Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire marshalls don't seem to like haunt in my state, least indoor ones???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire marshalls don't seem to like haunt in my state, least indoor ones???

Class A walls and ceilings, automatic sprinklers, smoke detectors, water supply, turn on the lights and have posted exit signage. I was just gonna shove people in and tell them that the fire was part of the show??

These things seem commonplace to me? If you meet code can they still deny you? Seems like it's gonna be the old "we'll find problems until you give up??"

What's a class A wall too?

Flame-spread, used to describe the surface burning characteristics of building materials. The best known test for developing this rating is the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) Test Method E-84, commonly known as the tunnel test.

The tunnel test measures how far and how fast flames spread across the surface of the test sample. In this test, a sample of the material 20 inches wide and 25 feet long, is installed as ceiling of a test chamber, and exposed to a gas flame at one end. The resulting flame spread rating (FSR) is expressed as a number on a continuous scale where inorganic reinforced cement board is 0 and red oak is 100. The scale is divided into three classes.

Fire-rated classifications:
    Class A or I – Flame spread 0-25
    Class B or II – Flame spread 26-75
    Class C or III – Flame spread 76-200

Comment

Yeah the Fire Marshall I spoke with mentioned that ASTM e-84. He said they don't burn anything though? Do most of flame retardant coatings conform to class-a?

Comment

Working...
      X