how to build an Air cannon/ water misters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to build an Air cannon/ water misters

ok guys im wanting to build about 6 air cannons and water misters for our haunt this year. do any of you have plans for this or know how to build them? any help would be great.
    BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
    www.horrorfields.com

http://www.creepcrafters.com/aircannon/$20aircannon/cannon.htm
    House this one inside a lock box so if it blows there is no shrapenel. Yes Yes water valve instead of an air valve I know. Im not condoning it Im just passing along information. I always just buy air cannons as they arent that pricey and liability wise I like having a seperate manufacturer.
    I like the minions web air cannons myself.
    http://www.minionsweb.com/osStore/ai...-c-1_8_49.html

For the water, buy from a haunt vendor- establishing a relationship is great and they really arent that much more expensive.
    http://www.frightprops.com/water-sprayers.html
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Thanks allen I can always count on you to info that helps out so much!!!
      BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
      www.horrorfields.com

Comment

Mcmaster

Mcmaster.com for anything you could ever want.

Also the ASCO 8210g3b is a hell of a valve. That is if you're looking for the super heavy duty industrial version. It'll run you about $200 just for the valve.

That $20 air cannon Allen suggested is starting to sound really good.

Comment

I found some videos on cannons and im going to build 2 of them I may do pics of the build. But right now Im already at $50 each and You know how that gose I will prob have to buy more stuff. But thats the learning curve!!
          BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
          www.horrorfields.com

Comment

here is a video on how to build your own
            The New video from horrorfields.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb2E9qhHw3w

Great for all you haunters out there!!!
            BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
            www.horrorfields.com

Comment

Anything on building water misters out there yet? think this tread just had air cannon stuff so far...

Comment

well im working on that too but its on a hold right now until I can come up with some more money!!!
                BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
                www.horrorfields.com

Comment

Man, I have been in the haunt business professional since 1999 and people ask what scares me???

PEOPLE BUILDING COMPRESSED AIR PROPS WITH SPRINKLER VALVES AND PVC PIPE!!!!!

Come on people!! Go on Ebay, craigslist, amazon..what ever.... buy the CORRECT parts!!

The first idiot that blows up an air cannon that used a sprinkler valve will do as much if not more
                  damage to the ENTIRE haunt community than the Six Flaggs fire!!!

Sprinkler valves are NOT meant, nor should they EVER be used with compressed air..PERIOD!!!

And I am sure there are people who will chime in that they have used sprinkler valves for years
                  with no mishaps....so what ! it only takes ONE!! Then we're ALL deep sixed!!!

It does not take that much more to built it right, if you can't, then BUY it, but make sure THEY don't
                  use inadequate parts! NO vendor should be allowed to exhibit at ANY show if they jury-rig their
                  product...period!!

It's not that expensive....buy:
                  a dump valve- $30
                  Solenoid- $24
                  Transformer-$8
                  Portable tank $29
                  Fittings- $10

Total cost less than a Hundred Bucks.....cost if your sprinkler valve blows up???
                  Hundreds of thousands to possibly Millions of dollars!!!!

Somebody uses a sprinkler valve for their yard haunt it gets used MAYBE a couple hundred times.
                  A Haunt will use it several thousand times in a single season. So Mr. Yard Haunter can use it for a
                  couple years and claim no problem, but we're not yard haunters!!

What ONE of us does can effect the entire industry. IF anyone takes offense to this, then I'm sorry...
                  I'm sorry you are in our industry, please go back to yard haunting, I can not afford someone else's stupidity
                  when correct, safe methods are accessable AND affordable!! Face it, if you can't spend a $100 and do it right,
                  then don't do it!!

Allen, I usually agree with most things you say, but man, NEVER suggest unsafe practices, even if you state
                  you're only providing information. Safe is safe...period. (with that I step down from the soapbox!!)

Rich
                  Last edited by RJ Productions; 05-19-2011, 03:05 AM.
                  R&J Productions
                  Las Vegas, NV
                  www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Well Rj how about YOU put up a how to video with where to buy and how to put it all together and people would build them that way Until then people will build what they can find plans for.
                    BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
                    www.horrorfields.com

Comment

Originally posted by krazedklownkilla View Post
                      Well Rj how about YOU put up a how to video with where to buy and how to put it all together and people would build them that way Until then people will build what they can find plans for.
                      If it will keep people from using unsafe parts, I will gladly share pictures and diagrams of my cannons. I am a vendor as well as a haunt owner. If it keeps 1 customer or trick or treater safer, I will lose the potential business.
                      Brian Warner
                      Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
                      Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
                      Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

krazedklownkilla- you're right. See the new thread on the main forum. I posted there to get to a larger audience.

Rich
                        R&J Productions
                        Las Vegas, NV
                        www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Working...
                        X