walk time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• walk time

How can u calculate the walk time of a haunt? I feel anything over 45mins-1hr is getting to be to long.

Can you figure for example 1,000sqft takes 5mins to go though? I realize every haunt will be different but there has to be some base line to get an idea.

Do what You're Going to do.

Time it. If it's too long cut down on any long-winded dialog, elimate any unneceasry characters in their way, turn up some of the lights in the darkest parts, make the path more obvious with doors held open, especially if they are things that have to be found by the customers.
    If it's too quick do all of the former ideas in reverse, add dialog, add characters , obscure the path somewhat...
    You have alot of power to adjust it and make it more what you feel that you have to have.
    Unpredictable scares can have whole groups running but running is hazardous in my opinion and should not be called for or overly inspired or allowed to be a normal occurrence.
    Yes, many younger people can run and have no problems but that is not how it is for all of the people coming through any haunt.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I like to use 50ft of walk path = 10 seconds. That leaves no accounting for actors stopping them or lighting conditions, there are way to many factors to have a hard and fast rule. It also depends on the number of people in the group. You really need to run a few test groups and see what the time is, if its to short- then dim the lights. To long- brighten the lights. Actors can make the difference also, scareing forward speeds them up and scaqring backwards slows them down.
      I have thoughts on ideal length also, Im doing a class on haunt design at MHC I suggest you check it out.
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I suggest you get it video taped!!!

Comment

Working...
        X