How can you bring the sky inside?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you bring the sky inside?

Is there a cool way to make patrons think they're suddenly outside even though they're in a building?

My favorite ways to create that outside feeling indoors is to bring the outside... in. Bring in dirt, bring in trees, branches, shrubs, sprayed fire retardant of course... Or make fake ones if you can't. Then start in with the effects, add moon gobos in the sky, or projection of clouds moving across the sky on your ceilings etc. Create that extra layer of depth with sound effects. If you need any assistance with gobos let us know!
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Automated DMX Lighting
    Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

Battery powered rice lights work good for stars... they are dim and are cheap to buy and run... $2 for 8 I think and AA batteries to run. I got mine at ACMoore.
      Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

Also a fan or something to move the air and change its temp is a great illusion to walking from indoors to out.
        Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

We had a 10, 000 square foot rain forest. It was constantly raining so we need no fire protection.

Brought in 100's of trees, vines, a pond. the pathway was mulch outlined with logs. Great footing when its wet.
          The surprising thing was...when we turned out the lights there were 100's of crickets! Fantastic!

Everything was tied to the rafters.

We were lucky that room had floor drains every 8 ft.

Thank you,
          John
          Last edited by xtremecreator; 05-14-2011, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I've always wanted to do an indoor room with the same feeling and look as the inside of the Disneyland Pirates of the Caribbean with moving clouds, fireflies, etc.

Kel
            sigpic
            Kelly Allen
            Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
            www.RaycliffManor.com
            www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
            www.HauntBook.com

Comment

you could use a projector, I found a cool animation (CGI) with moving clouds and was considering projecting on the ceiling somehow. You'd have to use something transparent to project it onto like a show curtain, or even landscaping mesh. Search around for google for "animated clouds" and see what you can find. There's moving gobo projectors that might have this effect to where the metal gobo is the sky...

Comment

If you have a good budget you mite want to look at what Ceasers palace and Paris did in vegas!!!
                BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
                www.horrorfields.com

Comment

Or you could just haunt a planetarium?
                  sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Working...
                  X