• Time
  • Show
Clear All

House (of the brain eating zombies)!
    Hearseman
    "One foot in the grave, the other on the pedal"

Comment

Sounds like one person at my job, Jim!

Crotch padding, that was what everyone did in the past. Now, its buy HUGE SUVS as their crotch padding. thats usually to compensate for something which is what usually REQUIRES crotcvh padding!

Glad I drive a SMALL TRUCK
      The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

After working house haunts since the age of 16, I can say "Indoors" definitely. 5 years ago, after a bit of semi-retirement from haunt acting, I revived my lycanthropic alter-ego for a "farewell tour" at the local Six Flags park. I was roaming the swamp of the haunt, which, if it had been at least partially enclosed, would have been quite atmospheric. However, the daylight as well as the extraneous noise from the nearby rides lessened the overall effectiveness of the scene. (Not that I didn't go for the proverbial jugular on many occasions, mind you...*evil grin*)

Warren Vanderdark;
        Owner & Head Mortician,
        The Baxter Avenue Morgue

www.13bats.com
        "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

Comment

Haunted Forest :: I will never do this again, it was a haunted trail an even I was scared most of the time. Every like 10min I hared something walking out in the woods, an I didn't know if it was a person or animal. One time a skunk sprayed me!

Haunted Hayride :: We have one of these at the house I work on, My directer Shawn ( boss ) won't let me go help out with it, don't know why. Later on a lot of the kids came back with poison ivy an bitching about how cold they are. I never asked to work the hayride again. The one time I was a customer on a hayride I stood up like a dummy to get a better look at a shack, ended up falling of the thing an into the nice wet muddy grass.

Haunted House :: I love the house. I don't have to worry about rain or any of that other stuff that nature controls. Also I know what all the sounds are, yea thats a good thing.
          ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
          ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
          ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
          ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

Forest for sure. It's real atmosphere with real paranoia getting in the people's heads. A house is just darkness and "scenes" with monsters and witches and things talking to you. When a witch or monster talks to me, it isn't scary.
            Every room having someone look at me and show me what they are trying to do while talking to me is not scary . Many make this mistake. I'd rather see what they are doing and let them freak me out by what they are doing and saying.

In forest, you can plug haunters that belong there. You can have huts and lights and fog machines and tiki torches and good sets...and of course a real full moon to howl at.

Comment

I have an outdoor loop for the tour, but if the weather turns bad, one door opens, another one closes and they are routed back into the house , being exposed to the weather for a quick six feet of travel.
              The house is on the edge of a cliff with a small river below it and we have all sorts of natural wildlife prowling around here, almost any kind of it that you can name.
              The normal comings and goings of them is no problem, but I have had some people decide they should put out alot of food for these poor creatures and then we have a bad deal, customers between the pile of food.
              "Grr! are you my food?"
              I am on poison ivy patrol here as long as it's warm out, buy the spray, kill the plant, spend the money, it will be very well spent.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I think a house for sure, there are just so many things that you can do with a house, you can really make it into anything you want, and its usually indoors so weather is rarely a problem for the actors,props or patrons

Comment

I also have an easier time just making a good hiding place in a house then trying to figure out if its safe to crawl in the hollow of a tree.

WARNING:: Never climb in the hollow of a tree, Oh yea it looks cool, an with a good make up job you can look like your part of the tree, or maybe being eaten by a tree. But do remember there there are things living in those damn trees! An if you think there is something crawling on you, damn it there probably really is some thing crawling on you! Icky Icky Yuck Yuck!!
                  ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
                  ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
                  ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
                  ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

I understand and agree with all the rpos of indoor haunts...but I have always had the desire to work and outdoor haunt....I have some ideas that would be great in an outdoor setting......maybe it's left over from my yard haunt days which I loved and miss
                    "Even a man who is pure at heart and says his prays at night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright."

Comment

I've done most of my work outside entertaining lines of ornery customers.... which i love, anytime i can drive them to the brink of insanity i'm happy.

Comment

I have worked outdoors a few times and I find the experience to bit a little bit more fun then inside an indoor haunt. I think that mother nature at night provides an ambience that you just can't replicate inside a haunt. The sound of the breeze, the rustle of leaves and other things lurking, the crisp chill in the air. These things all serve (at least to me) to heighten the experience.

I am part yeti so the elements don't bother me like they may other people. That helps, too.
                        --PanicButton

"Are all men from the future loud-mouthed braggarts?"
                        "Nope. Just me baby... Just me."
                        --Army of Darkness

Comment

Well thats a toughy.

I enjoyed working in a forest, as it was in a graveyard(my fave place) that looked very overgrown and real. The drawbacks were that everyone was so spaced apart communications sucked. Only security and about every 5th scene had a radio to know what was going on. I was working so hard that the cold never got to me. But the rain was another story, so was the dust getting kicked up by customers running.

I like house work but I have had very little to work with in just a room or hallway. In the woods I could come up out of bushes, chase em down the trail, pop up over fences or gravestones. In houses youre kind of limited by your space and the set. I do enjoy though roaming in a house, ducking in and out of security halls ahead of the same group i just got or coming out behind them again. hehehe

Comment

I've worked many scenes and the chainsaw...

I've had outdoor scenes and indoor scenes as well, and I must say I do enjoy working the indoor scenes the most (depending on how well they are set up of course, I would rather work a saw than work a barren hallway).

I had a scene this year that was inside and outside. It was bit colder than the rest of the indoor scenes, but in all truth it isn't that bad when you are working. I was actually quite warm all season long because of all of the focus and running about.

Comment

Well. I've been in a house for 4 :twisted: years and last year was my first year in a scare zone. Though I enjoyed the fresh air ( it gets REAL HOT here in FLORIDA with heavy costumes and makeup as well,) Being in a house is the funnest. I can get way more people and freak them out as well. I did enjoy being in the scare zone though, People hate to walk through them and most run through screaming which can deter my fun!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X