Screamworks Pictures...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screamworks Pictures...

Someone asked if anyone had pictures of Screamworks... so I uploaded them and added some comments.

Here ya go... you tell me what you think.

http://www.hauntworld.com/gallery/th...s.php?album=71

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Hey Larry, is that YOU in that hockey mask?

Comment

LArry, I have to thank you...you gave me a great tour of that fine attraction!!!!

-Tim
      www.houseofhorrorsbuffalo.com
      www.myspace.com/houseofhorrors
      thehorrorbizness@aol.com

Comment

Tim, Don't forget to send payment for the tour. Larry uses the honor system, just pay what you feel it was worth. Pay more if you got scared.
        (Of course it was a "lights on" tour, so if this scared you...what might this mean?)
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Now I understand

After looking at these pictures I now I understand why LP didn't attend Terror on the Fox and the Frozen Tundra Tour. He was embarrassed by his work compared to what those Bad Boyz do.

Comment

Ya some of those scenes were really bad! I dont really understand some of them. God were they just rushed or thrown in to fill it in or what. I've seen rooms with masks on the walls and stuff but these were really bad.
            Sorry not much creativity goin on there.
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

It's your kind of remark, Mr Hanf, that keeps people from thinking that the Haunt Industry is an organization of professionals. (edited for clarity)

Comment

So Sandi...let me get this straight. To put on a show that is clearly ametuerish...a show that unqusetionably rips people off with useless , outdated, and just plain "lame" scares with no imagination, planning, or creativity...a show that "eats a lot of "terrortory" as customers leave feeling that if they have seen one bad show they have seen them all.....a show that is obviously dangerous (see the chain on the floor scare) which perpetuates the lie that all haunts are dangerous.....and had the end result of the owners going broke and auctioning off their shows for pennies on the dollar.....a personal tragedy for these guys..................all this is ok but to say negative things about it gives the people the impression that we are not professional???

Let's try it this way.....how about you do your part to rid the industry of crap like this so people walk away having had a positive with their chosen show...and I'll say nothing but good things about it because it is professional, creative, and safe. Seems to me you are worried about looking professional while I'm worried about BEING professional. If you don't want us addressing these issues on an industry message board....where then? Rich Hanf

Comment

Mr Hanf,

The problem is your remark did not address ANY issues. It was just a snide, cutting little statement designed ONLY to demean the person mentioned. It's the kind of remark one would expect on the schoolground, not among mature adults. And in your reply, instead of taking responsibility for what you said, you attempt to shift blame to me, as though I am the one wrong for taking you to task. So I ask, try to keep the discourse civil, discuss the issues, and not engage in ad hominum remarks.

Comment

I would be curious how many people have an attraction on par with Halloween productions, eerie productions, bad boys, or the like... I would say many people on this board who run an attraction do what they can with what they have. Not to say you should make an unsafe attraction, however some people just don't have the monetary means of making an attraction like some of the mentioned above... Does that make us any less professional? I think everyone here tries to present a quality show to our customers... However some are just more creative then others. Its one thing to be unsafe but another to say because a show isn't on par with certain attractions, especially ones that cost 100's of thousands of dollars, is a little unfair... I know many in my area that are neat smaller attractions that don't come close in detail to others, but again they do what they can, and I would call them professional. Any thoughts?
                    Bill Rod.
                    Dark Tech Effects
                    Automated DMX Lighting
                    Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

I love making props, and detailing the sets of my haunted house. For me, it is one of the best parts of haunting. However, I’m well aware that a great looking haunt is only a small part of making a great haunted house. You can have the greatest looking show on the planet, but in the end it is the acting that counts. I bet I could set up a haunted house that had all white walls and dark hallways, run it with 10 great actors, and still have a show that people would remember. People get bombarded every day with cool visuals. America is an eye candy wonderland, from amusement parks to the mall. Cool visuals are so commonplace they don’t stick in our memory for long. However, how often do we encounter walking/talking ghouls, ghosts, and monsters in the real world?
                      What I’m trying to get at is that if you are going to shell out $40,000 for the stage, you better make sure the play and the actors measure up, cause when it is all said and done a haunted house is just wood and paint.
                      sigpic
                      Louis Brown
                      Owner, operator, and dish washer
                      at
                      DarkWood Manor

Comment

My thoughts exactly. Good actors are the backbone of a haunt. You can have an amazing looking haunt with thousands of dollars worth of animatronics and set pieces, but when it comes down to it great actors are what sells the scene. A quality built animatronic can last years, but a good actor will leave an impression for a lifetime.
                        Spooky Wishes
                        Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Oh goody, another LP bashing thread...I wonder when Mr Hanf will join in on this....oh, never mind, there he is...
                          Seriously, can we please stop this crap flinging?!? It was old like 10 years ago...
                          Yes the haunt looks below average, I mean it doesn't take much money to spray some spider webs around or paint some blood/grime drips on the walls, add a little something.
                          But I bet that more then half of the haunts in this country look like this, I know I have seen my share! Yet it so obvious when a LP spanking is about to begin...it's pretty sad.

=Joel=
                          Heartstoppers
                          Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
                          www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

Hey guys.....I have to say right off that I agree with most of you. Sandi...don't know why you are so staunchly in LP corner but that's your right...no problem. The comment was not specifically designed to demean LP as you suggest, but rather to shed a different light on the subject. The biggest problems I have found with YOU Leonard lovers is a nasty case of the "Emperors New Clothes syndrome". You see, you can't have it both ways. What Leonard is good at...in fact best at is promoting himself.
                            You can't go around saying you are the best thing to ever happen to this industry, you are the Godfather of this industry etc and then put out a product like the one we've seen here. What you people never seem willing to address is the "where the rubber meets the road" factor...cause when it comes down to it there may be smoke where he is concerned but in my opinion, there is rarely, if ever, actual fire.
                            So, why is that important? Well, in my opinion...and it's only my opinion...it is important to point out obvious differences in self promotion vs ability because of exactly what happened here in Screamworks.
                            Tell me, having seen this show with it's lack of anything of substance, would any of you had bought it for the many thousands these guys paid for it? Or, if you were their consultants...what would your advise to them have been? Or...if they came to you after the fact, what would your predictions for a successful show have been. BE HONEST NOW!!!

I know the answers already...if you are honest and decent people who aren't interested in screwing your fellow haunter. You can't nave it both ways. If you proclaim to be the best then you have to produce the best product...and have your clients best interest at heart...and spend their money like it was your own.

Perhaps, just perhaps had these poor guys read something by me, or Larry, or Rich Strtelack...something that made them say "wow...this guy claims to be the best...and is charging us a lot of maoney for these shows...but he closed his doors in Salem".....could they have thought it might have been a good idea to wait...to shop around a little more...to talk to some other people? Perhaps they could have gotten a real expert in there...someone who was experienced in actually doing shows, risking their own money, someone who could have advised them and really helped them. All I'm saying is WHAT IF?
                            These poor people are wiped out now. Done, personal tradegy. That hurts me...how about you guys? I'm not saying Leonard was responsible BUT...if you were a paying customer and you saw a show like that...and then went to see Netherworld...what would YOUR word of mouth be about Screamworks? What would YOU be telling your friends? Anything good?
                            I doubt it...and so the word of mouth begins and so does the death of this show. Understand?

The problem with YOU PEOPLE are that you have been sucked in and now that you are "believers" you have too much of an emotional investment to stand tall and admit that you have fallen for the old "okey doke". You are following the pied piper and are saying the emperor looks great in his new cloths. You have the guts to attack me for pointing out the problems here but don't have what it takes to stand back and take a fresh look at what is really going on here. That's ok though because as the Stones once said..."Time is on My Side". More and more of you see the light all the time.

I hear he is involved in a new project...something like Terror in Orlando...but that name may not be 100% correct. Anybody want to make a betting mans wager on if that show will be successful or not? I think you know where I'll stand. My guess is that it will be just like the Atlanta show...and the Niagara Falls show as well. Didn't know about that one did you?
                            Yell all you want...still love you guys Rich

Comment

After reading this thread, I was thinking why doesn't someone try to get a representative from Screamworks on here to tell thier viewpoint. That way, whatever the case may be, you can hear it from the "horses mouth" so to speak. That way, none of the haunters in this thread could be cited as LP bashing if they are honest about the whole situation.

Also, about the Orlando haunt, are they open or what? Last time I was down there, several months ago, I noticed this haunt had adds in all the entertainment books and magazines promoting their haunt and it appeared to be open from the adds. We looked for and couldn't find it, and we called and got no answer, and I believe their answering machine was full. Must have been a lot of us calling for a while....

Allan

Comment

Working...
                              X