No announcement yet.

Tornado hits Joplin, MO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the well wishes, positive thoughts, energy and prayers everyone! I've been able to hear from most of the team now and, so far, everyone is alright. Of course some have experienced losses, but like was said before, all are grateful to have their lives and the lives of their loved ones! I did finally get a report that it appears the tornado missed the Raycliff Attractions. Again, the buildings can be replaced though. The real haunt is the team... like most haunts our team is a family. I'm eternally grateful that so far it appears that our haunt family members are all alright.

Update! As I was typing this I received word that the last of our team members are fine! I can't even explain the gratitude I feel right now!!!

Also, a good friend of mine reported that his daughter and her mother were trapped under debris from their collapsed apartment and they made it out fine. His daughter, Sophie, burned her knee on the water heater, but otherwise they are both well and they are both safe with him at his house right now. When things like this happen, it really puts our priorities in order, doesn't it!

Thanks again so much for all the positive thoughts and prayers!

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Originally posted by Slain View Post
      Can someone find my friends john and his wife at spooky props? They are in joplin. I don't have a current phone number and i know the internet has to be down........
      Paul, I heard from John today and he said they were ok.

Comment

I can't believe that the President hasn't left Europe to look over this situation... Bush was ripped on over New Orleans. This is some serious situation here, 116 confirmed dead and with all that rubble it could double. The whole town is GONE, and Obama is drinking beer in Ireland.

Unreal!

Anyway if there is anything I can do to help please let me know... if we have any Joplin area haunts here again please let me know!

BTW... Joplin is near Springfield.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I woke feeling both gratitude and sorrow. I'm extremely grateful for knowing our entire Raycliff team is safe and well. I am eternally grateful for the support the Joplin community has shown us and our team from the day we first established the business there. I am overwhelmed with sorrow for the loss and devastation to Joplin and the community that has become my second home...

Thanks for all the emails and calls of concern and support everyone. I'm sorry I haven't been able to respond to everyone. It's awesome to know that we have such a loving and caring haunt community! Lee and I are going to see if we can help out in the Joplin area today. We appreciate the positive thoughts, energy and prayers that are going out to all the people affected by this disaster.

Kel
          sigpic
          Kelly Allen
          www.RaycliffManor.com
          www.HauntBook.com

Comment

We really dodged a bullet here. I live just outside Branson, Missouri and the same hook echo that caused the Joplin tornado passed right over our heads. It just kills me to hear the stories of devastation coming from there. We have family that lives there who just had a wedding on Saturday and their house took a direct hit. Thankfully no serious injuries, but their stories of friends in the neighborhood are heartbreaking. 30% of the city was literally wiped off the map. Joplin is in the high risk zone of possibly more tornadoes and severe weather again today, so keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
            http://www.hauntedozarks.com

Comment

Haunted Ozarks, so glad the tornado didn't touch down in your area. Lee and I spent the day in Joplin yesterday and it's just completely unreal! We were able to give two of our Fright Team members a huge hug of gratitude yesterday. Becki, our Fright Team Manager lives right where the tornado wiped out miles of neighborhoods. Amazingly, her house is severely damaged but still standing. We walked 4 houses down from her house and all you see for miles is flattened debris. It looks like an atomic bomb went off! Seeing people dig through the rubble of what were their homes to try and find remnants of their lives was one of the most helpless feelings I've experienced. I saw a teddy bear lying in the debris and it took everything I had not to break down. It just really struck me!

We've been blessed to be welcomed, embraced and supported by the Joplin residents and business community from day one of moving the business there. They are a resilient people and a true community. I know in time Joplin will be better and stronger than ever before. For now, there is so much help and healing needed. It makes my heart rejoice to see the support coming from all over with efforts to help. I only hope that when the shock is over and the news coverage moves to the next big story, the people and needs of the Joplin community will not be forgotten...

Kel
              sigpic
              Kelly Allen
              www.RaycliffManor.com
              www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by The13thHour View Post
                Paul, I heard from John today and he said they were ok.
                John did e-mail me and let me know that but thanks

Comment

Glad to hear things at Raycliff are OK, (all things considered). Positive waves being sent...
                  http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                  http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

St. Louis is once again under a tornado warning. It's dark, it's raining its just nasty. The rain just won't stop.

Remember we got hit with a devestating twister a few weeks ago, nothing like Joplin. Looks like Missouri is the Twister capital right now.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

We're back home and we've been back to Joplin. Progress appears to be taking place, but at a very slow pace. The dust clouds have settled and seeing the devastation again remains surreal. Being at MHC and enjoying such an awesome time with other haunters was just the escape we needed. Thanks so much to all of you who took the time to express your concerns, sympathies and empathies for Joplin and the Raycliff Fright Team. All the kind words were taken deeply to heart and very much appreciated. Allen, Shannon, Jim and Jay, thanks for allowing me to finally leak some of my emotion regarding the situation.

The day before yesterday Lee and I met with members of the Disaster Recovery / Economic Impact organization and we spent hours filling out paperwork to see if we will qualify for a loan program designed to help sustain businesses affected by the disaster. Due to the freshness of the disaster, we will now be unable to follow through with the intended Summer Festival of Fright we were going to put on this year. There are no grants to assist the businesses in Joplin; however, SBA is working to provide low interest loans to help those needing to rebuild and to those who will experience a negative economic impact until the city of Joplin is able to start realizing a recovery. As many of you know, we were in the process of selling the business before the tornado hit. I was asked about this many times at MHC. We’re still waiting to see if this has been derailed by the tornado or if it will still take place. We hope to know very soon whether or not the Raycliff Attractions will be operating in Joplin again this year and, if so, whether or not it will remain under our ownership. This will be the 8th year of operation for the Raycliff Attractions and we hope the people of Joplin and the surrounding area will have experienced enough recovery and be in a psychological and financial state to support the 2011 season. Of course it’s our ultimate desire to see the Raycliff Attractions, whether under our ownership or that of another, provide a much needed escape from reality and the highest entertainment value possible for the residents of Joplin and the surrounding area.

For those of you who have seen my post regarding the new business venture, yes we do still intend to move forward with this. At this time, however, we are assessing all of our options and trying to determine the best approach for the continued success of the Raycliff Attractions. Your positive thoughts, energy and prayers are greatly appreciated!

Kel

P.S. The final statement in this video clip sums it up well... "love your neighbor"
                      http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/....heartache.cnn
                      Last edited by Raycliff Manor; 06-12-2011, 08:21 AM. Reason: Add Video Clip
                      sigpic
                      Kelly Allen
                      www.RaycliffManor.com
                      www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Working...
                      X