HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: National Haunters Convention - Saturday Pics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default National Haunters Convention - Saturday Pics 
    I just uploaded all my NHC pics to my flickr account. You can check them out here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dwof/se...7626669517146/

2. Default great photos ! 
    thanks for posting. looks like the convention was another winner !!!!

3. Default need more input, photos, comments, please............. 
    was everybody happy ? I was (as usual due to family problems) unable to make it. please, if you were there, post your comments. thanking you all in advance for your considerations.

4. Default  
    I didn't even know it was happening this weekend... way to close to Hauntcon. These shows need more distance between them. Is anyone attending is that low or high? How many vendors do they have. What tours are they doing. Looking to hear more. Larry

5. Default Convention dates 
    Wasnt these two on the same weekend last year?! LOL! Now they were a week apart? It doesnt really make much sense! And I cant see one person going to one and then the next one in a weeks time. Its ridiculous and someone is cutting their own throat! From the videos of them on youtube the aisles look pretty bare. But then they might of been shot on the first day?
    Damon
    Frightmasters
    www.houseoffright.com
    Damon Carson

6. Default national haunters convention has their dates listed for the next 4 years 
    hauntcon needs to get with the program and stop screwing things up. just because they can't make up their minds way in advance, others have to suffer.

7. Default  
    This was my first year at NHC but I thought there was a good amount of vendors. The haunt tours were through Scare Brothers (4 haunts) and Fright Factory (4 haunts). The haunts were great... actors were AWESOME! I loved just how much pride they took in working there. I really enjoyed the Insane Asylum at Fright Factory. Awesome ideas, awesome actors, and lots fun good screams!

8. Default  
    NHC has there dates booked years in advanced. they are doing their part to make sure they are organized and set apart from other cons. As far as the rest of the cons in this industry i feel it is their responsibility to schedule accordingly. This year NHC unfortunatly took place over mothersday weekend so despite what others may say it did effect attendance a little but it was still a great show, Haunt Tactics had 2 booths and we had alot of traffic. As usual home haunters were very paramount in our success at this con so for those who bought and ordered i thank you. Nhc is our home convention and ill continue to support it. YOU WILL NOT FIND A BETTER VENDING AND ADMISSION PRICE. also lets talk about the pricelessness of the staff. michael rob and there crew are the most accomidating people in this industry. All in all it was a good show.
    Tim McCall

9. Default  
    This is my review of the NHC

First I want to start with the negatives of the show. Don't know why I always start there but here goes. We showed up at the show on Thursday which was plastered all over the site as the first date it would be open. We got there and they were setting things up. When we walked up a guy was shouting at the staff that like us they saw the site and showed up and they drove 3 hours to get there. The response from the staff was that they were in fact open because they had a fire safety training class on Thursday. REALLY. Don't put that as an open date if you have nothing else I know a few other people we talked to were pissed.

One other thing that would have been nice was some helpful info on the area. For instance recommend car rentals from the airport instead of the dreaded $80 taxi rides. Little notes like that would have saved some people a little money.

On the plus side the show was well attended by vendors. The staff was friendly even if things seemed a little scattered. We sat in on some of the Q&A and free info offered and enjoyed it. We made several purchases and met two vendors we had never seen before.

We did not attend any of the classes as none really stuck out to me as a must see. We also did not attend the tour. The area was very nice and once we did get the car rental it made things much easier. Over all a good time but I would wait a few years before going back unless we were going to Vend.
    Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

10. Default  
    Personally if you ask me there is just to many shows but if there are going to be this many shows they should be at least one month apart otherwise all of these shows will suffer. Larry

Thread Information