No announcement yet.

Twisted Woods Logo help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only changes to the top one I would change maybe is. Make the tree which is the letter t taller and make the branch on the right come down. Because the buzzard looks too good perched up there to lower. And instead of the stump which is the i on twisted. Maybe make it a zombie hand coming out of the ground? Or maybe switch it with the noose on the bottom image with it hanging over a shorter stump. I like the noose hanging down looks cool! Again I think it looks awesome!
    Damon
    Frightmasters
    www.houseoffright.com
    Damon Carson

Comment

Neither ... To much going on. The individual items are cool but the composition is bad.. It is also not balanced correctly. I think u are very creative and talented but in LOGOs less is more. Think symbol that is easily communicated . You have less then a second to communicate your branding. Your branding will be extremely valuable down the road...take your time and put it out there. At the end of the day it is not how you feel about it... It is have you communicated your message to the target goal effeciantly? .... Sorry 17 years as a high school art teacher(retired) makes you ramble.
      Last edited by tonguesandwich; 05-27-2011, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deathstaste View Post
        The original design rocks! I would love to have it on a shirt. I believe it should be treated as artwork that is what it is. Awesome T shirt design place the web address below it. That being said if it was to be used in any situation that wood require it to be read from any real distance I would suggest a striped down version with less detail to make the letters clearer. Hope you like what I tried to do real quick for ya.
        I do like that...really POPS out at you...
        http://www.bigscaryshow.com
        http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Smoking weed

Originally posted by Slain View Post
          To be brutally honest (which I'm sure you'll respect) the logo design is very creative but looks like a 14 year old did it in and art class after smoking some good weed.
          Well just for your info the artist is a teacher at one of the top art collages in the country and he is older than 14. He does work for Disney, Universal, Hard Rock, Ron John surf shop, and Margaritaville just to name a few. I think he might know a little about art.

Thank you for everyone how can give constructive criticism.

Shawn
          Twisted Woods

Comment

Originally posted by Bradenton Haunted Trail View Post
            Well just for your info the artist is a teacher at one of the top art collages in the country and he is older than 14. He does work for Disney, Universal, Hard Rock, Ron John surf shop, and Margaritaville just to name a few. I think he might know a little about art.

Thank you for everyone how can give constructive criticism.

Shawn
            Twisted Woods
            As I said before you don't see such a complex logo in any corporate signage. they probably are the experts on the topic too. Even the prop companies keep it simple, even other haunts. You have about 10 seconds to grab their attention before it moves on to something else.

Comment

I would be more than willing to help you out man, free of charge. I work as a designer for my alternate (non Rotting Flesh Radio) job. I think your art is awesome. It does need to be read faster and a bit more clean. I think it can totally happen.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
              http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
              "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
              http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Working...
              X