Moving sound around a room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving sound around a room

Has anyone got input on how to make sound move around in a room?
    like footsteps moving from one side of the room to the other or a "ghost" voice walking around
    We are planning a haunt "show" this year instead of a walk thru haunted house. The guests will be sitting around tables with a ghost narrator leading the show. We need his voice to sound like he is talking and walking around the room.

They make this already. the company is 1031 something. Ill look it up and get back to you.

john

Comment

You just need to produce your audio file in 5.1 or 7.1 surround, then playback with a surround receiver and speakers. Most of the decent audio software packages will do this, heck Audacity will do it and it's freeware.
      Brett Hays, Director
      Fear Fair
      www.fearfair.com

Comment

If I remember correctly the voice would follow "YOU" around the room. Not just travel or around the room. whisper in your near your ear and such. it was 1031 productions or something. Ill let you know.

John

Comment

Originally posted by xtremecreator View Post
          If I remember correctly the voice would follow "YOU" around the room. Not just travel or around the room. whisper in your near your ear and such. it was 1031 productions or something. Ill let you know.

John
          Oh, that's a little more complicated.. Would have to have a computer or controller reading input from motion or proximity sensors and either dynamically steering the signal or just energizing relays to turn speakers on and off. Back when I was first getting started we would have an endless tape in a walkman playing a sound effect all the time and just run one leg of the speaker wire through a relay and turn it on or off when you wanted the sound.. yep I'm old.. lol

Believe I first read how to do that in a Phil Miller book, or might have been J.B. Corn.
          Brett Hays, Director
          Fear Fair
          www.fearfair.com

Comment

surround sound system

Thanks for the replys xtremecreator and bhays.
            The surround sound system is what I had in mind but have never used it as far as recording or using in haunted house.
            This is where I am....... want to upgrade the ol haunted house to a "new" and totaly diffrent venue but am not familiar with the controllers and sound systems that are avaliable today at an afordable level for a small time haunt operator.

Please give me some ideas on a decent system to start out with.............

The room the guest will be sitting in is 30' x 30' center of ceiling is 16' tall.... wall to ceiling is 10'
            There will be a small stage along one wall. we will be using projectors and moving lights for the "ghost" images. Now all I have left to do is blend in the sound so the guests get the feeling that ghosts are walking around the room talking and moving things.

Comment

Working...
            X