Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking For Wood Donations: Who's better for sponsorship, Lowes or Home Depot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For Wood Donations: Who's better for sponsorship, Lowes or Home Depot?

Hey guys, I'm looking to get some sheets of OSB and some 2 by 3s donated for our haunt this year. I was wondering if any of you guys have done this in the past, and wheather you went to Lowes or Home Depot. We use the haunt to collect donations and 100% of the proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior Project. I'll probably need 30-50 sheets of OSB and about 100 2 by 3s. Thanks in advance guys!
    *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Where are you located? I have several 2x4s and sheets of OSB I need to get rid of ASAP.
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

free wood

I have found the best lumber yards are the smaller ones Home Desperate and Lowes around me where not will to give it for free but at 40 to 50 percent off but I have hit up a few smaller stores for thousands of free wood. Good luck to you and you should have a tax number from your charity to help you get the donations.

hope that helps
      Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by Front Yard Fright View Post
        Where are you located? I have several 2x4s and sheets of OSB I need to get rid of ASAP.
        I'm in Colorado, North of Denver, so probably too far. I'm not sure though, I might be able to, but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradenton Haunted Trail View Post
          I have found the best lumber yards are the smaller ones Home Desperate and Lowes around me where not will to give it for free but at 40 to 50 percent off but I have hit up a few smaller stores for thousands of free wood. Good luck to you and you should have a tax number from your charity to help you get the donations.

hope that helps
          Shawn
          Thanks! You're probably right, harder to give out small donations when you're such a large company.

Comment

Free wood

Hey here is another free wood source for you. I am getting the largest fence company to bring me there old wood fencing they tear out when they replace it with new. It is great looking wood to nice and old really good weathering. you should hit up your local fence company they don't have too pay to dump it if you take it for free.
            new materials.jpg

Shawn
            http://bradentonhauntedtrail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bradenton Haunted Trail View Post
              Hey here is another free wood source for you. I am getting the largest fence company to bring me there old wood fencing they tear out when they replace it with new. It is great looking wood to nice and old really good weathering. you should hit up your local fence company they don't have too pay to dump it if you take it for free.
              [ATTACH]9306[/ATTACH]

Shawn
              http://bradentonhauntedtrail.com
              Damn! Those fences look great! I'll definately look into that! Thanks so much

Comment

Boy oh boy that is a HUGE idea, never thought of that. Best thing is it makes good firewood for camp fires if you need to refresh the invintory!!!

This is one of the best ideas I have heard of to get free wood, some of wich dont allow for large gaps between boards great for walls.

Mr. Haunt

Comment

If you are sponsoring a charity lowes will grant 10% off your purchases, may not be a lot, but 10% adds up. Hope this helps!

Comment

Free wood

Originally posted by Mr. Haunt View Post
                    Boy oh boy that is a HUGE idea, never thought of that. Best thing is it makes good firewood for camp fires if you need to refresh the invintory!!!

This is one of the best ideas I have heard of to get free wood, some of wich dont allow for large gaps between boards great for walls.

Mr. Haunt
                    Be careful about fire wood, must outdoor fencing is presure treated and the chemicals are very toxic.

Shawn
                    Twisted Woods

Comment

You can also reach out to local garden centers and outdoor supply stores for their old pallets. I use to get all the old pallets I could haul from the local Brosius Eliason to burn as firewood.
                      Mick

http://www.deathecho.com

Comment

my husband went to a furniture builder business and asked for the scraps they had laying around and they said sure...he got what he needed so that may be an idea for you.
                        Lori
                        www.hauntedhillroad.com

Comment

Working...
                        X