Funny Story... Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Story... Memphis

So I'm driving to Memphis and I get off at some Random exit and this little town has like one gas station and what is exactly across the street ... a haunted house so we took pictures. Whats funny is someone else on the baseball team does the same thing and takes a picture and uploads to facebook. I've visited Graceland (AWESOME EXPERIENCE] then we went to the hotel where Martin Luther King was shot and that was very inspiring sight... to think you are in this place that has all this history and how right where you are standing changed this whole entire country. It's actually a very moving experience. Memphis is a really run down city on one hand and very rich and full of history on the other... you can feel history everywhere you go in this city! I suggest you take a visit. Depending on how all of our baseball games go I'm going to take a visit to Sun Studios, Civil Rights Museum, Beal Street I think its called, and maybe take in an NBA Game. We'll see...

Very cool city to visit.

Larry
    SAM_1677.jpgSAM_1676.jpgSAM_1675.jpg
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Might be scary!

Are those old tires on the roof? Holding down tarps?
    Scary leaky roof! Water effects!?
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Roflmao

Larry, thats hilarious! While heading south in December we happened to stop at that very exit that haunt was at. We also took pics of the haunt that seems to be in nowhere land.
      We are looking at our pics now trying to find our pic of that haunt.
      Does anyone know anything about it? Just curious...

Greg
      Fearfest
      Greg Allen
      scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
      www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

DSCN0734.jpg Heres the pic. I hope lol
        Greg
        Greg Allen
        www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

That's funny because on the way to the Haunt Show I stopped at that gas station too and took this picture. LOL! And Yes, it has tires on the roof.

Dwayne
          13th Gate

HauntedInn.JPG

Comment

I think we found a haunt that gets photographed more than The Darkness and its not even open! lol
            Anyone else photograph this stealth haunt?
            I dont even know what exit it was at. We just pulled in for gas and there it was.

Greg
            Fearfest
            Greg Allen
            www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Hahahah It's so weird that three different people happened to get off on the same exit and see that. Someone should tell them to open up the day before or the day after Transworld next year so everyone driving through Memphis can stop by!

Comment

Wow, you can tell that's an old haunted house by the imitation Ghost Busters logo they're using. So I'm guessing this was built between 1984-1989 when both movies were out or possibly very early 90's. It reminds me of a funhouse at a carnival.
                Spooky Wishes
                Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Considering the ghost has a fireman's hat on, I'm assuming that a firehouse ran it. Plus the lettering for Haunted Inn is in flames and there's a red latter on one trash can and red hose on another. Upon further observation it looks like the building might have been an auto repair shop/store before it was converted into a haunted house. This might explain the tires on top of the building. It would make sense since it's across from a gas station. So, you've got a mid to late 1980's charity haunt that was ran by a firehouse that used a building that was once an auto body repair/store.
                  Last edited by Jolly Pumpkin; 03-27-2011, 04:16 PM.
                  Spooky Wishes
                  Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Originally posted by devolino View Post
                    Hahahah It's so weird that three different people happened to get off on the same exit and see that. Someone should tell them to open up the day before or the day after Transworld next year so everyone driving through Memphis can stop by!
                    *like*

[MENTION=18008]devolino[/MENTION]
                    O'Shawn McClendon
                    Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Originally posted by Jolly Pumpkin View Post
                      Considering the ghost has a fireman's hat on, I'm assuming that a firehouse ran it. Plus the lettering for Haunted Inn is in flames and there's a red latter on one trash can and red hose on another. Upon further observation it looks like the building might have been an auto repair shop/store before it was converted into a haunted house. This might explain the tires on top of the building. It would make sense since it's across from a gas station. So, you've got a mid to late 1980's charity haunt that was ran by a firehouse that used a building that was once an auto body repair/store.
                      Not to mention that the imitation ghost busters logo is surrounded by the firefighters union shape (that badge that is on the personal vehicle belonging to every fire fighter) then it has the circle with the line through it.

I loved that break down, felt like adding to it. It'd be cool to wonder inside (just imagine if it's like that on the outside...the old scares and props on the inside!) It's like a haunted time capsule!

Comment

...But would firefighters actually place tires on the roof to hold tarp? Aren't tires extremely flammable?

Patti
                        Did you know...The HauntWorld Online Haunt Directory networks with ALL of these websites to bring you the BEST possible results for increasing your haunt business:
                        www.HauntWorld.com
                        www.HauntedHouseOnline.com
                        www.FindHauntedHouses.com
                        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com
                        It's the most comprehensive online ad campaign you can buy! I'd love to earn your advertising business. Email me today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net.

Comment

Well judging by how old that attraction seems to be, the laws were probably much more lenient. So they could have just grandfathered themselves in, I mean, who really is gonna inspect a fire fighter ran haunt?? Haha. Most firefighters, from experience, are less safe than most average people with general fire safety. My volunteer company was cooking breakfast (frying bacon) one morning, had to run out to a major call, forgot to turn the gas stove off, and the grease boiled over, caught fire, and when they came back they had to put out a fire in their own kitchen. (I know that wasn't relevant, but I figured it'd give the people reading this a good laugh after all the trouble we go through.)

Comment

Working...
                          X