Good storm controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good storm controller

Where can I find a storm controller which can operate some strobes and speakers?

Lightning

Here is a good one in my opinon http://www.lights-alive.com/ctrl_firefly_501.html
    Hope that helps

Shawn
    http://bradentonhauntedtrail.com

Comment

I second that !
      Greg
      Fearfest
      Greg Allen
      scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
      www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

The issue I have with almost every lightning generator is the lack of reality. Most controllers just react to the sound input so the lights flash everytime the thunder strikes. The ONLY time that happens is when YOU get struck by lightning!!!

In reality the light flashes then a second or so later and you hear the thunder (remember speed of sound is 1,126 feet per second).

Easiest way to accomplish this is to buy or make a color organ. On your MP3 player (or CD player) record your thunder track on the left side, then offset the track a second or two later and record on the right track. Send the the left track (first sound) to the color organ, send the right track to a sound system to amplify to your area.

Now the color organ will react to the sound and dim the lights, then a second later you hear the thunder rumbling....reality!!!

Here's a kit you can build: http://www.goldmine-elec-products.co....asp?dept=1064

I've used them, they work great.

Rich
        R&J Productions
        Las Vegas, NV
        www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

The FIreFly does that

Originally posted by RJ Productions View Post
          The issue I have with almost every lightning generator is the lack of reality. Most controllers just react to the sound input so the lights flash everytime the thunder strikes. The ONLY time that happens is when YOU get struck by lightning!!!

In reality the light flashes then a second or so later and you hear the thunder (remember speed of sound is 1,126 feet per second).
          Actually the Lights Alive FireFly does have the ability to have the lights lead the sound (thunder). The FireFlys ship with two audio CDs. One is a stereo CD. Takes advatage of all the channels but flashes lights at the same time as the thunder. The mono CD uses a control track on the CD to fire the lights prior to the delayed thunder. CD's are by Virgil by the way.

It also has the capability of dimming a channel to simulate the power going out.

Come check out the FireFly in action for yourself at our booth at the National Haunters Convention.

Scott
          Scott Ames

Comment

Which unit is good for a 20x5 room? The entry model?

Comment

Which unit is good for a 20x5 room?

Originally posted by HauntedPaws View Post
              Which unit is good for a 20x5 room? The entry model?
              Typically the units are not sized for a particular square footage per say. They are chosen primarily based on the number of channels and the features. The entry level FF-101 will control only one channel, where as the FF-201 will control two channels and the FF-501 five channels. Having multiple channels gives you the option of having the lightning “move” from one side of the room to the other in stereo mode. As you hear the lightning to the distance on the left, the left lights starts to fire. As the thunder rolls to the right the lights follow from left to right. Having more then one channel also allows you to dedicate one channel to dimming channel so you can dim lights when the lightning strike is close. That being said, with a small room the multiple channels may be wasted as it will be difficult to separate the channels enough to get the true effect. So a single channel may be more then sufficient for your needs. Keep future projects in mind though. Perhaps next year you’ll move it to a bigger room or outdoors. You can always run a 5 channel in mono mode and only use one channel for now and then use the other channels as you needs grow. If it’s in your budget, get the five channel FF-501 as it has more flexibility and can be use for other lighting control besides thunder. If it’s a bit more then you planned to spend than the FF-101 will do a great job and you have the possibility of trading up to a 501 later. We’re local to you so if you need any assistance we’re here to help.
              Scott Ames

Comment

Working...
              X