6

Comment

Back in the day...

I was actually on vacation at the time in Orlando back when they had just shut down and were in the process of moving everything up to Wisconsin, they called the new place Monster World and it was on a huge Camp Ground in 2 large Metal Buildings.

When I drove by the Mansion in OR, the Distortions Giant was sitting out front of the property, not operating and taking a beating from the weather. Tom was great and invited us in and gave us a tour of what was still in place, he had every toy you could think of in that place. He did say the City was really strict and they were not allowed to use any fog in that place, among other restrictions

Also spent 2 nights visiting Terror on Church Street - that place ROCKED!! Skull Kingdom was also operating at the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X