Fear Fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fear Fair

Brett Hays has been coming out to the Hooch for years now...
    and has been telling me about all these things he has been doing at Fear Fair...
    sooo when i heard it was opening i went
    and Wow...
    know this..i am not big on movie themes in a haunt..
    but this place
    was easily the most intense time i have personally had at a haunted house..
    some of the most innovative techniques in this industry today..
    that beginning just absolutely blew me away....cutting edge...you can not help but be drawn into it all...like being air dropped into hell

mixed with some of the most unique ways to keep you stumbling and off balance...
    as i write that i can almost hear Ben Armstrong saying it......haha
    and ducking and climbing, and falling and laughing..
    there where many times i truly didn't know where to go..
    .and soo many actors with a true love for this game..
    ..and rust....and the old musty rotted wood...and the confinement of it all..
    like it was all built by a 4 foot tall man....i was soo impressed ..

I can just imagine it jam packed with patrons piling up everywhere...

I praised Dent Schoolhouse and how blown away i was with it and the feeling it gave me when i saw it...
    because it is what it is....

and now Fear Fair is also one of my favorite haunts in America....
    in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
    www.DEADACRES.COM

Awww Shucks.
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

Comment

Wow!

I will have to make an effort to see this AWESOME Haunt!
      sigpic
      PEACE, ADAM
      www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Fear Fair is one of the most detailed and unique haunts in the nation. I wasn't able to check them out Friday or Saturday, but during the haunt season it's amazing to say the least. Fear Fair is one of those haunts that needs to be in Hauntworld Magazine because there really isn't another one like it.
        Spooky Wishes
        Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Completely Agree

you are spot on. The first 2-3 minutes is the best start to a haunt I have ever been in. The movie sets and set up actors ("Help me he's gonna kill me. Help me!") were great. I especially liked the Saw set up and can only imagine "regular" customers and the effect it would have on them.

This haunt doesn't need a ton of $1000 dollar animatronics, it is the sets and the actors that make it work.

two thumbs up from me. A haunt gem in Seymour Indiana you gotta get to.
          ----------------------------------------------
          A.J. Porfirio

Comment

Brett was kind enough to let us come down and take a look at their haunt just a little before Halloween this past season while they were finishing construction on their new areas. I personally think he's got one of the best haunts in Indiana hands down. Love the sets and the enthusiasm they bring to the haunt industry. If you haven't had a chance to visit their haunt, you need to be sure to make it out there. I'm making it a point to visit them again this coming Halloween season!
            News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
            Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

I must have seen a hundred cameras come through on Friday night, but I have seen hardly any photos. If you took pictures during the Hauntcon tour, please post them... thanks.
              Brett Hays, Director
              Fear Fair
              www.fearfair.com

Comment

Originally posted by bhays View Post
                I must have seen a hundred cameras come through on Friday night, but I have seen hardly any photos. If you took pictures during the Hauntcon tour, please post them... thanks.
                I only took pictures of my props. I can post those if you really want.
                Brian Warner
                Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
                Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
                Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Working...
                X