New Policy for Hauntworld.com Haunt Directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Policy for Hauntworld.com Haunt Directory

Wanted to mention because you might be hearing from us soon... we are no longer going to allow ANY haunt listing that does NOT have a link back to www.Hauntworld.com. Additionally any listing that doesn't appear updated will get deleted. End of story!

Also if you do not purchase a featured listing or a banner your listing views will be reset each you so you can never appear in our top ten most viewed on the state pages... and any listing that only had a Hauntworld.com banner and no featured listing or banner will be moved to page 3 at best. We are investing tens of thousands of dollars into the site, seo work, marketing, pr, and everything geared to send traffic to the site but we can no longer allow our advertisers to pay and support us to do all the things we are doing while others skirt around and feed off this traffic while others pay.

We have to do everything we can to support our advertisers and leave the biggest benefits to those who support us back whether its simply a banner link back or advertisement.

Some of the most viewed attractions on many of the state pages are already totally REMOVED from the site.

Do you want your listing to stay without buying marketing?? Here is what you need to do NOW!

1) Log in and update your profile. If it doesn't look updated it will be deleted on the spot. Now you can embed your facebook, twitter, and do other cool things so updating your profile is important either way... so update or it will be deleted.

2) Make sure when we get to your state or your profile within that state ... we will visit your website we need to be able to easy street find our www.Hauntworld.com banner on your site. Otherwise you are not an advertiser nor do you have an updated profile and or no banner on your site that we can find... DELETE!

If we get rid of half the directory thats fine with us... cutting out the fat so leaving more traffic for those who update their profile, or support us with marketing and or support us with a banner back to our site. Simple as that.

It's nothing personal and I'm sure any reasonable person would agree that if you can't at the very least link us back we have no room for ya...

You are taking up traffic, server space, and traffic away from those who support us. Our focus from today forward is to support those who support us no matter what level it is. End of story.

Right now we are working on California and I already deleted the #1 most viewed profile because the owner did not return an email about our banner on his site or marketing. GONE!

The banners are not expensive, featured listings not expensive and they last for an entire year. All I can say is if you support us we'll spend every single day working for your attraction!

If you want advertisement information contact Patti today blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net

Thanks
    Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

ALSO WANTED TO MENTION SOME NEW FEATURES COMING SOON!

1) City Directory. Go to Missouri page and you can find a test. It says find a haunt in Kansas City and it also simply says St. Louis.

If you click on the St. Louis one it pulls up all of my listing and weeds out the rest. The KC one doesn't work at all. This is a new feature its not done and will take a while to implement. When its done and working it will pull up banners and listings within 100 miles of whatever city we want to create a directory for. We will only create a city finder for advertisers, meaning if we have an advertiser in Austin we'll make a city for Austin, and yes it will pull up other Austin haunts, but we won't create one for AUstin if we have no advertisers in Austin.

2) Multiple States: If you purchase multiple featured listings in multiple states... before you had to create a profile for each state and update them. Now you can buy as many states as you want and only update ONE profile. We can move your main profile to as many states as we want from the back end saving you a ton of time.

3) If you log in NOW to your profile embed your facebook and twitter accounts into your profile... Check out Netherworlds profile: http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho..._haunted_house

See what I'm talking about. Add new videos and photos because this will show up new on YOUR states page getting extra views on your videos and photos.

4) Polls are created for advertisers at the tops of state pages. If you are an advertisers you are included in the polls for scariest haunts in your state.

5) Your profile also allows you to create blogs about your attraction... in other words you can post whole entire articles on your profile. Again look at the bottom of Netherworlds profile and see what I'm saying. So get on the ball log into your account and start updating.

6) If you do a featured article with us we'll put your article on the America's best haunted houses page and we'll place your article right on your profile blog.

7) Lastly raise your views on your profile by asking your fans of facebook or twitter to view your profile... if you see the state page it shows the top ten most viewed in your state. This will help send you more traffic... the more views your profile gets the higher you go up in your state. Link from your site back to your profile.

Hauntworld.com and HauntedHouseOnline.com last year combined for 8 million visits that is RIGHT 8 million. Marketing on the site is a ONE TIME PER YEAR INVESTMENT! We send you traffic every single day year around for one time payment.

Contact us today and or get on the stick and update your profile.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President

Comment

WHAT IS AN UPDATED PROFILE???

More than a link back to your site.

Your profile must have some sort of effort put into the profile like videos, a logo, some information about your haunt, update when you are open and well very important a link back to your event that works.

If you do not have these things DELETE!

We are going to trim off about half of all the listings on the site.

Starting TODAY!

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

No, I think I get it. I think they are trying to make buying a banner more attractive by eliminating the free advertising. At least I think that is what they are doing. Makes sense because I believe radio stations don't mention business on air other than paid clients or sponsers. I could be wrong but I believe that is the point. I get it because I had a problem with the way it used to be when you could pay but still have others advertise and not pay. I had another problem with the system a couple of years ago but it seemed like it was being ignored at the time so whatever. However, I have to agree its not really fair that you would pay for a banner or listing and someone else could get in the mix for free.
        Jared Layman

Comment

Sounds fair
          Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

We are fine with free listings but people who don't put our banner on their site then we have no use for them... the haunts who merely put a profile up and no information just a link so you can place a link on our site... no thanks. We have no use for those profiles. We want to provide information to those who visit our site and it needs to be accurate information. End of story.

With that being said if they don't advertise which is stupid, then at least share the effort with a banner!

If you can't do that very little thing bye bye! LOL

We want to cut the listings down by half and focus on the ones who actually support us in return.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

I thought you were going to dump the haunt database a while back? I ask because I thought I asked for my haunt to be removed a while back, yet it's still there. I've tried logging on several times with different e-mails and passwords and I've also entered my e-mails in order to get the password sent to me... and nothing! I assume it's just a bug with your system? Either way, it's been at least a year and my haunt is still listed!
              Zach Wiechmann
              www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Well now you know, Zach!

Why all those people keep driving by, and crowds spontaneously appear at your door!
                Your haunt is still listed! Think you might have rename the street you live on to stop these problems?
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

If only that were the case Jim! Maybe THEN I'd consider keeping it!
                  :P
                  Zach Wiechmann
                  www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Something tells me some posts were deleted. The conversation isn't flowing like it should. Bad form.

Comment

Why should you think this post should be some all out warfare post. So no you are wrong about that... its not flowing as you put it because what we are asking is pretty simple and fair. If you don't support our site with a link back we are removing your profile. We want to support those who either A are paying advertisers, or B at the very least haunts who share a link for our site on their site. What is unfair about that .... NOTHING!

Is it unfair to say ... if you don't want to purchase a marketing program which will benefit your business, then at the very very least you need a banner and link back to Hauntworld.com? How is that unfair? Where is the arguement? There isn't one!

If a haunt in your city said 'hey lets trade links, I'll help you and you help me...'. And you said OKAY then you noticed half way through October you have the link to him and he has no link to you... what would you do??? You would REMOVE his link end of story... yes?

The reality is this... we have to many listings, many are lacking information so they should be deleted right off the bat. Two you have haunts who want benefits from us but give nothing in return, that isn't fair to those who do, so what we want to do is simple... SEND MORE TRAFFIC and VIEWS to the profiles who have active accounts with support back to our system.

Screw the rest... if you can't at the very least place a banner on your site then we simply choose to support MORE those who do. End of story.

If we shed 100 pounds we'll run faster, we'll also send THOSE haunts MORE traffic, we'll help our guests find haunts FASTER with fewer profiles to filter through... how is this a bad thing for us.

Its not!

For you to expect it to be all out warfare is strange.

This is just common sense.

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

So...what does this mean for us paying advertisers. Simply put, we will NOT put a HW.com banner on our site, at least not on the main page or anywhere noticeable. We won't do it for HH.com or anybody. Just wondering? -Tyler
                        Chris Riehl
                        Sales@spookyfinder.com
                        (586)209-6935
                        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I don't think he is implying that paying advertisers would have to display a HW banner which makes sense. If you don't pay, you must place a banner as a way of giving something back to HW. At least that's my understanding.
                          Zach Wiechmann
                          www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

I am ALL for cleaning up the listing sites!!! It upsets me when you have a state listing and half the hauts are gone!! Also we are a mobile attraction.
                            We have had different locations over the years. I got a patron show up last year and complain about the fact that we weren't where the listing said we should be. The location was over ten years ago and the listing was an old AOL listing!!! Some lists have me listed several times, I send an update they post it but never take off the old one!!!

Since location do change I feel all listings should update by July. Then anyone not updated is removed...period. If you do get your info correct, you can resubmit so again the site will only contain updated info.

I would rather have a site with 100 ACCURATE listings than a site with 1000 INACCURATE listings!!

And I agree, if a site requires a link back it is the least you can do.
                            R&J Productions
                            Las Vegas, NV
                            www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Hey I need everyones help to find haunts who are no longer open. Tell me if you find them in your state so we can remove them please.

Its actually pretty simple... we want to send MORE traffic to haunts who support us not to haunts who don't or haunts who are NOT open anymore.

Pretty simple.

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Working...
                              X