Never Too Much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never Too Much

Most of us spend all year looking for bargains, closeouts, discounts and other peoples junk we can convert and use. What are some of the items you think you can never have too much of? What items, if you see a great deal on it, do you stock up on it even if you need to store it because you know one day you will use it and you can never have too much of it?
    Todd

Scrap Steel.

It has so many needfull uses.
    It doesn't really "Burn" (like wood)
    Rust can be removed and welding may then begin.
    A set of good Titanium bits can "Hole" it for you if bolting is the plan.
    Vandalism is stopped dead by steel, so is much theft(too heavy, or bolted down)
    Most of my outdoor displays are steel for all of these very good reasons.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Computer speakers that have a sub woofer, artificial plants, shiatsu massagers, back masagers, I also stock up on unique baskets, belts that have character, good costume clothing (flannel shirts, white aprons, nursing dresses, scrubs, white sheets) There are all kinds of things that I scour for at thrift stores and yard sales.
      The things already mentioned are pretty good too.
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

We are moving into a 120 plus year old barn this year for our haunt. Aside from storage for the fire company, it was virtually untouched since the last day they used it. Lots of old wonderful things. Of course, being the set designer girl, I saw the beauty in almost everything left in there and wanted to save it all to repurpose in some way or another....old burlap, planks of old barn wood, rusted jars, etc. but a lot of good stuff got tossed. I did salvage some goodies and will work them into the haunt and the kids dug in the dirt floor and unearthed some awesome bones and skulls of groundhogs and other critters that will for sure get cleaned up and worked in somewhere. But if you think hard enough, almost anything can be reused and upcycled in some way.

On a side note, I so hafta get pics of this barn. It's amazing. It still has the metal track system and wooden belt wheel in the butchering room, bricked chimney in the scalding room, original meathooks, and even a genuine outhouse built into the barn. It RAWKS!!!!
        Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

Never Too Much

Just today I responded to a fire at a local supermarket chain. Once the excitement was done I noticed all the renovations that are going on in this particular building. On further inspection....There it was. Not one but 4 things that I have been scouring the country for. (2) stainless steel commercial cafe doors, (1) stainless steel food display case and (1) huge commercial walk in cooler with doors and all hardware. It is all being thrown out. I will pick up all my new treasures in the morning.
          I would really watch what is being done in your community. I cant believe how many cool haunt things get thrown away on remodels and renovations. Stop in and talk to the contractors. They will probably let you have anything you want. Especially if they dont have to deal with it or pay the weight fees to throw it out. I also visit our community hazmat paint recycler alot. I get all the free paint I want. I ALWAYS grab the white. Then I can go to any paint supplier and just buy the tints. I mix all my own colors for next to nothing. Hope these ideas help someone out.

Happy hunting.

Chaos
          Capt.Chaos
          Fear Asylum Haunted House
          Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Working...
          X