Type of Attraction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Type of Attraction

What Type of attraction do you like to perform the most and why?

House for sure... though it's more costly (electric, security, it goes on and on etc...), you don't have to worry about the rain or cold...and cancelling due to weather... and having patrons walkthrough a house amongst the actors instead of observing them from a wagon (though some places do a good haunt this way), has a more threatening factor for patrons. For most, having the security of the wagon does help the scare factor and can lead to "observation" unless the actors hop onto the wagon and are interactive.
    Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
    The White Star Farm
    "Hey Baby, this blood's for you."

Comment

house defentaly there more weather resentent and you can do more with senery and lighting
      fare thee well and harvest no sorrows

Comment

You can definently scare em more with the house. It seems more "real" But, if you have a tight budget and a tough fire dept. go for the forest. The fire dept. will be easier on you if it's outside.
        Slash
        "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

Less of a hassel with cleaning up a house after you have kil......i mean injured a patron.......... and you can make more hiding sopts for the corps...... I mean actors.......
          Ben Fox
          Actor and Building Manager

"I have been called a lot of things in my life, but Ben Fox is not one of them...... Wait thats my name, I meant to say that....... Wait, I have been called that too..."

Comment

..and when 25 enter the house and only 24 exit, who's to notice everyone has a little bloody souveneer in their back pocket or chewing on something gnarly, not Bob Gnarly the singer, either!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

HOUSE!!

ok last year i was working both a haunted hay ride and a house, it was killing me not to work the house every night because i needed the money the hay ride offered. But look its not even for those little mistakes its cause you dont get enough TIME to screw with people correctly on a hay ride, its jump on do your thing and jump off and run across the feild for the next batch of 50 people and you do this ALL night, you get 10 seconds for 50 people!!!!
              i love the house because you can pick out the weak and play with them
              Lori
              Forget the Fear. Embrace the Screams
              11th Hour Haunter
              Sonny Acres hay ride actor management

Comment

I just thought up a good idea for a hayride, using bones and useing them to make the cart. Of course they would have to be human..........
                Ben Fox

"I have been called a lot of things in my life, but Ben Fox is not one of them...... Wait thats my name, I meant to say that....... Wait, I have been called that too..."

Comment

the bone idea though actually sounds like a great idea, but you gotta think about that a little better, actors jump onto that hay ride and they work like that, bone placement has to be careful for the sake of these actors, theres enough blisters, cuts, bruises, broken masks, in the life of a hayride haunter.
                  yes, broken masks, ive seen many of the harder masks get cracked when an actor jumps off a hay ride and doesnt realize theres a second cart connected and gets whacked in the face, causing the mask to break.
                  TIP:: when working hayride, for gods sake have face protection! little kids punch and hayrides hurt.
                  Lori
                  11th Hour Haunter

Comment

But it is more enetrainment for the customers buck when a Hayride actor falls off and gets run over by that second cart. "Hey son, Look at that scary monster, opps he fell off, but the his head gettting severed by the wheel is so realist... wait that was his head.......oh, crap"
                    Ben Fox

Comment

lol dont make fun of that! im in charge of those actors! if that happens again i have to go and find another person to work!
                      Lori
                      11th Hour Haunter

Comment

Thats nothing that duct tape cant fix heads arms just about everything
                        :twisted:
                        fare thee well and harvest no sorrows

Comment

Instead of jumping on and off of the wagon, has anyone ever built a box slung underneath the wagon with a trap door opening up , "UP"?
                          Suddenly the monster is sitting behind you and he never had to even shake the wagon to make it happen......
                          An alternative to this could be an actor sitting in the middle of the wagon in plain sight but with head down assuming the role of a stuffed dummy, then coming to life later. Having good padding or catcher leg-guards under the costume would also help the actor pass the "Is It Real"? Test some of the punchers and knee-kickers would be providing, but after they think you aren't real, the scare handed out to them might just be worth the abuse!
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Just manke sure to have some padding in the crotch. Some poeple have to test for apendages in order to check if its real.
                            Ben Fox

Comment

I have NEVER had padding in my crotch, no matter what anyone else might think or say.
                              I don't own a gun either.
                              I'm not always "happy" to see everyone either.

I once had an employee who misunderstood my instructions to him and at the end of the night he was bragging about how no matter how hard someone kicked him in the shins that he wouldn't flinch and let them know that inside of that mask, there was a real man.
                              He never did ever move to scare anyone (this is the misunderstanding) he just sat there on a couch in the middle of a maze, inflexible, unmoving.
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X