Other uses for a claustrophobia room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other uses for a claustrophobia room?

So we have used the claustrophobia halls for a few years now.....and it seems all we hear is people complaining about germs and stuff, which I can understand - we do clean them but it's impossible to do for each group. So my question is, what other uses are there for them?? Has anyone come up with any other way to use this effect?

I have seen the overhead use, and the smaller waist high one.

Is there anyway to use it more as a theming and decor unit.
    Say a birthing canal, A beating heart, a Blob creature.
    Airbrush it, and apply some 3d scenic elements to it so the customer doesn't have to actually touch it.
    I don't know but I am sure there are many ways to use it other than a claustrophobia effect.
    Kevin R. Alvey
    info at gore-galore.com
    www.gore-galore.com
    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Kevin, you Forgot..

The large prophilactic use to really make sure! Extra mamouth sized. Have a Frenchman standing, waiting at the end.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

At one of the roundtable seesions some told of how they kept the walls turned off until a group was in the hall, then... BLAM! got ya. I could see doing this with a a white hallway that haas strobes in it.
        My other thoght is to have creatures above the hallway reaching in for you. Oooo... how about using some frightprop moving floor tiles inder the walls to make you feel uneasy?
        Ed Roberts
        Founder
        The Nightmare Factory
        www.nightmarefactorysalem.com
        www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Comment

I told about that at the Brainstorming session. There are 2 Clastro Jrs pushing a wall of flesh at people. We do another effect where they push solid walls at people called the Trash compactor.

473.jpg474.jpg

It scares people...
          Ben Armstrong
          NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
          www.Fearworld.com
          www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Those pics are disturbing...in a brilliant way!

Comment

A haunt in my area used a claustrophobia hallway as a transition into their clown room. They had a large clown head over the entrance (Made by Little Spider/Haunted Enterprises) and airbrushed the fabric of the claustrophobia hallway to resemble the throat of the clown. I thought it was a great twist!
              Zach Wiechmann
              www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

A Good Thing.

It wasn't supposed to be decorated as the throat of the sword-swallower!
                "Ouch! OWWW!" Dammit!'
                Have to have a non-clotting floor drain under it.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

We have a claustrophobia that starts out the movie section of our haunt. We have a huge white movie screen and a white claustrophobia in the middle. They walk into the movie screen. The claustrophobia is about 20' long and we sewed the fabric so it switches from white w/ strobes to black halfway through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Brett Hays, Director
                  Fear Fair
                  www.fearfair.com

Comment

Ben,

I LOVE how those turned out! What did you use for the skin of it? Did you just apply liquid latex directly to the fabric? Did you have any problems with the walls inflating due to the added weight?

It looks awesome!!
                    Zach Wiechmann
                    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Originally posted by Speculo View Post
                      I told about that at the Brainstorming session. There are 2 Clastro Jrs pushing a wall of flesh at people. We do another effect where they push solid walls at people called the Trash compactor.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8801[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8802[/ATTACH]

It scares people...
                      This was TRULY the MOST disturbing thing at Netherworld when I went 2 seasons ago!! Your innovation never ceases to amaze me Ben!
                      O'Shawn McClendon
                      Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Question

What is best way to set up so it is a fast inflating wall. traded for one this year but never used one. Do you turn the fan on and off...or does fan stay on constant but have a large flapper door in wall that is shut to inflate; and opened to let air escape and deflate the fabric.
                        Wickedfarmer

Comment

I was looking more for ways of using it in a way that people didnt have to squeeze through it - I like the variations on the squeeze wall but thats not quite what im looking to do.

I want ways to use them not as "Squeeze walls" our whole problem is people complaining about how sick people go through and their faces and stuff rub against the fabric, then the next people come through and rub their faces on the same spots, etc. etc.

So we are just trying to find other ways to use the thing besides the squeeze effect.

Comment

Then your other option is to sell it, or cut it up and use it for curtains, Its meant to be used as as squeeze walls, thats what it was made for. If you alter it so its only waist high then that eliminates alot of your customers issues.
                            Allen H
                            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Ooo just had an image pop into my head. A waist high laser scanner covering the claustrophobia and other undesirables could be used for a toxic scene, where zombies or mutated creatures grip at your shins and try to keep you from moving forward. Then of course it could be to simulate thick muck as you wade through it toward some supernaturally glowing Ruins. while living vines dart and zoom overhead, collecting the weak or unsuspecting. I think I'll try drawing that.

Comment

Working...
                              X