Thor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thor

Who saw Thor? I saw it with my kids and loved it as a pretty visual popcorn movie. It won't win any awards but it has some cool special effects, and Thor was pretty cool. Its not Batman or even the Spider-man movies the acting just doesn't go that deep, the plots and story lines are more geared with explaining who Thor is and selling you on this new World. The acting is cheesy but the special effects are nice, and the actor playing Thor was the perfect choice he looks the part in every way.

There is a small scene after the credits.

There are many monsters in the movie that Thor battles so I think everyone would like it.

Larry

PS: Who is going to see Priest 3D this weekend?
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I saw it Larry, I too thought it was a fantastic movie. It is a popcorn movie, but it also is the kind of super hero movie we have needed for sometime. As much as I like the Batman relaunch and such, they are just too dark, or moody etc. That is not a super hero.

I feel Thor brings back that fun, movie going, superhero film your kids will want to go home, pretend and play with the toys, it has that lasting impression. It also has more of a good moral to it too, not a self loathing superhero trying to discover who they are.

So yeah great family film, I enjoyed it and I am eagerly awaiting Green Lantern and Captain America.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
    http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
    "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
    http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

What I was affraid of! Alot of cgi wizardry. I admit the cgi monsters look great from the previews! But the rest looks cheesy. I dont know guess I was never a big fan of Thor to begin with. I have no interests in seeing it or Green Lantern. I will wait for dvd to see both. This Summers movies look like alot of disappointments to me other than the new Pirates of the Carribbean and Rise of the Apes. Now those two look like they will be worth the money and the popcorn. Just my two cents. I may be wrong? But with the prices of movies now a days and practically every movie coming out is a friggin 3D movie Im gonna start waiting till dvd for alot of new movies.
      Damon
      Frightmasters
      www.houseoffright.com
      Damon Carson

Comment

What I was affraid of! Alot of cgi wizardry. I admit the cgi monsters look great from the previews! But the rest looks cheesy! I dont know, guess I was never a big fan of Thor to begin with. I have no interests in seeing it or Green Lantern. I will wait for dvd to see both. This Summers movies look like alot of disappointments to me other than the new Pirates of the Carribbean and Rise of the Apes. Now those two look like they will be worth the money and the popcorn. Just my two cents. I may be wrong? But with the prices of movies now a days and practically every movie coming out is a friggin 3D movie Im gonna start waiting till dvd for alot of new movies.
        Damon
        Frightmasters
        www.houseoffright.com
        Damon Carson

Comment

Thor looks pretty cool, I'll see it probably on DVD. The Green Lantern looks horrible from what ive seen which is a shame he was one of my favorite heroes as a kid.

I'm planning to see Priest this weekend!

Allan

Comment

must see

Just saw a private screening of Priest. It was awesome lots of action several different types of vampires. Its was steam punk meets a westren meets a horror movie. They left room for a sequel.....possible if this one makes money. I didnt much care for Thor (needed more Asgard and frost giant battles). I am looking forward to Pirates and of course the Harry Potter finale...Green Lantern and Capt America not so much.

Comment

Uh-oh, steampunk meets western vampires? Sounds like quite possibly the worst vampire concepts ever conceived! Steampunk??? Horrible lol
              I thought it lt looked more of a post-apocalyptic world meets dark age revival...if that makes any sense.

DA

Comment

Saw it with my Daughter over the week-end.....thought it was going to be bad, but I was pleasantly surprised. Matinee price helped as well

Comment

We seen the preview of Cowboys vs Aliens, that might be good also. Thor looked interesting.
                  Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

Working...
                  X