Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alibaba anyone deal with people on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alibaba anyone deal with people on here?

Has anyone purchased from this website? Looking at purchasing camo netting, elwire, etc. Just don't want to make a big mistake.

Alibaba Scam

Well i just started to google Alibaba and Scam stuff popped up all over the first search results so i would have concern.
    This is who I use for my camo purchases http://vtarmynavy.com hope that helps.

Shawn
    http://bradentonhauntedtrail.com

Comment

Camo Netting

I also used them for my camo netting. Bulk rolls of fire retardant 255' for 599.99 with free shipping. Its high, but the cheapest I have found. The scary part about alibaba is that even though they may be "verified" as real companies, when you send your money to that foreign bank without really knowing there is no recourse if you do not get your product. Alibaba will not stand behind the companies and you are just out of your money. However, I have made a small purchase from a company in China off of this site and did get my shipment, but by the time I paid for shipping I could have just gotten it here.

Comment

Originally posted by spookhaven View Post
        Has anyone purchased from this website? Looking at purchasing camo netting, elwire, etc. Just don't want to make a big mistake.
        I personally use it as reference only to see what products are out there. a lot of the info on there isn't fully up to date, many of the vendors just put up ANY product to keep a presence so you always still need to contact the vendor directly and ask very specific questions. many of the Chinese vendors have limited English so mis-communication may occur.

There are a few risks you're taking when dealing with overseas suppliers:

say you're getting Camo netting, you have no way of guaranteeing that the material used is fire safe unless you actually buy some samples and test it out. don't always believe what they write on the website --- do your own testing. You're trading low-price for higher-risk, but that doesn't mean you can't get good quality products --- just watch out for yourself. Of course, if you're going through a US supplier, they probably already handled all the import, fire safety testing etc for you so you don't have to --- but that also makes it more expensive.

it's always a trade, do you have more money or do you have more time?
        sigpic
        The world's SMALLEST and BRIGHTEST LED spotlights! Built for haunters.

Comment

ask shane

he had pics of the stuff he was using and I thought he was going to tell where he got it but ?

Comment

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can actually order anything from or through alibaba.

Comment

Alibaba

shawnc, you're right....they just hook you up with the supplier and you order through the supplier. You have to contact the supplier and a lot of times the item shown is not the exact item that they have, you have to be real careful.

Comment

Alibaba

Heather,
                I have bought from many companies on Alibaba and never had a problem. you can use Aliexpress and they do Escrow, you pay a mutual party, once you get your goods they release your money. you can also use Paypal or T/T payments. I alway make a small order first or get a sample to check out the quality. like Ebay there always is a risk of not getting your goods.

Phil
                frightland.com

Comment

Death

Originally posted by deathstaste View Post
                  he had pics of the stuff he was using and I thought he was going to tell where he got it but ?
                  I did tell where I got it. I got mine from a local Army Surplus dealer. He told me he could get me all I needed and was going to pass the info along. However someone ( not haunt related) took all the supplier had. They say more will come in and I am on a list for a call as soon as it does I will post it. Shane and it's hang in there hopefully more will come through! Shane
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X