Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming Stiltbeast studios project poll

Hey everyone!
    Im finding myself more and more pressed for time so I really want to focus my efforts on what people want to see from us please take a moment and help me steer my focus where it needs to be.
    thanks for your input,
    Allen Hopps
    Silicone mask making
    15.26%
    Fantastic costuming
    15.26%
    Moving like a monster- Stilts, sliding, and other monster motions
    9.47%
    Dynamic HH acting 3- que lines and outside actors
    20.00%
    Haunted house design- the basics for success
    30.00%
    Collected tricks and tips - to dumb to sell but they work great.
    10.00%
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Definitely actor training stuff. Of the people not SPFX or CFX making silicone masks and sculpts, they have a long way to go and a badly sculpted silicone mask still appears as a badly sculpted mask regardless of material.

Training is something everyone can use from the pros to the actors and in between.

DA
    Last edited by Darkangel; 05-02-2011, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Good costumes are really hard to find out there. I think a good costuming video would RAWK!
      Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

Probably sounds bland to some but creating, care and management of wardrobe/costuming hasn't been done (that I've seen). Other than that- quality actor development tips and techniques (like how to hypnotize them -lol) would be worthy imo.
        How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

....not that I would complain if you did a silicone mask dvd. I would LOVE to learn how to play around with that.
          Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

COSTUMES! COSTUMES!! COSTUMES!!! -Tyler
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Cue line acting, for sure. It's hard to teach cue line acting to actors in the off season cause you have no cue line to demonstrate on. And I'm too busy during the season to train them. I got some that take to it like a fish to water, but others need some extra help.
              sigpic
              Louis Brown
              Owner, operator, and dish washer
              at
              DarkWood Manor

Comment

Maybe A Reality-check video?

Showing, telling explaining, how much devotion and time EVERYTHING requires to even begin to accomplish "Something".
                The novices thinking everything will be quick, easy and wildly sucessfull just because they might have a hour each week to work on something gets very "old" after a very short time.
                I see the haunting field like showbusiness. "He's a virtual overnight success!" And the time spent in that "night" might have just been the last 10 to 15 YEARS, struggling, thinking, training, practising.... then someone says , "I could do that." Without realising the true personal costs involved.............."Yada,yada,yada..."
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

There is yet to be a real decent "Haunted House" dvd that shows the basics, explains things, gives tips and tricks, as well as allowing an insiders view to see how some haunts are laid out. This would sell me instantly. I know Larry "tried" to make those DVD's aimed at "how to make a haunted house" but, alas, they sucked. Mostly him Jaw Jacking, and little to no REAL information being put out.

Costuming is also a HUGE priority for alot of haunts that gets overlooked... again, not the GOOD haunts, but alot of the little guys like me need insight on costuming, accessorizing, and making it BELIEVABLE depending on the situation and theming. This DVD, if made, could help ALOT of people get a good idea and ideas for concepts for their character designs, etc. I also think that footwear needs to be covered. lol! I have been to more than a few haunts where they have shoes on that DON'T match their costuming plan... Pretty hard to be scared when they're right in front of you with sketchers on and great makeup.

---- Just my thoughts...

Comment

Probably sounds bland to some but creating, care and management of wardrobe/costuming hasn't been done (that I've seen). Other than that- quality actor development tips and techniques (like how to hypnotize them -lol) would be worthy imo.
                    DEFINITELY NOT BLAND. This is one of the MOST influential parts of creating and maintaining a successful character lineup and rememberable actors... You are dead on. =)

-K

Comment

There are alot of good points on here and some unexpected results. Im sure I will eventually get around to producing all of the DVDs but the info of what you guys want to see is precious to me. thanks for the input I check this every day. I may take down the poll and do a more targeted one as soon as this one gets 50 votes.
                      Thank you for your input, Im most likely looking at a January or february release date on it. I just need to get it all lined up and that takes awhile.
                      Allen H

Comment

I want them all but right now I like acting 3
                        BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
                        www.horrorfields.com

Comment

Awesome! 50 poll results and two clear stand out concepts for the Next DVD! Im going to push and try to get two done this year Im set up for it now so that should be doable.
                          Thanks for the input guys!
                          Allen H

Comment

No matter what, it'll be awesome

Your airbrush DVDs really were helpful two weeks ago when I painted up 27 zombies for the closing number for a local rock band, SYSTEM ASYLUM. The actors were all impressed by how comfortable the make up was, how easily it cleaned up, and not to mention how awesome they all looked.

Looking forward to whatever you decide to do next.
                            www.catacombproductions.com

Comment

Since haunt design has been the number one answer I thought Id pimp my haunt design class Im teaching at MHC.

Hello Everyone,
                              This is a pre show plug for my haunted house theming and design seminar/class at MHC. Theming and design is a huge part of a haunt I have plenty of tips and trick to get your ideas incorperated smoothly into your attraction. Im going over
                              Logo, layout, back story, interior design, Anti fung schway, Guest flow, actor flow, and floor plan. Im going over a ton of material and info it will be a haunt design brain dump of info.
                              I want to go over what I think works theme wise and why, from beginning of concept to detailing sets. Questions will be welcome and I will show you a few brainstorming techniques to get the most out of your creative staff and to appease the ones who really want to help. Im super excited about this class and I hope you can make it!
                              Allen H
                              http://midwesthauntersconvention.com.../haunt-design/

Comment

Working...
                              X