Bug exterminator fog gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug exterminator fog gun

Ok i have a plan to make a bug exterminator sprayer that shoots fog. would there be a way i could hook up a hose running from a fog machine to a nozzle of an air compressor piece like this http://www.airhoses1.com/images/pro-...ow-gun-kit.jpg so that when i hit the button fog shoots out?

I would STRONGLY suggest checking out this site

http://www.zerotoys.com/Merchant2/me...Code=VAPORTOYS

They are vapor guns, very cool, the "fog" looks different too, and is definitely worth looking into. Some of the guns are also black light reactive. I have the zero launcher and LOVE it! Make's a good death ray for line entertainment. =)

Comment

I'd go a much easier route. Grab your shooter the jug part. Grab a High hangtime fog juice, like froggy's. Shoot it through a fog machine into the jug, pressurize it and viola. Fog that shoots out of a bug sprayer.

Comment

thats a good Idea
        BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
        www.horrorfields.com

Comment

Problems will be:
          Shooting straight compressed air through the fog will just dissipate the fog.
          (Shoot some fog out then take the air nozzle and shoot air through the fog. see?)
          Putting the fog into the container then pressurizing it will allow the fog to condense. All you will end up with is old juice in the bottom of the container.

You will need to move the fog SLOWLY to keep it intact! Some haunts use a central fog machine then move the fog through tubes with a slower fan.
          Instead of an exterminator with a back pack, how about a larger, maybe even "steampunk" looking piece of machinery. Your new heavy duty equipment
          is a box with a fog machine and a small fan. The exterminator has a hose coming from the "machine" with a cool gun-like handle that he can now wave around with fog emitting from it.

Just one idea....any others?

Rich
          R&J Productions
          Las Vegas, NV
          www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

We had a very similar prop made this year... think venturi
            Brett Hays, Director
            Fear Fair
            www.fearfair.com

Comment

Brett, any easy to way to recreate the venturi??? Haven't played with it yet.
              R&J Productions
              Las Vegas, NV
              www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Originally posted by RJ Productions View Post
                Brett, any easy to way to recreate the venturi??? Haven't played with it yet.
                Basically you just need a reservoir to hold fog, basically just a wood box with your fogger shooting in one side and then a hole for it to come out on the other side, then you mount a venturi valve on the outgoing hole (or at the end of a piece of flexible dryer duct). Feed air to the venturi with a solenoid and bingo. Down side is venturi valves are awfully pricy..

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/AIR...G44?Pid=search

We have a device like this from Edge Designs in the ceiling of our Saw freezer scene and another in a decontamination device similar to what you're describing here that Brian from Evilusions made for us. Pretty cool effect.
                Brett Hays, Director
                Fear Fair
                www.fearfair.com

Comment

Working...
                X