Strating to get frustrated at hauntcon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strating to get frustrated at hauntcon

Those of you that really know me know I a pretty laid back guy , but the Pickle is pissing me off. Here we are a little more than 1 month out and he still has a lot of missing info about his convention. No celebs are listed, and his pre haunt tour info is incomplete. anyone planning on going?
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Maybe he isnt getting any celebs. they are expensive and wouldnt a haunter be more interested in vendors and seminars than celebs? That is merely imho, anyways.
    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

It was just about the same last year, Ron. It is frustrating. I e-mailed him several times last year that info was missing or posted incorrectly, and he got it to me ASAP. Then it was changed on the site a couple days afterward. If it's any consolation, HauntCon was still fun!
      www.mindseizure.com
      www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Why do you want to see "celebrities"? They are just actors playing a part. They are not the characters they play.

Comment

Most celebritys are not twice as "smart" as the rest of us, it's the scriptwriters! The authors! It's that shy little person ferreted away for months or years at a time forcing themselves to write and write and re-write, pumping ideas onto a page or lap top, refining them, crafting them, then the actor gets so much credit (stolen credit) and money.
          Mr. Tuxedo is my writer, he does a good job, I guess? He has his hands full just keeping his latent desires in check since he fancys himself the re-incarnated Edwardian author Sir Francis BaconLicker.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

No, I really don't care what celebs are there. The point is according to his site they are supposed to be there. Kind of like trying to decide if you want to go into a restaurant by seeing what is on the menu. I might not want the Crab Legs, but I want to know if they are there. Damn, now I am hungry for crab legs!!
            www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Crabs on the menu would have been better than finding them crawling in my eyebrows!
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I'm not into the celebrity thing. It doesn't seem there was a crowd in Dallas in 2005 at celebrity row. Like 5 or 6 celebrities with their picture behind them sitting at tables visiting with each other. With only 500 people in attendance, maybe 25 people really care for about 10 minutes each?

Over a whole weekend. It looked so sad for them to have been gotten into this. Latter there had been "problems" with celebrity demands before, after and during the event to where I can see hesitation to confirm any of them. There is always some busy schedule or something? But the contract says they get money anyhow? Or had a deposit and dont' give it back?

I could be a celebrity!

I saw a small black child with a bedazzled shirt proclaiming her to be a "local celebrity" she did not have any pictures of herself for $5 or $40.

Somewhere I read that Robert Englund gets $20,000 per appearance? This can't be right. Who does he think he is Freddy Kruger or something? I like him but not this much.

I can't help but think of how car shows are advertised, See a bay watch star and the Batmobile! Get your pictures taken with a skinny guy in a cheap Batman Costume! I have always walked past the famous models or TV star and wondered why. Perhaps it is the other way around, they are there not for the fans but to gain some fans?

It really doesn't totally fit the haunt culture but, I guess it make it sound like it really an upscale event? As upscale as a car show? Maybe they should put mirrors under the seminar speakers or put demos on big turn tables. Have a bail of chipped wood and guess which haunted house this used to be?

I have to agree that even if the signage and schedule are totally different in the real world than what was planned it is still a nice event. But, I think HauntCon's real strength is that it gathers a region of people that already know of each other as apposed to traveling across the country to be there. Some people do travel?
                sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

I really like the bail of chipped wood idea. Of course it used to be a haunted house shredded while someone was visiting the celebrities. I'm not going to the celebrity booths.
                  sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

That ball of wood chips might have been a haunted house at one time but now it's just lunch and dinner for The Incredible Human Termite Man!"
                    The one man in America who definately has enough fiber in his diet!
                    He's got the biggest woody and all the beavers are So Jealous!
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim, you just be a chip off the old block, eh?

eh?
                      eh?
                      eh?
                      The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Am I a chip off the old block? It's difficult for most to chip a diamond and it is also difficult to chip a bowl of mush. (The mush, not the bowl it's in)
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I agree, in fact many of the poeple at Horror cons barely qualify as celebrities anyway. I see horror fans getting fanatical over some "actor" was was in a B horror movie who's role was to scream real loud and then get "killed". Start bringing in guys like Wes Craven, Stephen King, John Carpenter and they one's who make the films. To me they are far more interesting....

Allan

Comment

Rondini,

I may be attending this year. Hang in there a little bit longer, Honey. Don't give up on the Pickle. I'd love to see you again and maybe this time we can have time to talk about our haunt ideas.

BTW, some of the seminars have been posted. So far I'm looking forward to:

Creating a scary atmosphere with sound
                            By Jeff Clayton

Taking your product or Halloween event to extraordinary levels of marketing
                            By Scott Broad

Pneumatics 101
                            By Brian Warner

"Hands On" Makeup To Die For Workshop
                            By Bobbie Wiener

Evolution of a Scare
                            By Edward Terebus & James Terebus

There's also a couple on airbrush makeup which look interesting.

Comment

Re: Strating to get frustrated at hauntcon

Originally posted by xxxdirk
                              ... and his pre haunt tour info is incomplete.
                              The Preshow Tours info was updated yesterday. Did you see it?

http://www.hauntcon.com/index.php?mo...view&ANN_id=40

Comment

Working...
                              X