Promo items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promo items

We are planning to enhance our promotional item (gift shop) sales by offering more then logo t-shirts. Skull caps, icon character shirts, mugs, etc.

Anyone familiar or done business with a company that is cost effective?

Anyone have ideas on what sells that I may not be thinking of?
    Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

I've been to COUNTLESS haunts and I've never been to one that has an incredibly profitable gift shop. The biggest money maker outside of the haunt that I've noticed from personal experience has been snack stands, selling water, soda, chips, things people can enjoy while they're in line. It's my personal opinion that you should dedicate an area to a large concession stand, and have your promotional items in there, such as your t-shirts, that is a better way for people to see them than to take time to go to a separate gift shop. I think that alone will help boost your sales, and also try selling glow bracelets, necklaces. They don't provide an obscene amount of light, and if you have actors wearing black out masks, it makes people MUCH easier to see! Haha.

If branding is what you'd like to do, offer free stickers, buttons, small things, that won't cost you much that kids can wear to school the next day, a roll of 2,000 stickers that say "I survived *insert haunt name here*" is only like $20. Then you have 2000 walking billboards for free!

Just my 2 cents, hope it was useful.

Comment

I disagree there are alot of major haunts that have gift shops with a variety of items. Along with t-shirts and many other items with there name on them. If you can do it I would suggest it. I wouldnt sell extremely high dollar items or masks or such things as that there are too many places at Halloween time that sell that kinda stuff. But if you sell cool smaller items you could move alot and your sales would add up at the end of the season. Every dollar counts! It could help makeup for a rainy season. Or if your attendance isnt where you want it.
      Damon
      Frightmasters
      www.houseoffright.com
      Damon Carson

Comment

Glow necklaces are already on sale there. Concession stand is operational already. Based on exit interviews, last year, there was a demand for icon character t-shirts and other products that bear the logo besides simply t-shirts. Simply looking for a cost effective provider of the items or ideas of items that sell for other haunts that I may not have thought of.
        Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

For cost effectiveness VistaPrint has crazy good prices on small things, not so much wearable stuff, and Zazzle is useful for just about any article of clothing. Set up a Zazzle store?? The customers can order stuff online if you don't have it, or you can buy stuff from Zazzle and sell it yourself. It's just cheaper to have it in a store too.

I tried a Zazzle experiment for school once,'made some really stupid scary stuff, called the bean MonstURZ and in a month with no advertising sold over $150 worth of stuff. So people see it! And it goes pretty high in Google when you search for it, try mine now, it's been inactive for months but I bet if you type in MonstURZ it will be right on the first page.

For character items, I use Dollar Days for bulk orders.

Comment

I was sent:

A small wooden box (cedar?) with a sliding lid. There was a laser-cut tricky image on the lid, any image can be ordered cut in to it. A drawing of one's house?
            The haunt's main monster?
            This was many years ago I never bought anything from the company that was doing this. I have no clue if they are still in business, but it looked neat and different . They were not real expensive.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by sean View Post
              We are planning to enhance our promotional item (gift shop) sales by offering more then logo t-shirts. Skull caps, icon character shirts, mugs, etc.

Anyone familiar or done business with a company that is cost effective?

Anyone have ideas on what sells that I may not be thinking of?
              I would like to invite you to check out our website: www.jakprints.com/haunt. We can help you with most all printed goods at great prices and top notch quality and service. We use state of the art equipment and employ some of the best artists/techs in the industry. We are also not too far away from you. We do offset and screen printing, as well as stickers banners, embroidery and more.

On the subject of what to sell, I have seen haunts have success with well designed t-shirts, and lots of the small inexpensive items like stickers, magnets, hats, laminates, etc...

Mike "Pogo" Hach
              -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Call me at Minions Web.
                I am about to launch exactly the website and information your hunting for, hauntedpremiums.com

The family business for more than 50 years has been incentive advertising, I am in the process of taking the reigns.
                We have been an ASI (Advertising Specialties Industry) member for more than 40 years

If you give me an idea of which products you desire, I will be happy to help.
                If it can printed, imprinted, etched, engraved, or molded, we have access to it.

Haunted Premiums will feature industry specials each month (many specials will be updated weekly) and can help you create a haunt gift shop to die for.
                GoryCorey
                See all MinionsWeb Original Cob Web Guns, Boomer Air Cannons and weather tight LED Light Bulbs at the MinionsWeb.com online store

Comment

Working...
                X