Scre4m Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scre4m Review

On Friday my friend and I caught the first playing of scream 4 and I have to say that it was AMAZING.

The media was right when they said it was as good as the first Scream, not only was it that good in my opinion, but it was almost even better!

Definitely worth going to see! If youve seen it, what'd you think??

And lastly, for the CGI geeks out there, Ghostface's knife was actually CGI a few times during the movie!

I highly enjoyed it also!
    Kirk Boemmel
    Dark Ghost Manor
    www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by screamforadream View Post
      And lastly, for the CGI geeks out there, Ghostface's knife was actually CGI a few times during the movie!
      Why must they do things like this? Seriously I just don't understand it, and takes the art out of the effects, especially when it is something as silly as that. Some accents I understand and help in many cases...post production decisions to add a little extra spatter or smoke, things that are 100% impossible to do with practical effects, etc...but now they are going as far as making the killer's weapon CGI? That makes me not want to see this, because from the sound it is obvious that it is CGI, and that just seems embarrassing for a big budget film like that. The only good CGI is when you dont even know it is there. Things like the remake Nightmare On Elm Street, I would hope that everyone would agree that the coming out of the wall of the bedroom scene was hands down better in the original with the classic spandex wall vs the new CGI version that looked like a cartoon...it's things like that that just make me cringe about CGI altogether. If a big budget movie is going to spend the money on CGI and its not a video game or animated movie, you should not know that it is CGI. The technology is good enough and the artists are out there to make things at least somewhat believable.

Thats my thoughts on it. I'll likely wait for blu ray after hearing that.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
      -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

I did hear this movie was good, but I have to agree about the CGI.

It kills me to see crappy CGI effects (especially blood). Like you said, the best CGI effects are the ones you can't even tell. I was watching Behind the Scenes for Hills Have Eyes, and I was surprised to see that they used CGI in several scenes.... couldn't even tell it was CGI.

I always think less of a movie when it's monsters are CGI, and not full costumes (unless of course, it has to be CGI.)

Again though, I did hear Scre4m was good, so don't let that one part fool you.

Comment

I agree about CGI, but it was not that case that many times in this movie, only once was I like "uhm....really??" It was the part that they used in commercials too! When Ghostface is about to kill the cops. When he stabs the African American cop....just....definitely not a good kill at all...

But I didn't know it was CGI in other parts until afterwards when I was reading more about it.

The plot, the acting, and everything else was extremely good.

Comment

It totally bombed at the box office. They projected 40 plus million and it didn't even do 20. I'm glad it was good... who wants to see the Priest 3D.

Count me in!

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I never knew the knife was CGI at times until after I'd seen it...it's not an issue.
              Scream 4 made 20 million this weekend (Scream 2 did 25 million its first weekend and went on to around 100 million I think).
              It had a budget of 40 million.
              But don't miss out on it because of a CGI knife that you'll never know is CGI.

Priest looks decent. I love vampire movies. I've heard that a lot of fans of the graphic novel are mad as Priest is not what it's supposed to be. I've never read it though.

Kirk
              Kirk Boemmel
              Dark Ghost Manor
              www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry, but those CGI creatures in The Priest look terrible. My main problem with CGI in horror movies is that the monsters don't move naturally. They look too animated instead of resembling living moving things.
                Spooky Wishes
                Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Bombed?

I would say Scream 4 did fairly well for a movie that hasnt been out for ten years. Just because it didnt make $40 million its not a bomb. I dont know who would be stupid enough to think it would make that much?! Dont get me wrong I like Wes Craven but when I first heard they were coming out with another
                  Scream I was like Why!? But I dont imagine these movies cost alot to make like most movies now a days. I mean even if the knife is c.g.i that is probably the only effect they used for cgi. How much you want to bet this movie will do well enough for a Scream 5 and possibly a Scream 6. I still want to see it. And with the stir and good reviews Im sure it will have a late following. It should do well next weekend as well.
                  Damon
                  Frightmasters
                  www.houseoffright.com
                  Damon Carson

Comment

Yeahhh most of the original Scream fans are now either on medicare or this site....or both! =P

But the target population changed, the people who want to see it are no longer the same age group as the people who saw the original when it came out. So teens like me weren't old enough to/interested in going to the movies yet. That's another factor.

It did bomb according to what they projected...but hey...Rio did awesome! hahahaha

Comment

Yeah, the CGI werewolves in Underworld 3 looked bad. I hope they don't use CGI wolves for Underworld 4.

Comment

Bombed?

I would say Scream 4 did fairly well for a movie that hasnt been out for ten years. Just because it didnt make $40 million its not a bomb. I dont know who would be stupid enough to think it would make that much?! Dont get me wrong I like Wes Craven but when I first heard they were coming out with another
                        Scream I was like Why!? But I dont imagine these movies cost alot to make like most movies now a days. I mean even if the knife is c.g.i that is probably the only effect they used for cgi. How much you want to bet this movie will do well enough for a Scream 5 and possibly a Scream 6. I still want to see it. And with the stir and good reviews Im sure it will have a late following. It should do well next weekend as well.
                        Damon
                        Frightmasters
                        www.houseoffright.com
                        Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                        X