Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promotional Poster for our new Haunt in Alabama

insanitarium poster.jpg
    Our Haunt is called "Pinson InSanitarium". We are located in Pinson, AL. We are restarting a haunt that has been out of commission for the past 3 years. We will be the fundraiser of the local high school, where I teach Art. We've been planning for 8 months and everything seems to be falling into place; location, actors, support from our school administration. Because of the lack of money, we will rely on quality acting and solid theming. Our Haunt will take place in an asylum for the criminally insane during the 1950's.

This is the poster that I've made. I was going for a 1950's horror/sci-fi movie look. I know most posters use realism and lots of photoshop, but that is not where my strengths are. I think it fits the theme/time period. Thoughts?

If there is anyone out there who owns a haunt , in Alabama, who would be willing to give advice or offer a tour of their haunt it would be much appreciated. We are truly excited about our haunt, but are not naive to think we can compete with the "big boys".

Of course, any advice, no matter where you live, is welcome. Thanks!

You can reach me at chris[MENTION=18611]CatacombProductions[/MENTION].com on on Facebook at "Pinson InSanitarium"
    Last edited by CatacombProductions; 05-23-2011, 01:01 PM. Reason: additional content
    www.catacombproductions.com

It seems a good few alabama haunts are popping up! P.m. me your number and I will talk with vinny, the owner of arx mortis in killen, where I work. I would also talk to shane, or his username for hauntworld, graystone. both are great guys and im sure would give you a few pointers or maybe a tour? lol Also, shane is throwing a bbq sometime next month, i would definately go to that if I were starting in the business to meet people in the industry. -Tristin
    Owner & Host - Flatline Radio
    "Keeping our fingers on the absent pulse of the Haunt Industry."
    sigpic
    flatlineradio.podomatic.com

Comment

New Haunt

Originally posted by CatacombProductions View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]9580[/ATTACH]
      Our Haunt is called "Pinson InSanitarium". We are located in Pinson, AL. We are restarting a haunt that has been out of commission for the past 3 years. We will be the fundraiser of the local high school, where I teach Art. We've been planning for 8 months and everything seems to be falling into place; location, actors, support from our school administration. Because of the lack of money, we will rely on quality acting and solid theming. Our Haunt will take place in an asylum for the criminally insane during the 1950's.

This is the poster that I've made. I was going for a 1950's horror/sci-fi movie look. I know most posters use realism and lots of photoshop, but that is not where my strengths are. I think it fits the theme/time period. Thoughts?

If there is anyone out there who owns a haunt , in Alabama, who would be willing to give advice or offer a tour of their haunt it would be much appreciated. We are truly excited about our haunt, but are not naive to think we can compete with the "big boys".

Of course, any advice, no matter where you live, is welcome. Thanks!

You can reach me at chris[MENTION=18611]CatacombProductions[/MENTION].com on on Facebook at "Pinson InSanitarium"
      Hopefully the State Fire Marshall will be easier on you than he was on our place (Yes you will have to have your place inspected by the State of Alabama's Fire Marshals office) That is the law. You have to meet all electrical codes, emergency exit codes, building codes etc: Most important a sprinkler system will have to be installed if you don't have one already!! Anytime you have "people" going through an attraction all codes have to be meet. Just an FYI....
      Last edited by Slain; 05-24-2011, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Offer VIP for sure. People especially on dates and curfews don't have time to waste in line. easy extra $5 for convenience. Make mon/thurs different easier to see color to show time difference.

Comment

Slain-Sorry to hear about your experience. All good points, thanks for the reminders. We are tailoring our plans for inspections; exits, fire retardants, etc. Luckily, our building is a community center that is already up to code and fully insured for large events that we will fall under. Sadly we have to build off site all summer and assemble during September since they have events through August.

HauntedPaws-Love the VIP idea. This would be an awesome problem to have! There have been haunts previously at this location, and I've seen their past numbers. The biggest year they ever had was about 3000 for the entire month of October(15 nights).
          Great idea about the Mon/Thurs time difference!

Thanks.

Comment

Nice poster. What size is it?
            www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Amen

I will say it again AMEN Paul!!! Good luck guys! Shane and it's you will now know what hell means LOL! Shane
              Originally posted by Slain View Post
              Hopefully the State Fire Marshall will be easier on you than he was on our place (Yes you will have to have your place inspected by the State of Alabama's Fire Marshals office) That is the law. You have to meet all electrical codes, emergency exit codes, building codes etc: Most important a sprinkler system will have to be installed if you don't have one already!! Anytime you have "people" going through an attraction all codes have to be meet. Just an FYI....
              sigpic

Comment

The biggest year they ever had was about 3000 for the entire month of October(15 nights).

Did they advertise?

Comment

HauntedPaws- seemed low to me too. not much from my understanding. That's one of the reasons I wanted to make an effective poster to put in as many places as possible.

Shane- thanks for the well wishes. We went to Disturbia this past season and enjoyed it immensely. I marvel at what you guys were able to accomplish and even more so in such a short time. Simply amazing.
                  Being an Alabama haunter, what type of advertising do you find most effective?

Monsterwax- at this point it's digital, so I can go as big or small as I want.

Comment

I like the poster. No web address? What's the building look like? I would suggest adding a line drawing of it in the background maybe the top right corner. Goes a long way for people that are looking for it...
                    John Jordan
                    www.TheAsylumwv.com
                    www.Trans-AlleghenyLunaticAsylum.com

Comment

TALA- the web address is at the very top. . We have pictures of the building on our website, but I'll consider putting it in. Thanks.

Comment

insanitarium poster.jpg

Poster with a few corrections/changes. Thanks for all of the kind words and well wishes. We hope to raise a lot of money for our Fine Arts Department at my school and have fun doing it!
                        Last edited by CatacombProductions; 05-25-2011, 11:37 AM. Reason: grammer

Comment

The poster looks great. I like the design you went with matches your theme and building perfectly. I must say I am jealous of your building, it's a gem.
                          Joshua
                          www.hauntedprints.com
                          info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

Haunted Prints - thanks for the kind words. Yep. the building is pretty awesome. Even though it was built in 1937, it is still in fantastic shape. Only draw back is that it is a fully running community center, so we cannot fully move in until mid September. We are building as much offsite as possible.

Comment

I Like it

It's simple and easy to read and also gets the point across what you are portraying. Wish mine were that simple. I actually designed 3 different ones this year, maybe I will post them! Get some feedback!
                              If you're scared, say you're scared...

Comment

Working...
                              X