No announcement yet.

Twisted Woods Logo help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is way too much going on with the logo. It needs to be a clean, memorable design that you could easily create t-shirts and other apparel with. It's also hard to read and the only people who won't have a problem are those who already know about the haunt. Like Dark said, it looks like it's straight out of the 70s or 80s and makes your haunt look unprofessional. It's a cool design, but won't do anything for marketing your haunt. My suggestion is to start over and create something that looks more corporate instead of a comic book style logo. You can be creative, but not to the point where it's not legible.
    Spooky Wishes
    Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Thanks Noah!

Here is something to consider. Look at the list of Hauntworld's top 13 haunts from last year. Pretty much every logo is very well done. Look at what the best haunts do and compare to this logo. I rest my case.

http://www.hauntworld.com/featured_a...tractions_2010

Shawn I hope you know I'm trying to be helpful not negative.

DA

Comment

Look at movie fonts, logos and such. This is a business even though it's a haunt you're in it to make money or so I would gather.

Look at the hauntworld site logo it's cool, clean and edgy.

Comment

Puppy I dont think so!

Dark I have my own haunted house and my own haunt vending business. I dont need to follow anyone. I give credit where credit is due. Larry has an amazing haunt hands down! This has nothing to do with Larry or Jim. For your information I consider both good friends of mine. Larry has done many nice things for me over the years Ive known him and attended his haunt. Jim is a great guy and also has done many nice things for me. What have you ever contributed on this board but giving maybe Shane alot of hell and others. I didnt say use this for your main haunt logo. Maybe you missed it when I said he has another logo. Shawn is merely looking for suggestions. He probably will have it cleaned up to read better. He has an artist that works for major record labels and I think
          Disney. If I remember right. So you really dont know what your talking about this isnt just some joe shmoe off the streets he has creating this for him. Far as your opinion it doesnt matter to a hill of beans to me. When you grow up and want to be big boy and show us something creative you can do on here let me and everyone else know. Okay!
          Damon
          Frightmasters
          www.houseoffright.com
          Damon Carson

Comment

Logo

Yes I do have another logo but I do agree with everyone about it would not be a good billboard but I do think it will look cool on a flyer and T-shirts yes maybe the title of logo help may have miss led some of you. I appreciate everyone's input but DA you are a downer to almost every thread i have seen you on. So if one person calls you a duck then do not worry about it, when 2 people call you a duck you might want to take a look at yourself but if most of the people call you a duck you might want to waddle you way down to the pond.

One again thank you for everyone's input

Shawn
            Twisted Woods

Comment

Attacked?

Do you think that original art work should be called clip art from the 70's or was that just you being yourself again? You have very little concern about being attacked I honestly think that is the only reason you are on this Forum in the first place so in the future, If it takes you to keep a thread going PLEASE let it die. I do appreciate the way everyone else has there input but you always try and start something by saying something like mentioned.

Once again thank you to everyone ( beside DA)

Shawn
              Twisted Woods

Comment

Comment

That is great

BWAHHHHHH!!!!! LLLLMMMMAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Twin

That is prefect

Shawn
                  Twisted Woods

Comment

I like black and white better but the red one is easier to read.

I can definitely still tell what it says, though. It surprised me when I read that a lot of people couldn't :O haha

Comment

When Shane Speaks.......

People listen ( yeah thats cocky LOL) I like it myself it's different. Honestly Bradenton the question should be is do you like it? If you do really at the end of the day who the hell cares what others think. What I am saying is if you like it and it makes you happy and you feel you can succeed with it then BABY GO WITH IT!!!!!! Shane and it's DiStUrBiA! Shane
                      sigpic

Comment

Your so right Shane BUT!

Originally posted by graystone View Post
                        People listen ( yeah thats cocky LOL) I like it myself it's different. Honestly Bradenton the question should be is do you like it? If you do really at the end of the day who the hell cares what others think. What I am saying is if you like it and it makes you happy and you feel you can succeed with it then BABY GO WITH IT!!!!!! Shane and it's DiStUrBiA! Shane
                        BUT! in marketing and advertising at the end of the day it really doesn't matter what you think, it is what your customers perceive it to be.
                        To be brutally honest (which I'm sure you'll respect) the logo design is very creative but looks like a 14 year old did it in and art class after smoking some good weed.

Comment

Hummmm

Originally posted by Slain View Post
                          BUT! in marketing and advertising at the end of the day it really doesn't matter what you think, it is what your customers perceive it to be.
                          To be brutally honest (which I'm sure you'll respect) the logo design is very creative but looks like a 14 year old did it in and art class after smoking some good weed.
                          Well Paul I am speechless!!!! LOL Shane and it's this is a first for me!!! Shane!!!!!!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

You Rock

Originally posted by graystone View Post
                            Well Paul I am speechless!!!! LOL Shane and it's this is a first for me!!! Shane!!!!!!!!!
                            You still rock buddy!!

Comment

Shawn... I like it. It needs some tweaks, but I like it... Perhaps work on doing like Allen said... make it stand out more... There are plenty of us on this site that can help you out in aesthetically altering it slightly to really "Pop"

P.S., I am so used to DA being ignorant instead of helpful that I just ignore him. In time you will also learn to do the same.

Take care, and if you need any help, feel free to PM me.

Comment

I love it

The original design rocks! I would love to have it on a shirt. I believe it should be treated as artwork that is what it is. Awesome T shirt design place the web address below it. That being said if it was to be used in any situation that wood require it to be read from any real distance I would suggest a striped down version with less detail to make the letters clearer. Hope you like what I tried to do real quick for ya.

Comment

Working...
                                X