Customer input on functionality of product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer input on functionality of product

I would really have to have some serious input on the functionality of our Scream Cube.
    Right now our Scream cube operates with 9 buttons on one controller and can control 8 sounds independently with each button.
    But we have an opportunity to make a change that will allow us to do only 2 buttons to control up to 15 sounds.
    The only difference is in the current configuration you press the button of the specific sound you want. If we make this change the sounds will be randomized.

Your input will be effecting the functionality of our product, so what do you think.
    Less buttons with more sounds with randomization
    Or
    more buttons with fewer sounds but absolute control over those sounds.

We could offer it both ways but then we would not be able to finish the product before hand but only when the order is placed.

I personally like the fewer buttons with more sounds for most situations except when you are trying to script an actor's performance.

Your feedback is not only appreciated but needed to make this change. I want to make sure we are doing what is best for you, our valued customers.
    Kevin R. Alvey
    info at gore-galore.com
    www.gore-galore.com
    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

I don't think I would be interested in random sounds at that price point. Scream cube seems better for usage with a character.

Comment

I like the one button one sound route, but in all honesty I could get by with four sounds and be just as happy.
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I like 2 buttons 15 sounds (random).
        The sounds that you will have loaded on the cube will already be made for that character so why not just have them random.
        It also would make it a lot easier on the actor not having to find the right button every time.
        My 2 cents.
        sigpic
        PEACE, ADAM
        www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Thanks Gents for your input.
          Poison and Allan,
          You are both correct.
          This was the MAIN reason for the possible change.
          The ease of being able to use the controller. Even putting an elastic strap on the back of the controller so you can wear it in your palm and operate it with your thumb. And NOT have to search out the correct file.
          But you can have as few or up to 15 sounds. It is wonderfully easy to make that modification yourself.

But here is the Catch HauntedPaws is exactly correct in why I designed the Scream Cube the way it is designed now. Sadly, I haven't seen many people use it this way, and We have not really used it this way. But I was looking at Scripting some things to show that functionality.

Maybe we should offer it both way.

I am still open to input but you guys are showing exactly why this has been a hard decision.
          Kevin R. Alvey
          info at gore-galore.com
          www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

For a character giving a spiel- they will alyways be in the same location. So why not modify the scream cube to be a "scream station" so the speakers get hung in the room and the actor controls the timing with the buttons. then you would have a portable scream cube and a stationary scream station.
            Allen H
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Is the audio in your videos of the scream cube working or is it added?

Claustic makes me want a scream cube to not be random.

Monkey Bone would be fine with random.

I wish you'd make a scream cube page so I could see more of the sound bits available. Might make me plan on purchasing more.

Comment

hauntedPaws,

We have tons of random sound effects.
                From 30 or 40 different roars etc, to screams, laughs, mechanical sounds, zombie noises, clown horns, weird clown noises.
                But not too many good for scripting.
                The original ideas and we do have these sound effects: breathing, growling, attacking noises, and then evil laughter for most of the characters. This was as basic as we could get for our customers to use.
                I thought any more scripting than that might be useless since you would need more specific info.
                But we could do a specific lead character pitch, like " welcome to our home, and then lay out the rules etc...
                Still open to ideas here
                Kevin R. Alvey
                info at gore-galore.com
                www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

Alright,
                  Here is the plan with the input we received.
                  I will be honest, I was hoping for more participation, but received good input.

We will be producing a 2 button scream cube for ease of operation.
                  And an option for the 9 button system in the shopping cart. So if you want the 9 buttons, you will just select it.
                  Otherwise it will be 2 buttons. One for random up to 15 files. and one button as a kill switch.
                  This works great for use on our Creature Cart systems, and in giant costumes when used in the Queueline or in the Haunt.

And we are currectly creating more sound files as we speak.
                  I have made close to 30 new ones in the past week or 2.
                  Plus we will be adding some new Sounds of Gore CDs to our site and www.hauntaudio.com.
                  The first one should be up soon.
                  And we will be uploading several of the single sound files to www.hauntaudio.com also soon for your convenience.
                  Kevin R. Alvey
                  info at gore-galore.com
                  www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

If I Could Push One Button..

And that one button could kick about 10 butts at the same time , it would make running a haunt easier during October!
                    (And my foot wouldn't be getting stuck either!)
                    My theory about electric sound defects is simple, but it works (sorry to tell you this after all the work you have done to put all those sounds on your machine) you only needed ONE sound!
                    The sound of a juicey, diarehtic fart!
                    "Run for your life Bobby! The big monster-guy just farted!"
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim,

Your mojo is good.
                      I am sure you could do a whole scream cube full of fart sounds if that is what would turn your crank.

Oh, other scream cube options.
                      It comes with a 12 volt rechargeable nicad battery, but can be used with a wired 12 volt power supply if we are asked to hook it up that way.

Now it also has a relay to control the eyes in our creatures or scene lighting when a sound is activated. Works great with www.minispotlight.com leds. I am sure it would work with any other leds also. But I have not tested others. It is great for having a scene or character lighting dark when a customer walks into a scare but as soon as the sound is activated the eyes in the creature lights up as does the lighting for the character. It adds another controllable element to the scare.
                      Field Tested and Customer approved.

And has an ambient track. which means when scream cube is dormant it will constantly play a background sound. This is a selection on the circuit board.

As a matter of fact, we could turn this into an automated scare box if someone wanted it made that way. We would hook up a 12 power supply and a sensor or foot pad.

The only problem we have run into is that we cannot have all the sounds on the SD card anymore. It can interfere with the operation of the scream cube. So the sounds have to be put on a Disc and since we are creating new tracks all the time now and adding them to the disc. We will be selling this disc separately so that you can buy the disc even if you do not buy a scream cube. We have not had this option available before. we just have to get some cover art created and we will be ready to go.
                      Kevin R. Alvey
                      info at gore-galore.com
                      www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X