Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Design

Hi All!

Just wanted to share my new blog with you all. I'm going to be sharing my sound design secrets with you! Also if you have any questions or needs please let me know!

Also Check out the new piece for the new album!
    Operator of "The Shadows" in Pittsburgh, PA

TheShadowsHaunt.com

Thanks for posting look forward to hearing some how to's!!

Question, I do some mixing and editing with audacity and vegas, capture voice over with a Shure sm7-b, is there a condenser mic and or, digital recorder you recommend for capturing practical sounds to then mess with to create an effect. Like capturing a door creak to then upload and edit into an ambient mix?

I've looked at getting one of the H digital devices but haven't decided. Thanks for any insight

Comment

Zoom H2 Audio Recorded

I use the Zoom H2, which is awesome. The sensitivity is remarkable for a handheld device and the quality is surprising. I bought it to record live jam sessions (I am a musician and Professional Sound Engineer/Lighting Designer), and was really amazed at the quality. Getting the sounds off the device is very easy. I have even produced CDs from audio recorded from my Zoom with amazing results. Well worth the money and very portable.
      Travis "Big T" Russell
      President
      Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Originally posted by BigT View Post
        I use the Zoom H2, which is awesome. The sensitivity is remarkable for a handheld device and the quality is surprising. I bought it to record live jam sessions (I am a musician and Professional Sound Engineer/Lighting Designer), and was really amazed at the quality. Getting the sounds off the device is very easy. I have even produced CDs from audio recorded from my Zoom with amazing results. Well worth the money and very portable.
        Thanks for the feedback, I've heard similar accounts from a few others, that's it, I'm getting one. have you tried your hand at mixing ambient haunt audio, I've messed with a lot of sounds from guitar strings, glass bottles, and insects. I'm always looking for innovation if you have any resources for recording ideas thanks for throwing them out there. I also get a lot of primary tracks to mix at freesound.org. Thanks again!

Comment

Making my own

I haven't tried any recording yet for my haunt. I use the recording mostly for my music but I am well equipped to create anything I want. I also have a digital recording studio at home where I can do multitrack recording and editing, and then burn my own CDs. Done a bunch of music CDs (myself and some friends) so it might be fun to try and create my own haunt recordings. The sound equipment I have makes amazing recordings and I am about to do my own queue line audio for a talking skull using my studio and some effects equipment I have. Should be fun!
          Travis "Big T" Russell
          President
          Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Got the Zoom H4n, will be doing some ambient tracks soon and will post links. If anyone has a need for a specific sound effect let me know - gives me practice. Let me know how long a loop you'd need and a time line with as much creative direction as you'd like to give.

Comment

Working...
            X