Investing in haunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investing in haunts

Are you interested in finding an investor to purchase your advertising this year? Or would you like to have someone purchase your media with National Media buyers?

The Midwest Haunters Convention is offering a free class on Saturday morning June 4 with Sanjay Sayal of Blue Star Productions. Last year Blue Star Shows invested in 8 haunted attractions with media buying and production. All 8 attractions averaged a 100% increase in attendance.

Sanjay will host a seminar on what Blue Star is looking for and how they will take charge of your advertising to drive your transactions. They’re also a media buying agency and offer advertising packages that will save you thousands of dollars while increasing the number of your commercials with their national media buyers.

This complimentary class is open to haunt owners and producers. Blue Star Shows is a media buying agency; they purchase all forms of media and make national advertising buys. They also provide commercial production services.

Go to www.midwestshow.com for additional information or to register for this class.

Spikerip
    The Midwest Haunters Convention
    The Scare-A-Torium

They just want 30% of your gross profit. No thanks...talked to these guys at Transworld, seemed great until I heard about the 30%. If something happens and it's an off year, marketing has NOTHING to do with it, then you'll be OUT OF BUSINESS!

Pass.

-Tyler

PS: I'd want to see the physical NUMBERS on said haunts with increase in attendance.
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Perhaps there's rules? a 100% attendance isnt bad. 10,000 @ 10 = $100,000 normally and 20,000 @10 is $200,000. Minus their fee you're still at $140,000.

Comment

I'm just saying, what if attendance went down or stayed the same? I know if it were 30% of our gross profit, we'd be out of business. -Tyler
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Investing in haunts

It all depends on how much you spent last year on advertising and your attendance. Two years ago we spent about $40,000 on advertising (including production) which came out to about 53% of our sales. Last year we turned all our advertising over to Blue Star and we more than doubled our sales and spent lesss. It isn't for everyone, but if you are on a tight advertising budget, have room to grow your attendance and would like to free up time spent on media buying/production, then it could be good for you.

Another option is to give them your advertising dollars and let them buy your media with their national buyers. They can get better rates than you (they buy media year round throughout the country) and they have a production staff. Their commercials were great and everything was handled for us.

All 8 haunts last year were up over 100%. There are no guarantees, but since you are paying them a percentage, then if you aren't up, you don't lose. If you spend your money on advertising and you aren't up in sales, then the total loss is at your expense.

The class is free to attend and they will explain the program in detail. Just attend the class and listen to their program and decide if it is best for you.

SpikeRip

Comment

There are some unusual businesses out there.

"How much money do you lose each year to bad checks?"
            "$100,000."
            "Write me out a check for $40,000 and I will guatantee you that I will collect most of that money."
            He did.
            He did detective work, tracked people across this country, got the money, everbody was "Happy" except the bad check-writer and The State of Illinois. They barred him from ever being in that business again!
            (I guess he got a bit forcefull and threatening sometimes and he did carry a gun.)
            Re-establishing his business using his Wife's name didn't fool anyone for long either.
            But it sure worked effectively for awhile.
            Anymore if you can do anything effectively for even just "Awhile" you are way ahead of the pack.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
            X