Boiler room pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boiler room pictures

I always enjoy seeing pictures of everyone elses haunt, so I took some of the Boiler Room we worked on today in mine. I've still got a long way to go, adding some rusted pipes, making the stand brick with some fake flames under the drums, dirtying up the white vent etc. but so far I think it looks pretty cool looking. Let me know if you have any ideas.100_0539.jpg100_0538.jpg100_0540.jpg

Looks great!!

We used two red police beacons, anrednfiltered mini strobe and fog to create a really cool fire effect under our crematorium this past october and it was great! It looked real! Try it out?

Best of luck! It's lookin great!

Comment

Looking good! It looks like its heading in the right direction.
      Damon
      Frightmasters
      www.houseoffright.com
      Damon Carson

Comment

Boiler room pictures

looks great! Add some junk copper pipes and gauges on the side to add realism. Maybe a metal vent pipe. Spark fence?? Electrical boxes are a must with wires.

Chaos
        Capt.Chaos
        Fear Asylum Haunted House
        Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

I'd add some cool cast iron doors on the wall. I reposted the ones I made out of wood from a previous thread.
          Larry's got some great details on pipes in the latest DVD's on detailing..check it out.
          Attached Files
          R&J Productions
          Las Vegas, NV
          www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

We've been working on our boiler room as well. We're just about done with the boiler itself.

Step 1: Build a stand and install one really beat up projection tv..
            Step1.jpg

Step 2: add plywood rings

Step 3: skin cylinder with Luan, listen to creaks and groans and popping noises and wonder if it's going to explode

Step 4: Add luan strips for detail and install wood buttons to simulate rivets

Step 5: Use Great Stuff expanding foam mashed to avoid large bubbles to simulate rust bubbles and flaking

Step4.jpg

Step 6: coat with Deck Restore product to simulate cast iron texture

Step5.jpg

Step 8: install real cast iron doors, and paint acid blocking primer on areas where rust will need to appear...

Step6.jpg

Step 9: Rust paint applied and activated

Step7.jpg
            Brett Hays, Director
            Fear Fair
            www.fearfair.com

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

geat stuff brett! i look forward to seeing the house at hauntcon. actually i have been looking forward to seeing the place for a good while ( i know some of your guys always seem to make a trip down to check out where i work/the USS Nightmare). anyway i am really looking forward to seeing the haunt!

Comment

Brett,

Great work that's awesome looking!

Allan

Comment

Looks great Brett. Love the finish you ended up with.
                    http://www.theironkingdom.com

Comment

Very cool pics everyone!!

Comment

SCFear Farm- Great work you got going. Will be fun to see all the pix through out the process.

Brett- Awesome work as well. Very creative and very inspiring. Pictures like both you guys have posted really get me thinking of doing a boiler scene sometime. Always fun to see a pictures of a project in working progress.

Awesome job guys!!!!
                        Kelly Anderson
                        Owner- Halloween Undercroft
                        http://www.halloweenundercroft.com/
                        Owner- Haunt Your House llc

Comment

yes great stuff from both of you!

Comment

Really nice work guys.
                            sigpic
                            a.k.a. The Butcher
                            a.k.a. Hauntlord

Comment

ler room pictures

That looks AWESOME Brett. That definately gave me some good ideas for my boiler room scene. Thanks! Here is a idea that may save you some labor. Go to a water conditioning dealer. They usually have a bunch of old resin tanks laying around. These tanks are tall and cylindrical made out of fiberglass. You may be able to grab one for free (like I did ) just to get it out of their way. Now detail the way you want and Tadaa! I got a big commercial one however a person may grab some small household ones and use for labs etc.

Chaos
                              Capt.Chaos
                              Fear Asylum Haunted House
                              Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Working...
                              X