13th Hour thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13th Hour thread?

Why was Shane's 13th Hour thread from March closed? I hadn't even seen it until today.

This guy is a crook and something needs to be done.
    Spinning Tunnels www.spinningtunnel.com

http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...4746-13th-HOUR

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_fraud

Comment

Because as I've stated in the past I'm not a giant fan of bashing on other haunted houses, or vendors even though I don't really consider this magazine a vendor however its a magazine that I think bashed on especially on my site makes our magazine look bad... like we are putting people up to it when we are not.

I would prefer that the other magazines or their owners not be bashed on with our message boards. We've all made mistakes including us, and since I'm not a subscriber I can't really say one way or the other what they do or don't do... I can only say what I've been told.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Dark

It was not my thread it was started by someone else but it's cool. I can say I understand where Larry is coming from it would look like he's allowing a direct competitor to be bashed so I can see him getting in a tight spot on this subject. Now I will also use this to say I was told just last night of another vendor falling for the scam. Seems like Rick is hitting up the new vendors on this scam campaign of " hey I will give you ads for products " The old vendors has been there and done that and figured it out that's a big reason subscribers are not getting their magazines now because no one will advertize. He does his trades for products but he's not mailing out magazines so what good is the trade if no one is seeing the vendors products.

The only one coming out on top is you guessed it Dick I mean Rick. What get's me is he claims to have all this money so why don't he do like me, you, Larry or anyone and just pay for the items for his haunt. If he's smart he will have sale's reps to sell the ads I am sure the reps could use the commission. I have been told by so many who has been took it makes me sick he's one of the top if not on the top of the list. I also know when the vendors figure it out and go and say they have changed their mind he uses the word " sue " as fast as a kid eating cake!!!!! He want's them to stick to the contract yet he's already in breach because he's not sending out his magazines! This man has no shame I would have to say Larry has more class because he even threw Larry and HauntWorld magazine under the bus in an effort to take away from being busted and caught red handed! When confronted he throws a fit and tries to blame everyone inculding Obama!

Again I ask you new vendors what good is a trade if your products are not getting exposure. Yeah Rick is getting free products at the expense of the vendor. The vendors are not getting exposure because he's not sending out magazines. The subscribers are getting taken because they are not getting their magazines he's using their money to put gas in the crop duster he flies and calls a jet! YEAH DICK YOUR A REAL TREND SETTER YOUR SETTING A TREND OF HOW EASY IT IS TO RIP PEOPLE OFF!!! Let take to twitter, facebook, any place we can get the word out on this recurring scam! Shane and it's yeah Rick sue me! Shane
        sigpic

Comment

Did he actually email one of his subscribers and call her a "stupid bitch"?

This guy didn't "make a mistake" Larry, this guy is a criminal, plain and simple. Let's see to it that he flies his little airplane straight to prison where he belongs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_fraud

Comment

Deleted Threads

I can understand why it was taken down. But in the meantime another vendor has possibly fallen victem to this con-artist! If it had been left up maybe he would have seen it in time?. At least I mentioned it to him and hopefully he has time to change things so he doesnt loose possibly thousands in products. Conventions should be notified and this guy and he should be put out of business! If he is running an illegal scam he shouldnt be able to even exhibit! Point blank! He was just at NHC doing what he does best. Ripping off vendors and Subscribers with his flashy oversized WISHBOOK! Oh I wish I could get that in the mailbox someday! Oh sorry it dont fit! I will send it special air delivery in the crop duster! Bombs away! You been HAD!
            Damon
            Frightmasters
            www.houseoffright.com
            Damon Carson

Comment

I was the one who got called a stupid *itch. I guess he got tired of me asking him about my subscription. I was suprised that he did that because I was being nice about it when I asked about the subscription. I didn't know at the time that nobody was getting their magazine. I thought it was just an error at his office that could be easily fixed.

Comment

did he show at hauntcon and or national haunters convention ?

hopefully, somebody will tune this guy up for his disrespect and thievery... wonder if he had the guts to show up at these recent conventions. information/sightings, please......

Comment

13th hour was at hauntcon!!! I dont know if it was rick but I was looking at the mag and it looks very nice. Then a guy started in on the whole sales pitch and I stopped him dead and told him I would like him to give every ones mags out before he gets new costumers. I told him I didnt think it was right or a good business move on what the company has been doing. the only thing he could say was we have had an issue BUT its all fixed now and everyone who paid for mags has now gotten everything they paid for, everything is fix now. I told him I would have to check around to see if it were true.

I didnt buy any
                  BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
                  www.horrorfields.com

Comment

way to go !

call him out on it. you did the right thing for all of us !

Comment

call him out

At Trans World I told him that There was no way I was subscribing to his mag but i would buy some back issues and he told me that there where no problems with people getting there mags. So i walked away, but went back and bought some back issues the next day from some other guy at the booth.

Shawn
                      http://bradentonhauntedtrail.com

Comment

Couple things...

1) I actually think its a great idea to just buy the back issues at tradeshows or off the websites... that isn't a bad idea at all. All these magazines come out all over the place so nothing wrong with that. However it's nice to have a subscription because then you know it will be mailed to you directly.

2) It's NOT easy to make sure everyone gets their magazine, because unless you are some big major company with zillions of staff members ... people change address, people give you the wrong information, every once in a while you miss putting some information in the system, whatever. Mistakes are going to be made at least by us because its basically a ONE person show... we have one person who inputs and one person who mails them out. It is just not easy.

3) I personally don't have anything against any of these guys because I'm at a point that I just don't care about what everybody else does... I'd rather focus on the things I'm doing and I think we should all do the same. I get emails all the time from people upset they didn't get a magazine or a video or whatever and every single time we fix the problem. I am happy that people come to me first with their problems without making these same kinds of threads. I think anyone and everyone who has this issue should contact them directly and see if you can get this resolved.

This would be teh best way to handle these problems.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President
                        www.HalloweenProductions.com
                        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                        X