20 Dollar Real Wood Coffin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 Dollar Real Wood Coffin

Went here http://coffinplans.casadesade.com did this!

Paid 11 bucks for the Luan (finish grade paneling) and used 2 furring strips. The skull came from Wal Green's last year. I hope they get some this year, those are great!

No matter how I figured it, I always had to have about a sheet and a half to make a coffin, in other words a 4 by 8 plus a 4 by 4 sheet of plywood.
    Maybe the sides on this one are abit "skinny"? Maybe that makes up the difference?
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield
      No matter how I figured it, I always had to have about a sheet and a half to make a coffin, in other words a 4 by 8 plus a 4 by 4 sheet of plywood.
      Maybe the sides on this one are abit "skinny"? Maybe that makes up the difference?
      yeah, it is a little shallow, only 8". But it does make a great prop!

I spent a little more (only about $70 :P ) on thicker plywood and 2x2 to hold it togeter and finished it out with firring strips and a two-tone stain scheme.
      Here is a pic of it:

Happy Haunting,
      PH
      www.HauntGraphics.com

Comment

I made some heavy-duty, able-to-take-abuse coffins featuring a welded and bolted together steel framework .
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Re: 20 Dollar Real Wood Coffin

Originally posted by Jolly_Roger
          Went here http://coffinplans.casadesade.com did this!

Paid 11 bucks for the Luan (finish grade paneling) and used 2 furring strips. The skull came from Wal Green's last year. I hope they get some this year, those are great!

Kewl tip!

Thanx bro!

Comment

I made some heavy-duty, able-to-take-abuse coffins featuring a welded and bolted together steel framework .

Do you have a pic of this steel coffin?

Comment

The coffin isn't steel, just the inside frame. It's covered with plywood, bolted to the steel. This way a solid and durable place to mount the hinge is created , nice if someone is ramming and slamming around, opening and closing the door alot.
              Most real coffins are built very flimsey, but then they are a one-way ride.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

At Jim's the coffin door swings both ways!

Comment

He shall remain unnamed, but a renouned haunter went to open a coffin of mine (infront of a whole group of haunters) I was in the coffin looking at him through the bullet holes in the rusty sign mounted on the coffin door, so when his fingers curled around the edge of the lid my fingers curled on top of his!
                  I never had seen someone move so quickly backward for such a distance so quickly!!!

I love that rusty sign, it warns about contaminating the hog lot if you don't change your boots, it's from the 1950's, I think?
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

The coffin isn't steel, just the inside frame. It's covered with plywood, bolted to the steel. This way a solid and durable place to mount the hinge is created , nice if someone is ramming and slamming around, opening and closing the door alot.
                    Most real coffins are built very flimsey, but then they are a one-way ride.
                    Hmmmm.... Very interesting coffin! Did you build it yourself? Or, did someone make it for you? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by PumpkinHead
                      yeah, it is a little shallow, only 8". But it does make a great prop!

I spent a little more (only about $70 :P ) on thicker plywood and 2x2 to hold it togeter and finished it out with firring strips and a two-tone stain scheme.
                      Here is a pic of it:

Happy Haunting,
                      PH

PH, I really liked that image of your coffin! That was awesome!! :wink:

Comment

Until you get to see my house, you probably wouldn't believe the things I have built here. No brag, just fact.
                        Yes, I sure did build those steel-framed coffins.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Until you get to see my house, you probably wouldn't believe the things I have built here. No brag, just fact.
                          Yes, I sure did build those steel-framed coffins.

Wow! That's cool! Do you own your haunt house? You built everything yourself there? Do you usually invite other customers to visit your place when it is Oct? Do you charge the price for everbody to visit there at your place?

Comment

Roger, come here often?
                            ------------------------
                            The child is grown, the dream is gone.
                            I have become comfortably numb.

Comment

Originally posted by ScarlettP
                              Roger, come here often?

Yes, I do. May I ask why? Something wrong with me? :roll:

Comment

Working...
                              X