No announcement yet.

20 Dollar Real Wood Coffin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know there are several white-colored coffins out there, yea, some a few black-colored coffins out there as well as gray-colored coffins!!

Some rumors saying that there are some fighing over about the coffin ideals and colors!! I had to ignore them anyways... First thing, this month, I have to go make my own wooden coffin with a paint in color "WHITE" and "BLACK" Jesus' Saviors Cross on it!! Does the color matter??

Comment

That sounds like that is going to be so cool!

Usually the color of a coffin has to do with a complicated set of circumstances all to do about what is at the Dollar Store bargain bin and how much change Daddy left on his dresser. He'll just think it is for school lunch money.

Everyone wants black with chrome handles but, lots of time you end up with Battle ship grey and no fancy handles.
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Do you think white coffins are cool??

Comment

Not only are white coffins "Cool" but absolutely required if the deceased is virginal, such as yourself! hahahaah!
          This helps the grave robbers and organ harvesters and people desperate to populate their party when nobody else deems it fitting to make an appearance.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

The coolest coffins would be covered with a silver or gold mylar like on the Lunar Lander. The next best would be white but in daylight it is a bit bright so generally a tan color would be more desireable. Black of course absorbes and radiates heat more than all other colors.

I have yet to see a peppermint paint job or like this cool TV set I once saw in a secret room that was pink glossy texture with white stripes of long white fur. Everyone thinks only in dimensions of one color. I have not yet seen a coffin with colored glitter or metal flake like a boat. Or perhaps tiger fur lined and purple House of Colors exterior with Gold pimpy handles?
            sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Wouldn't look neat to have a big, brass door-knocker on the coffin's lid?
              then make it rattle all by itself like in a Dracula movie!
              A peppermint-painted striped coffin could almost hide among the Christmas decorations in December, until someone looked a little more closely..,,"EEK! It's a coffin!"
              Out steps the candy cane vampire, watch out he has a sweet tooth!
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Or Santa's coffin....Red with two big black belts holding it shut with white cottony fluff on the edges. Never seen that!

I think I just deigned my Xmas cards!
                sigpic

Comment

Jim,

Some haunters on other forums saying that white coffins would be good in a phantasm/morgue scene or with color on 'em, don't you think so?

Comment

That is why I painted my coffin hallway off-white to make seem unworldly and dreamlike.
                    I could hear some of the first people walking through it saying, "It's just like being in a dream!"
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Are all cardboard coffins worth?? I don't believe in them because they're all very flexible and easily to break apart!

Is it worth to spend about $55 on each of them cardboard coffins?? :evil:

Comment

PumpkinHead,

Do you have a pic of what it looks like inside your coffin? If so, please post it here and I'd love to see it.

Comment

Simple made half coffins for my yard. Not a lot of them. BUT, no covers, as some of you people have. Just open face. Actually had to cover in chicken wire to prevent the ghouls rom being taken. Go figure. :lol:

Comment

Greg, loving the Christmas Card idea! :twisted:

Kel
                            Chris Riehl
                            Sales@spookyfinder.com
                            (586)209-6935
                            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jolly_Roger View Post
                              Went here http://coffinplans.casadesade.com did this!

Paid 11 bucks for the Luan (finish grade paneling) and used 2 furring strips. The skull came from Wal Green's last year. I hope they get some this year, those are great!
                              Funny information # 1: This is not his coffin, he didn't make it. He took the whole post including the picture from another forum and posted it as his own.
                              The Dead End
                              http://www.howloweenqueen.com
                              http://theghostess.com
                              http://www.floridahaunters.com

Comment

Originally posted by PumpkinHead View Post
                                yeah, it is a little shallow, only 8". But it does make a great prop!

I spent a little more (only about $70 :P ) on thicker plywood and 2x2 to hold it togeter and finished it out with firring strips and a two-tone stain scheme.
                                Here is a pic of it:

Happy Haunting,
                                PH

Funny information #2: PumpkinHead, he took YOUR post from here, including the picture, and has been posting it on other forums as HIS own.
                                The Dead End
                                http://www.howloweenqueen.com
                                http://theghostess.com
                                http://www.floridahaunters.com

Comment

Working...
                                X