Mirror maze question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror maze question...

I am thinking about putting a mirror maze together. Anyone have one for sale?

Question is has anyone tried to make one without using real mirrors? I was thinking about the reflective film but don't think it will work. The mirrors are 400.00 each here locally. I don't really want real mirrors in the haunt in case of damage. Any thoughts?

I have a friend who owns a replacement window repair shop in Muncy. I could contact them to see if they had a plexi mirror version for a better cost. I dunno if they can order that or not, but it sounds like a goood place to start if you can't find a prefab maze. What size mirror panels were you looking for and I could get an email out to his wife for ya.
    Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

4x8's. I am going to look into Oak Island's but I think they are like 10,000 and not sure of the size. I'll let you know.

Comment

Www.carnivalmirror.com

They donated to our relay for life attraction, they are flexible sheets that are very durable, easy to clean, if you bend it it will look like fun house mirrors, but if you screw it flat, than you'll be fine. I believe they givendiscounts for bulk orders and are fairly reasonably priced. From experience I really like the product, they can even work as 1 way mirrors for actors if done right, you can have an actor behind one with a bright light, if they flick it on they become visible it's really cool.

And I'm not saying nice things about them because they donated to the haunt I run, they really are worth it! The customer service guy is also really nice to deal with, give him a call and im sure he'll gladly just give you advice, they know their mirrors there!

Comment

mirror

You probably could use mirror tinting as well on MDF would not be able to see through it or light up behind it but would be a lot less costly.

Shawn

Comment

I am looking into this but thought it wouldn't give the best reflection. The carnival mirrors I have used in the past but they seem to mark very easy and this will be an issue with people running into them and touching them all the time.

Thanks for your thoughts. I did find shatter resistant so hopefully they will be reasonable enough.

Comment

True, but they are easy to clean. We use them outdoors lol, so it's a double whammy with the weather and people running into them.

I like the mirror tinting idea though, didn't even think of that.

Comment

mirror maze

we made a mirror maze before and used 4x 8 mirror finish stainless steel. we bought it at a steel yard. I got them for $40 a sheet, 16-18 gauge. they were a lower grade of stainless.
                Phil
                frightland.com

Comment

believe it or not

at one time carnival fun-house mirror mazes used stainless steel polished to a mirror finish won't be any bad luck from breaking that kind of mirror.

Comment

My friend is looking into priices for ya. The plexi with the tint sounds awesome because you could always randomly backlight and add scares there too. That would RAWK!!!
                    Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

We did that for the never ending hallway and more people ran into it than anything. It was crazy! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X