The Croc Hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Croc Hunter

Did anyone hear about the Croc Hunter getting killed a stingray, which is crazy consider the things he's gone head to head with. This really sucks I loved that guy! I really feel sorry for his family!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I was shocked and appalled. I loved that crazy guy.
    "To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

I know, that's a huge loss. He was a good guy and exellent conservationlist and animal lover. It will be hard to replace his character.

Comment

What a freaky accident!

He was swimming above a stingray and it's very sharp tale stabbed him in his heart. Very sad.... :cry:

Comment

Very sad news! There were a few rumours that he was being pushed too far to take more and more risks for good TV. There always was the potential for real danger. Even a calculated risk is still a risk.

I would also like to clarify that organization Stingray have issued a press release and deny all involvement. It wasn't them.

Comment

I wasn't sure at first if that was what I heard on the news...but then it was. Crazy.

At least it was while he was doing what he loved.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
            http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
            "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
            http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

I thought my hubby was joking when he told me. Thought there was no way! It's pretty sad that most of the world knew before his wife found out.

It's sad that he passed away, but he did it doing something he loved.
              www.mindseizure.com
              www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Fate, or for whatever reason(s) it does seem like alot of famous and very talented people leave us early.
                Having a brief, excellant life, leaving quickly, might not be as bad as working 50 years in a widget factory doing the same job, then waiting to rot away one piece at a time.........
                (Can you tell I have always lived in a town full of very elderly people?)
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Frankly, I expected something tragic to happen to this guy ever since I saw him dangle hiz infant child in front of a crock, using him for "bait"!!!
                  It was worse than when Michael Jackson dangled his kid from that balcony!!! Personally, I'm glad it was him and not his innocent kid that paid the price. When are these idiotz gonna learn??? Zigfreid & Roy, Crock Guy, the recent attcaks by chimps on their owners.....
                  Wild animalz are just that. WILD! Chimps are cute & all but like any animal they can turn in an instant and they have the strength to do terrible thingz! Tigerz, I don't even have to say anything there.
                  Stingrayz, yeah... that is freaky but not unheard of. Especially when you try to ride one! I saw this idiot ride a sea turtle! HIGHLY ILLEGAL!!!!
                  These are not for riding! They breathe air and when they are at the surface itz usually cuz they wanna breathe. Then some fu***** idiot jumps on yur back and pushes you under wayer for the sake of a freakin ride! Selfish, exploitive & stupid! I don't know much about this guy, all I can say iz that the very few times I saw his show, he was a total ass!

Comment

Mr. Croc said on Larry King that his infant was not close to the reptile, it was a "stacked" camera angle that made it look real close.
                    He said there were two other camera crews there filming and their filmed product shows the true distances involved, so much so that the other film crews didn't even play their film more than once because it didn't look sensational or exploitive.
                    There was a medieval king in some small european country who fathered several hundred children and he would dailey hold the one boy over the courtyard from a high balcony, every day for many years.
                    Maybe he was acting in accordance to the old story about the guy becoming strong by carrying a calf up the stairs everyday...as the calf grows, so do the muscles..?
                    Maybe the king's son was prone to gaining too much weight so this kept the kid out of the candy jar?
                    Maybe a sad day involving the king's son triggered the old saying about someone who is getting old, "losing their grip?"
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I would have been more concerned about Michael Jackson dangling his kids. As Dr. Leonard McCoy said, "he is not operating on all thrusters".

Comment

I'm still somewhat depressed about this... I really loved that guy. He was bigger than life, he was like a super hero. Yeah I always worried about him as well and thought he calmed down because of his kids.

What happened was just an accident. He was doing a little pick up show for his daughters upcoming kids show. He never expected this.

People swim with stingrays when they go on vacation. I'm betting that whole business now goes belly up!!!

Of all the things, King Cobras, Sharks, Tigers, he had to get killed doing something for a kids show. UnReal.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President
                        www.HalloweenProductions.com
                        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Yea im still saddened as well. I was reading the new story on cnn about how they want the tape destroyed that shows his death (which i fully agree out of respect to him and his family). I dont want to see that video floating around the web.

Ive also swam with wild stingrays in the Carribean. Ive even held one while they would swim around your feet. People all over the place were picking them up and kids were petting them (and these were just in the middle of the ocean, not some guarded pool area). They were all over the place and very tame. So that is a surprise to me that a stingray ended his life the way it did. But, I guess it only takes one.

its terrible and he`ll be missed.
                          www.myspace.com/travis_magee

Comment

I heard that the government of New Zealand wanted to give the guy a state funeral the likes that are normally reserved for heads of state! I guess that even as much as us Yanks liked the guy, he was a phenom over there.

Me, I can't figure out why such an animal expert, who knows that a stingray, which is dangerous at a 90-degree angle, would choose to swim right above the animal? He was probably filming one of those "normally, I don't recommend that you do this kind of thing at home" segments for his show.

Comment

its probably one of those situations that you`ve been around soo many of them and they RARELY "sting" people and its VERY rare for that sting to be fatal. Im by far not an animal expert and ive been around them in the middle of the ocean and they just swim around your feet. They are not aggressive at all.

But thats tragic.. to spend your life around the most dangerous species on the planet and handle them like a pet rabbit, then one day get fataly killed by something thats so non-aggressive he was showing it for a childrens special he was doing.

Hey, when its your time to go.... there is not a damn thing you can do about it. So live your life to the fullest! - no regrets -
                              www.myspace.com/travis_magee

Comment

Working...
                              X