Haunted Attraction Investors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted Attraction Investors

Hello everyone. It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I was recently thinking of how I can get money to build my haunt. I can't go to a bank and get a loan because I cannot afford to pay the loan back every month until AFTER the show. So I was wondering if anyone had tried going to an investor and asking for something like $10,000-$20,000 and paying the investor double his money back or at least 150%. This seems to me to be the only way to get the money I need now and pay it back later with the revenue from the show. I thought about sponsors, but I don't know how to approach them either. Does anyone know of any investors? Thanks.
    ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
    ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
    www.facebook.com/DementiaHauntedHouse

If you follow the path I took to get backing be prepared to state your case over and over again . Get up every day with a new found enthusiasm for what you wish to accomplish.
    Find someone fairly local who did something that everyone else thought was totally nuts or wrong but succeeded wildly, they will not only have the money to loan you but also the mindset that it can successfully happen. My investor flooded his cornfield in 1949 and it became a lake offering swimming, camping, and expanded from there.
    I also was 38 years old and had worked like a dog long hours for the previous 15 years as an adult so I had a good reputation to rely upon.
    To make this all work , you also will have to put in long hours of concentrated effort towards this dream of yours.
    Anything worthwhile really never comes easy or is just handed to us.
    Money or situations in life handed to us almost always fail because we don't appreciate the opportunity enough to make the effort really needed to make it work.
    Possibly everything else in your personal life will have to be asked to sit in a distant backseat for many years .
    Or you could win big in the Lotto? Or some wealthy relative could hand you the money then forgot they did that?
    I have known some people who waited 30 years for a certain relative to die and leave them the money they needed for something, it would have been easier to just work hard, in my opinoin.
    This is all I know about achieving a dream.
    It worked for me because I worked. Still working at it everyday.
    20 years now.
    Good Luck.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I hear you, Jim. I have every intention of giving my Haunt everything I have. I have been contacting people about various things from running the scares to building the walls...everything. But without financial backing, all I really have is a dream. I have spent a lot of today trying to find various methods of fundraising. I guess the logical thing to do is contact local businesses and see if they'll sponsor the show. Does anyone know of a website that teaches you how draw up a proposal or approach businesses or investor and show them the benefits of sponsoring a haunted attraction? I know they are going to expect their logo somewhere in the ads for the haunt, but I don't know what to give the business who gives me $200 and what to give the business that gives me $1000. What do you all do when you approach a potential sponsor? I am very determined to have my haunt this year...I've already begun working on the props and I can't turn back now
      ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
      ^v^ ^v^ ^v^

Comment

A good start at this is to buy the book, "So you want to be a haunterpaneaur" (Sorry its misspelled) by Kel. Its a great good on starting a haunted attraction and its pretty cheap. The next step is Credit cards! get some and make them your best friend. Its hard to find good investers and sponsors so plan on having the majority come out of your pocket. Its amazing what you can do to start a haunt when you put some imagination into it.

Good luck!

Sean
        Sean De Wane
        ----------------------------------------------
        The De Wane Asylum
        www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

what if your show has a poor turnout simply because its the first year?or bad location?how will you pay back the investor 150%?

Comment

Well that's certainly a possibility, but the location I chose is in the middle of a small city with lots of easy access. Plus the only other Haunt around here hasn't changed in over 3 years so the locals are sick of it. There is no guarantee that the haunt will bring in what I hope it will bring in $50,000 but I can sure try. I really don't know what to do. I just ordered the book the MMManiac suggested and it should be in my mail box in about 3 days. I'm going to start there. I was just wondering if anyone here had gone with an investor and how to approach them. I would anything it takes to get my haunt up and running.
            ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
            ^v^ ^v^ ^v^

Comment

I almost had an investor that backed out and am I glad he did!
              It would have been a whole adult family affair and I think they are fairly conservative and I don't think anything would have worked with this "help".
              Even partnerships between good friends can turn out all wrong.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Is there a web site or anyhthing for "So you want to be a Hauntrapenure" (sorry for spelling)
                ________
                Suzuki TS125 DUSTER
                Last edited by dusty588; 01-24-2011, 05:04 AM.

Comment

There is a book by the same name... it was written to Kelly Allen.

We sell it on our supply store www.hauntedhousesupplies.com

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Written to? Who wrote it to him then?

(brat for the night, but you can see my reasons in pictures
                    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

I got the book here: http://eurekascreams.com/halloween/hauntbook2.shtml
                      ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
                      ^v^ ^v^ ^v^

Comment

Very popular book!!! I've heard many people say great things about it.

I have a copy, and couldn't believe that Kelly would pour that much of his time into a book after his first year. He told me first hand he did it because he didn't want anyone to ever go through what he did to get open... he wanted to make other peoples stuggles easier.

Cheers to Kelly!

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President
                        www.HalloweenProductions.com
                        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Double cheers. Was being a brat but I very much had to buy the book. The business section alone was worth the cost.

so if any haunters is thinking about getting Kel's book, I so, DO IT. Less than a prop cost, less than a tank of gas, it will pay for itself in dividends of knowledge.

Comment

So this book would be a good start, for my interest in owning a haunted attraction. Also, would you suggest any DVD'S with the same material?
                            ________
                            Honda ZB50
                            Last edited by dusty588; 01-24-2011, 05:04 AM.

Comment

I can only think of 2 books which are useful, Field of Screams by Michael Cruz, and the JBCorn books.

Comment

Working...
                              X